PDA

View Full Version : Please don't delete the Lisa Raymond subforum

iGOAT
Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
She is still one of the best doubles players, and as you can see in the deletion thread, there is a lot of people who want it to stay. Frankly, I think Jackson is the only one that should go from USA, but definitely not Raymond :sad:

hellas719
Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Actually, I think that Jackson's and Rubin's should go. And Shaughnessy's to a lesser extent. Lisa's career is almost over, and I think that we should be given the opportunity to enjoy it in a forum. We (well, at least I) promise to keep it active. Then, when Lisa retires, her forum can be deleted if you want or it can go to BOTP:shrug:

iGOAT
Apr 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
^I agree with Jackson. Rubin and Shaughnessy should stay IMO, but since they're both MIA maybe not, but Lisa should totally stay :sad:

Dave.
Apr 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
It needs to stay!

iPatty
Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
The only thread in her forum that is a regularly-updated thread is her cheering thread which, obviously, would work just fine in the general USA forum. No need for her to have a forum with only one active thread in it.

hellas719
Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:41 AM
A lot of people like reading her blog:shrug:
That thread has been becoming popular lately;)

new-york
Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:42 AM
The only thread in her forum that is a regularly-updated thread is her cheering thread which, obviously, would work just fine in the general USA forum. No need for her to have a forum with only one active thread in it.

that's the point.

as much as Lisa herself is accomplished, her forum really hasn't got enough action to remain open.

don't see this as a downgrade but we've got to be practical with these players' forums and the space they take.

if Lisa Raymond becomes a relatively hot topic again, i'm sure nobody would be against re-opening a forum for her.

as for now, it's among the least active forums of the board, so it has to go.

iGOAT
Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
that's the point.

as much as Lisa herself is accomplished, her forum really hasn't got enough action to remain open.

don't see this as a downgrade but we've got to be practical with these players' forums and the space they take.

if Lisa Raymond becomes a relatively hot topic again, i'm sure nobody would be against re-opening a forum for her.

as for now, it's among the least active forums of the board, so it has to go.
Nobody would be against re-opening it, but look how many months and years of support that would take :help:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:16 AM
^I agree with Jackson. Rubin and Shaughnessy should stay IMO, but since they're both MIA maybe not, but Lisa should totally stay :sad:

MEG returns to the courts on May 11th :bounce:. I say keep Lisa for a bit longer. In the mean time, all her fans need to flood her thread with posts in support of Lisa if they want the thread to stay :lol::angel::p

ArturoAce.
Apr 3rd, 2009, 04:58 AM
lisa is on the verge of making it back on to the lime light with this weeks results. and i predict a big granslam scene for her and pesh.
please just keep it up.

i think jackson, shaughnessy, rubin have to go though. :sad:

hellas719
Apr 4th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Please Please Please keep it!

iPatty
Apr 4th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I don't understand the logic of some people. :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Lisas thread is hopping again. ;)

Srodgers
Apr 10th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I think the # 3 doubles player in the world should have a forum

Ciarán
Apr 10th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Anyone not playing = move them.

ArturoAce.
Apr 10th, 2009, 07:12 AM
but she is playing:confused:

Zamboni
Apr 10th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Several members of the staff have explained why her forum was removed, in here as well as in her forum (before we removed it). There simply wasn't enough activity.
Nothing stops anyone who wants to support her from doing so in the Team USA main forum though.