PDA

View Full Version : Kim's schedule after US Open

Kim_for_number_1
Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:06 PM
I know she's playing the championships and japan, but what else? Is she playing next week?

Bigkimfan
Sep 3rd, 2002, 03:12 PM
Can only the top 10 participate at the championships???

:bounce: :bounce: C'mon Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

angele87
Sep 3rd, 2002, 03:24 PM
If I remember correctly last year she went down to Oz with Lleyton after the US Open so I imagine she'll be doing the same thing this year! They're throwing a big parade for Lleyton in Adelaide for his Wimbledon title so I imagine she'll want to be there for that.

Of course I'm assuming all of this and you know what they say when you assume things :o Ingrid might know when she's playing though :)

arn
Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:45 PM
Sept 16; Tokyo (tier II)
Sept 23; Leipzig (tier II)
Oct 7; Filderstadt (tier II)
Oct 14; Zurich (tier I)

The best 15 players and one wildcard will play the championships.

Katrien
Sep 4th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Tokyo, Leipzig, Linz, Filderstadt, Zürich, Luxemburg, Masters LA.
(GVA 04.09.2002)

Bigkimfan
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:08 AM
In a Belgian newspaper she said that she is first going to Australia!!!

:bounce: :bounce: Good luck Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

arn
Sep 4th, 2002, 10:27 AM
She said she will play Linz OR Luxembourg.

And after Leibzig she will take another scan

KaseyL
Sep 4th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Lleyton will play Davis Cup in Adelaide this month, so that's where they are heading after the US Open. There is also a parade for Lleyton planned by the city of Adelaide then.

It's not sure yet if Kim will play Luxembourg again, it might be Linz instead.

So schedule should be, according to Kim:

spare time in Adelaide
then

Tokyo

Leipzig

then a
medical check

Filderstadt

Zurich

Linz or Luxembourg

Masters in LA

Lleykimmy1
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Is Kim going to Australia before playing her next tournament ???

Is she going to have some rest there, or is she going to return to Belgium with her family?

Still another question, do somebody have a pic of Elke and Kirsten when they won their double final match ??

I think it's really sweet how Kim gets nervous when Lleyton is playing, she is such a good support for him ....

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Primula
Sep 9th, 2002, 08:28 AM
I think Kim is going to Australia, because leyton has to go back home; because 20-21-22 september he has to play with the Daviscup-tea, so he has to prepare himself.And I think she will join him, before she's going to play the next tournament.

Greetz Primula !!:kiss:

And Good luck to Kimmie and Leyton !!:bounce: :bounce:

Sep 9th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Does anyone know if Kim is actually going to the Davis Cup? I hope to see her there ::)

Bigkimfan
Sep 9th, 2002, 03:36 PM
I think so, because last year she also went to the davis cup!!!

:bounce: :bounce: C'mon Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Peridotpixie
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Kim is playing a tournament in Tokyo September 16th, so...probably not.

KaseyL
Sep 9th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Hi Lleykimmy1,

I can't PM you, therefore have to post this message here:

I've moved your thread re Kim's schedule after the us open to this (older) thread. Only reason is that both threads were about the same topic.

You asked about a pic of Elke winning the doubles in juniors. I've posted the trophy pic in the Elke thread.

Your mod,
Ingrid

KaseyL
Sep 9th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Peridotpixie
Kim is playing a tournament in Tokyo September 16th, so...probably not.

indeed, she can't be at two places at the same time! but she'd stay in Australia 'til she has to head for Japan (just like she did last year).

Sep 9th, 2002, 10:55 PM
The Davis Cup tie is 20th-22nd, so I doubt that she's going...and Lleyton is going to play Davis Cup, but according to him, the reasson he's going straight back to Adelaide is to motivate the Crows! LMAO

angele87
Sep 10th, 2002, 12:16 AM
I hope Kim is there for the parade :D hint to parade organizers: make it soon :p

Sep 11th, 2002, 03:15 AM
That's if they still have the parade. I think when it was originally being organised, they were expecting Lleyton to go back home after Wimbledon, but he went to Belgium with Kim

Bigkimfan
Sep 12th, 2002, 05:43 PM
I hope Kim's draw is gonna be good, because she really needs the points!!!

:bounce: :bounce: Good luck Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

spiritfullfrog
Sep 13th, 2002, 08:17 AM
it said on the news in sydney that lleyton AND kim will be at the crows match which is some time tonight or over the weekend so i am taking it that lleyton and kim are both already at adelaide!

Sep 13th, 2002, 09:56 AM
I know that Lleyton is already in Adelaide. I'm not sure if Kim is with him, but I know that the stuff about attending the Crows match on the weekend is bullshit because last night Lleyton said he has to stay in Adelaide to train for the Davis Cup tie (see Footy Show interview)...but he did say that if the Crows make it to the grand final he will be going

KaseyL
Sep 13th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by untitled2284
I know that Lleyton is already in Adelaide. I'm not sure if Kim is with him, but I know that the stuff about attending the Crows match on the weekend is bullshit because last night Lleyton said he has to stay in Adelaide to train for the Davis Cup tie (see Footy Show interview)...but he did say that if the Crows make it to the grand final he will be going

thanks for the info, untitled2284!

Both Kim and Lleyton are home in Adelaide. They came back from the US together.

Verve
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:59 PM
So she's playing 5 tournaments + the LA Masters in the fall!?!

That's a hell of a lot! (last year she only played 3 tournies besides the Masters, but by the same time last year she had played more tournies than now, so it's kinda logical)

I hope she can indeed do well, because she really needs the points... If she doesn't gain at least 600 points in these 6 tournies (that means about 100 points per tournament), she's probably gonna drop out of the top-10!

So let's cheer for Kim and hope she can defend her titles in Leipzig and Luxemburg! (and maybe win another one;))

GO KIM!!!:D

KaseyL
Sep 15th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Think it will be anything but easy. Serena has entered each and every tournament Kim is going to play, I think...

Only Luxembourg seems to be the exception. Kim has committed to play there, and Elke and Lleyton's sis Jaslyn will play there too btw.