PDA

View Full Version : I had a chat with Kristina Grigorian...

tenn_ace
Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:43 PM
What an absolutely awsome girl! she is very outgoing and her English is just great!!!

I saw her speaking to Anna Bastrikova just before they were suppposed to hit a ball, when Anna ran to buy some water. We really didn't talk about anything special (a draw, about that it's her first time here, etc), but I asked her about Vera Douchevina and she said what TBE posted in another thread. (she said I'm sure because I practice at the same club in Mocsow).

I asked her at the end: " Russian girls rock, right?" and she really liked it ;)

Good luck to Kristina!

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:46 PM
if only her talent matched her good looks ;)

Have you finished with the US Open for this yr ???

tenn_ace
Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:50 PM
yeah, back to work :sad:

I wish I could stay a little longer to see some juniors (as I was supposed to, :mad: @ rain)

tenn_ace
Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by TheBoiledEgg
if only her talent matched her good looks ;)

I watched them for a while a little later, and I actually like the way she hits the ball. It has lots of topspin... I think (I'm not sure) her problem is inability to do on the run... when she has time to set up a shot she is very good

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:57 PM
in matches you don't get time and you have to move fast, thats what she has to learn.

but she's still 16 and could well get alot better in the near future.

the cat
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:42 AM
That was anice story, tenn_ace! :D Is ther any info on her?

tenn_ace
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:10 AM
only that she practices with the same coach as Vera... and that she lost in the first round:sad:

the cat
Sep 5th, 2002, 04:25 AM
That's too bad about Kristina losing in the first round. But I'm glad you like Kristina!

Is Grigorian her last name? Or is that her father's name (Grigori)which she uses as a middle name?

tenn_ace
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:31 PM
that's her last name and it's probably Armenian

Nina_rus
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:59 PM
yeah, it's Armenian. There is another junior tennis player with the same last name ; her name is Karina Grigorian (I'm not sure wheather she still plays tournaments but she used to be pretty good) and many people got mixed up. It's not a very popular name in Russia btw

the cat
Sep 17th, 2002, 09:51 PM
A nice photo of Kristina is available at http://qfoto.tripod.com/qfotohtm/gri2458q.htm