PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

Lawn Tennis
Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
ive been a 'lurker' for a few weeks and decided to join. there seems to be some avid tennis fans here; 4000+ posts is incredible... 20,000 unbelieveable! im certain i can learn a lot from this group. ive actually only been watching tennis for about 3 months. ive been playing for about two months and wish i wouldve started 20 years ago. so how about some of you people?

Noctis
Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Umm Hi and welcome I Play tennis for fun :lol: I Cant serve from the back of the court :tape:

Tennisballova
Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:30 PM
Hi there :wavey:. Well I don't play tennis :o but I just think it's the greatest sport in the world so I try to follow it as much as possible.

The Witch-king
Apr 4th, 2009, 04:10 PM
hey.... welcome.

talking of serving, sometimes I can do it, sometimes I can't and I have no idea why.

vadin124
Apr 4th, 2009, 04:56 PM
welcome

i cannot serve to save my life...i literally just toss the ball up, and hit it with an overarm shot...ZERO technique whatsoever...shame because my groundstrokes, volleys etc. are quite good!

i play with a partner regularly, and when we're just rallying i do quite well, yet when we play sets i always lose 6-1 or 6-0...i've only ever taken a set off him once (a 7-5 one)...he has a great serve, and i don't...so yea

Lawn Tennis
Apr 4th, 2009, 05:10 PM
thanks for the warm welcomes :)

Vanity Bonfire
Apr 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Hi hon! I used to play quite a lot but now I don't so much. I should take it up again, but I can just never find the time.

matthias
Apr 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
welcome!

i play since nearly 10 years, and my serve is still horrible, so no need to worry about your serve :)

Barrie_Dude
Apr 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome

Lawn Tennis
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Hi hon! I used to play quite a lot but now I don't so much. I should take it up again, but I can just never find the time.

that's what everyone tells me. i have a difficult time getting people together for tennis. now get out there ;)

welcome!

i play since nearly 10 years, and my serve is still horrible, so no need to worry about your serve :)

i highly doubt it's as bad as you say.

________

again everyone, thanks for the welcome!

KanSuke
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:11 AM
I play for 2 years, and I'm in my high school's tennis team :D

I've followed tennis for two years too

Welcome to join here :inlove:

Ciarán
Apr 10th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Hi and welcome :wavey:
I played for 4hrs yesterday and am practically dead today :tears: