PDA

View Full Version : A Note on Having Your Threads Closed ....

Volcana
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I've had threads closed more than once. I've been banned more than once.

I have also, on a notable occasion, been UN-banned, when one of the mods re-read a post of mine closely, and decided than while I was skirting pretty colse to the edge, I was in the context of the discussion, even if I was using language that, in most contexts, violated the usage agreements.

The mods are fair. Take it from somebody who has run afoul of them on more than one instance. And, in my experience, they not only admit when they are wrong, they take corrective action. And no, none of them have ever met me.

If your thread got closed, or you got banned, first, take a good, long look in the mirror. The anonimity of forums give us all a lot of license. It's not absolute.

mboyle
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I'm confuzzled. Have people been whining about the mods lately? The mods have always been nice to me. Once upon a time I got a warning I think. And I practically cried. I was 12. Since then I've been nice....at least hopefully you think so.

moby
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:19 AM
What would we do without your "astute" self-important observations on tennis, forum etiquette, life and beyond etc.?

Seriously, does this really require a new thread? What happened to, you know, just replying in the relevant thread? (I assume it is: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=375444) Or are you hoping to have this made a sticky thread?

Volcana
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:37 AM
What would we do without your "astute" self-important observations on tennis, forum etiquette, life and beyond etc.?You personally? Whine because you didn't have a life. Most everybody else? They wouldn't even notice. Which should tell you something about you.

mboyle
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:54 AM
What would we do without your "astute" self-important observations on tennis, forum etiquette, life and beyond etc.?

Seriously, does this really require a new thread? What happened to, you know, just replying in the relevant thread? (I assume it is: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=375444) Or are you hoping to have this made a sticky thread?

Why are you mean to Volcana? :( You might think it is irrelevant, but Volcana's just trying to help people out. And Volcana's posts ARE astute, almost always. Just because we have anonymity doesn't mean we have to start a war over every little thing!

moby
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:23 AM
You personally? Whine because you didn't have a life. Most everybody else? They wouldn't even notice. Which should tell you something about you.That isn't even coherent with the implicit meaning of my rhetorical question. :lol: Your avoiding? ignoring? the second and more substantial half of my post tells me a lot more about you. Well, actually, nothing that I didn't already know. So scratch that.

Why are you mean to Volcana? :( You might think it is irrelevant, but Volcana's just trying to help people out. And Volcana's posts ARE astute, almost always. Just because we have anonymity doesn't mean we have to start a war over every little thing!I don't think the post, while pompous, is irrelevant. I think posting it in a new thread is unnecessary. My responding in this thread, given my opinion on starting new threads, is relevant. My starting a thread, "A Note on Starting New Threads...", in response to this thread, would have been an overkill.

drake3781
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:32 AM
In before the lock. :woohoo:

Dunlop1
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:32 AM
And Volcana's posts ARE astute, almost always. Just because we have anonymity doesn't mean we have to start a war over every little thing!

His thread about women being worth more than men certainly wasn't astute.
Also, hopefully he reads your post and notices the correct spelling of anonymity.

Dunlop1
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:33 AM

LOL

moby
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:35 AM
In before the lock. :woohoo:LOL.
His thread about women being worth more than men certainly wasn't astute.
Also, hopefully he reads your post and notices the correct spelling of anonymity.I wanted to point that out. But I decided that my days as a spelling nazi were over.

supergrunt
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:36 AM
:rolleyes:

TheFifthAvocado
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:55 AM
We get it dude, you're a TF "rebel" who "goes against the grain" of ordinary posting and thread starting.

Can we gather all of Volcana's threads and throw them into their own "zany" subforum?

Volcana
Apr 6th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Can we gather all of Volcana's threads and throw them into their own "zany" subforum?Wait a minute. Having made a fair amount of guacamole, why do I even need five avocados? At that point, I'm hiring a caterer.

Zamboni
Apr 6th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Move, you mean.

Volcana
Apr 6th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Fair enough, IMHO.