PDA

View Full Version : Waffles and Chocolate: The Greek Goddess Is In Belgium (Torhout and Tessenderlo)

hellas719
Mar 30th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Eleni is playing qualies at the 100K+H tournament in Torhout, Belgium. One of her fans here, Dorien. will be going to that tournament:bounce:
The following week, Eleni will play the 25K in Tessendelo, also in Belgium, where Eleni is in qualies at the moment.

Pame Lena!!!!!!!:bounce:

Dorien.
Mar 31st, 2009, 05:18 PM
I hope she is doing it well. Because the first qualyday i'm not going to be there the whole day :p

merda2004
Apr 2nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
oh dear so u may miss her right?damn!!!
if u see her tell her something on my behalf will u?"tell her chris said to suck her coach"!!!thank you

Bероника
Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
:lol: loving the title of the thread,Hellas (maybe because I so love waffles and chocolate :drool: ).

This time I'm only hoping she's able to win some games :tape:

Go Greek Goddess!!!! :D

hellas719
Apr 2nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Yes. Whenever I go out to breakfast in Greece, I ALWAYS get Belgian waffles:drool:
I love chocolate too:hearts:

But the best is chocolate and vanilla ice cream on Belgian waffles:hearts:

hellas719
Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:05 AM
Eleni got bumped up into the MD in Tessenderlo:cool:

Bероника
Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
QD in Torhout

(9)Veronika Chvojkova (CZE) v Sabine Klaschka (GER)
Claudine Schaul (LUX) v (wc)Elyne Boeykens (BEL)

Laura-Ioana Andrei (ROU) v (wc)Gally De Wael (BEL)
(7)Ana Savic (CRO) v Tadeja Majeric (SLO)

(2)Lina Stanciute (LTU) v Jasmina Tinjic (CRO)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v (alt)Aleksandra Grela (POL)

(wc)Caroline Maes (BEL) v (wc)An-Sophie Mestach (BEL)
(5)Youlia Fedossova (FRA) v Debbrich Feys (BEL)

(3)Stephanie Gehrlein (GER) v Pauline Wong (NED)
Darija Jurak (CRO) v Anna Smith (GBR)

(wc)Sofie Oyen (BEL) v Emma Laine (FIN)
(8)Irena Pavlovic (FRA) v Vanessa Henke (GER)

(4)Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) v Justine Ozga (GER)
Virginie Pichet (FRA) v Magdalena Kiszczynska (POL)

(wc)Ineke Mergaert (BEL) v Stefania Boffa (SUI)
(6)Michaela Pastikova (CZE) v Claire Feuerstein (FRA)

hellas719
Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Go Eleni!:bounce:
Beat Stancuite aka the Greek slayer once and for all:rocker2:

Bероника
Apr 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Eleni :bounce:

Daniilidou def. Grela 6-2 7-6(3)

hellas719
Apr 4th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Eleni:woohoo:
Keep it up:banana:

Bette_Midler
Apr 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM
:D
:bounce:

forever_rafter
Apr 4th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Well done Eleni, I'm such a bad patriot when Eleni is concerned :lol: I prefer Dutch waffles with syrup :)

Bероника
Apr 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Eleni has won her second match too :D Great fight!!!

1-6 7-6 6-4

Bероника
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Stefi62 wrote this report about the match in the tournament thread:

Hi guys,

I've spent the week end in Torhout, saw some interesting matches.
Especially Eleni vs Lina today. Very good match. Eleni played poorly in first set, especially the backhand, and Lina was playing very wise. Then second set, Lina led up to 4-0, then suddenly, Eleni started to play as she should have played from the beginning, and with her beautiful backhand shots back. She came back to 6-6. I don't remember when exactly, but Lina had a matchpoint in second set, and served double fault. Then Eleni won the tie break and thus second set.
Third set, Lina led 1-0, then had two 2-0 points, and once again missed the opportunity, and eleni came back 1-1, and like this till 4-4 Eleni serving. She won, but after severl deuces, yelled like crazy when she finally scored it. She put pressure on Lina on her serve, and it worked. Congrats to Eleni, but phew!!! That was close.

hellas719
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:13 AM
QR3 vs. (5)Fedossova;)
Pame!!!!!

merda2004
Apr 6th, 2009, 10:56 AM
pameeeee

Bероника
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Eleni lost :sad:

Fedossova def. Daniilidou 6-3 6-2

hellas719
Apr 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Eleni:banghead::rolleyes:

hellas719
Apr 6th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Doubles R1:
Daniilidou/Woehr d. (2)Foretz/Camerin 7-5 6-3:woohoo:
QF:
Daniilidou/Woehr vs. Fedossova/Pichet
Time for revenge:devil::bounce:

hellas719
Apr 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Guys, Eleni got a LL spot and faces Georges in R1:cool:

Bероника
Apr 6th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Good :D

Win both matchs,Eleni :bounce:

merda2004
Apr 7th, 2009, 10:55 AM
so LL ha?well its better than saying goodbye.but honestly...her performance is bad!with her talent she should be making finals and not exits in qualies or first rounds in singles!

Bероника
Apr 7th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Goerges def. Daniilidou 6-2 6-4 :sad:

hellas719
Apr 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Eleni:rolleyes::o

merda2004
Apr 8th, 2009, 08:08 AM
so nothing new ha?another loss!!!!!i bet eleni must be so happy for her team!!!everything is working according to plan!!!right eleni?well nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. stay with jaz stay with the same team and even juniors will beat u!!!!

hellas719
Apr 8th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Eleni/Woehr d. Fedossova/Pichet 64 62:D
Sweet revenge:devil::drool:
SF vs. (3)Krajicek/Wickmayer:scared:

merda2004
Apr 9th, 2009, 04:33 AM
lets see.....

Bероника
Apr 9th, 2009, 06:39 PM
they lost in SF:

Doubles SF: Krajicek/Wickmayer[3] def. Daniilidou/Woehr 4-6/7-6(2)/10-8

hellas719
Apr 10th, 2009, 03:46 AM
So close:(
Eleni/Jaz:hug:

Dorien.
Apr 11th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hmm i don't know where i have to start or how i have to say the things on the right way. I've been the whole week in Torhout and have seen all the matches of Eleni and Jaz. When i came back here then and opened this topic, my idea about what here is posting is :rolleyes: :help:

Why are you judging about players if you doesn't even have seen the match or know the player in 'real'. Eleni hasn't the same level like before her injury but she looks a lot fitter than at us open last year. She showed us that she can still fight. In her first matches she made always a nice comeback. She played some really good tennis but she cannot still hold the level. Fedessova played a great tournament. Her serve was just too good and Eleni was making to many faults. (Fedessova reached the quarterfinal, beating Camerin and playing a good match against Sprem.) Georges is just a level too high for the moment for Eleni. Great baseline play and a hard and good serve.
Eleni just needs time to improve and to find her best game back. I think that she is at a point her career that everyting is going slower and takes more time. She isn't a 15 year old girl anymore.
Eleni and Jaz played great tennis together. They doublematch against Misa and Yanina was a high quality double match and really close. They had both changes to win and it was no shame for Eleni and Jaz to lose. After they lost they stayed a long time on court and you saw that they were really disapointed, it was a bit sad to see.
There was also a coach with them and a cut little dog from 7 months old :hearts:. And ooh tennis is more than only talent. If it was that easy... You just see that Eleni feels happy with Jaz and her trainer and that's the most important.
I was also asking myself or she has still some problems with her knee? Because i had the feeling when she served she doesn't 'really' jump.

I realise that a lot of people here, doesn't agree with what i write. But i'm sick to read every week again the same things about Eleni and her team. Maybe this was the last time i post in this thread but in that fact i can feel good that i have said this things.

cedric13
Apr 11th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Greetings all,

You can see pictures of Eleni at Torhout on http://www.itftennis.be
Enjoy !

http://www.itftennis.be/forumpics/dani_resize.jpg

Bероника
Apr 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
thanks a lot for your report,Dorien ;) I appreciate it a lot and to read something different and positive for once here :worship:

Hope you had a great time there :D

and as for Eleni,I hope you are right and she needs more time.Truth is it's difficult to know how she is playing from her results on a message board.this week we were even lucky to get some videos.So thanks again for your report :kiss:

hellas719
Apr 11th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the report, Dorien:yeah:
I saw the videos of Eleni, and I was somewhat impressed:cool:

Bette_Midler
Apr 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hmm i don't know where i have to start or how i have to say the things on the right way. I've been the whole week in Torhout and have seen all the matches of Eleni and Jaz. When i came back here then and opened this topic, my idea about what here is posting is :rolleyes: :help:

Why are you judging about players if you doesn't even have seen the match or know the player in 'real'. Eleni hasn't the same level like before her injury but she looks a lot fitter than at us open last year. She showed us that she can still fight. In her first matches she made always a nice comeback. She played some really good tennis but she cannot still hold the level. Fedessova played a great tournament. Her serve was just too good and Eleni was making to many faults. (Fedessova reached the quarterfinal, beating Camerin and playing a good match against Sprem.) Georges is just a level too high for the moment for Eleni. Great baseline play and a hard and good serve.
Eleni just needs time to improve and to find her best game back. I think that she is at a point her career that everyting is going slower and takes more time. She isn't a 15 year old girl anymore.
Eleni and Jaz played great tennis together. They doublematch against Misa and Yanina was a high quality double match and really close. They had both changes to win and it was no shame for Eleni and Jaz to lose. After they lost they stayed a long time on court and you saw that they were really disapointed, it was a bit sad to see.
There was also a coach with them and a cut little dog from 7 months old :hearts:. And ooh tennis is more than only talent. If it was that easy... You just see that Eleni feels happy with Jaz and her trainer and that's the most important.
I was also asking myself or she has still some problems with her knee? Because i had the feeling when she served she doesn't 'really' jump.

I realise that a lot of people here, doesn't agree with what i write. But i'm sick to read every week again the same things about Eleni and her team. Maybe this was the last time i post in this thread but in that fact i can feel good that i have said this things.

Thanks for the lovely report Dorien :D I did read in Eleni s blog that they did travel with Jazzy doggie, pug doggie? dont remember, it s a tiny doggie I think
do you have photos of the doggie ?

About the opinions, well, I think, all the members here love Eleni a lot, I think we are all pure heart Eleni s fans, and we are deeply worried about her, because our only desire is be able to see our greek goddess back in top 20

Sometimes we read here some "hard reviews" about Eleni s plain of action, but I think this is positive also, we need to be able to express the good and the bad things with an open heart but always with respect to Eleni and her near circle, because as you wrote, we have not enough knowledge about the player in first person, but of course we want to change the world with a magic wand, in special her ranking and results.

Be back from a terrible injury like Eleni s one it s so difficult, she needs to be patient, but she is a pure blood champion tennis player, and I m sure she will be back.

Vamos Eleni :bounce:
Vamos fans :wavey:

Dorien.
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
A friend of my took a picture of Eleni, Jaz and dog. I will post him, asap.

Dorien.
Apr 12th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Bad draw for Eleni in Tessenderlo. She has to play against 2nd seed Vesna Manasieva.

Good luck :rocker:

Bероника
Apr 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Good luck,Greek Goddess!!!!!! :kiss:

hellas719
Apr 12th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Go Eleni!:bounce:

Dorien.
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:19 PM
in doubles they play also against the 2nd seed, Manasieva and Foretz.

merda2004
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:28 AM

i am not going to analise what u say....but....u r forgetting something....eleni is going down!fast!!!
u r talking abour great matches etc etc...what great matches???
a great match is when u win and not when lose!even if u lose in a tie break or whatever a win is a win and a loss is a loss!even if u lose 7-6,7-6!
and eleni is losing most of the times and where????in ITF's matches!eleni should be playing in tier 1 and 2's and win!
so unless she gets back up there for me she is doing bad!very bad!and i dont have to "know" the player or "see" the match!facts speak for themselves u know!!!!!

and if u want to honour us in this thread with ur opinion its fine...if not who cares?get a hike!!!mate!!
i have said this many times and i will say it again and again....when u like someone u dont just say...oh poor u...or next time u will win!u have to be tough as well.and eleni needs a lot of that!enough with the sweet talk!and her team sucks!really sucks!look at her results with the new team!!!maybe then u will realise whos right and whos wrong!have a nice day mate!

merda2004
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
in doubles they play also against the 2nd seed, Manasieva and Foretz.

oh poor jaz and eleni they played against a good team!wake up already!!!!with anabel as her doubles partner eleni made semi finals and quarter finals in big tournaments and GS's and not first round exits in ift matches!wake up!!!u have to learn and distinguish when u like someone and support him/her and when u like someone and know how to be tough!why i even bother?i wonder!

Bероника
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:09 PM
DANIILIDOU Eleni (GRE) def. MANASIEVA Vesna (RUS) : 6-2 , 6-3 ;)

hellas719
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Eleni:woohoo::drool:
She has to do really good here to make RG qualies. She still needs like 100 more spots:scared:
So, she will lose a week due to Fed Cup, then maybe she will play something, but she really needs to do good here, as after this there will be just one tourney left until RG qualies cut-off:scared:
In the second round, Eleni will play (Q)Grela;). Grela might be looking for revenge from Torhout, but I think that Eleni will be just to good for her:)

Also, Eleni/Jaz lost to (2)Manasieva/Foretz today 4-6 6-3 4-10:sad:

Honestly, Eleni and Jaz were 5th on the EL, so it really isn't fair that 5 played 2 in R16, but oh well:shrug:
It's good that Eleni/Jaz get more practice against higher-ranked opponents.

merda2004
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:24 AM
oh dear!!!look what we end up hoping/wishing!!!RG qualies!this is sad!
i dont know but something is wrong and something is missing from elenis game!maybe a sports psychologist could be found useful since according to some people her team is great!(not to be though)!!!

Dorien.
Apr 15th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Good start of the tournament :)

Bette_Midler
Apr 15th, 2009, 05:20 PM
oh dear!!!look what we end up hoping/wishing!!!RG qualies!this is sad!
i dont know but something is wrong and something is missing from elenis game!maybe a sports psychologist could be found useful since according to some people her team is great!(not to be though)!!!

Well, I think, at this moment, that goal is nearly impossible :sad: because she did need a better result in the previous ITF (100k pass one) to adding points, but she lost so early in that ITF. I think to be honest, right now a reliable goal is trying to recover sensations, and walking step by step, trying to think, in win the next match, and not to be worried about rankings and qualy spots to GS, because that only gives to Eleni stress, and not help to much in the mental side.

I think the victory vs Manasieva, for example is very positive, in way to recover confidence and sensations and as usually says Emilio Sanchez Vicario, she needs to remember what things she does make well and put it in action on court, remember the good feelings and trying to walk with patient, step by step, then trying to find the key to win consecutive matches and the rest it s done.

Really I wish to have a magic wand and give to Lenita a WC to Madrid tourny
:p

:wavey:

merda2004
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:53 AM
if i had a magic wand i would make jaz vanish and get eleni one of the best trainers/coach on earth to train her!

hellas719
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:50 PM
^Me too. But I'm pissed that Jaz is #96 on the ugliest WTA players list:mad:.
They put Eleni at #12:rolleyes: Why is she higher than Jaz?:shrug:
That guy is bad though. I feel bad for Tatarkova for being #1. I've never heard of her though:lol:

He wrote that Jaz's last name was "whore", and they misspelled it. Then they said that this girl is no whore.
For Eleni I forgot what they said, because I was so mad.

Sick people:rolleyes:

Anyways, back to Tessenderlo/Eleni's tennis talk now.

Bette_Midler
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
:topic:

look the list ...:o:mad::fiery:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Fedor8/the_least_attractive_wta_pros

:fiery:

omg the comments are pathetic :help::tape: in special Conchita brief :sad: and Magui Serna compared with Tony Soprano :o .... poor Carla also :rolleyes:...and Momo one s ...:rolleyes:

btw...Honestly, Eleni is a beautiful woman to me she is the most beautiful, sexy and hot tennis player from wtatour. yesterday I was feeling so sad and depressed and I decided view Eleni gallery, and really cheer me up a lot :D in special the photos of Midland wow, beautiful Eleni:worship: I did feel really envy of "caramel" sometimes hahahaha :lol:

The people that not find Eleni beautiful, need to go to ophthalmologist urgently :o

Vamos Eleni Guapa :bounce::wavey::kiss:

Dorien.
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
if i had a magic wand i would make jaz vanish and get eleni one of the best trainers/coach on earth to train her!

I don't know who the guy is but there was a coach with them in Torhout ;)

Bette_Midler
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:05 PM
In Eleni s gallery you can find photos of the coach (sorry I dont remember his name now )

Edit: I just searched

his name is Kai

Dorien.
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
She won her second round against Grela 6-3 6-3.
Now she plays again against Yulia Fedessova, hopefully she can take revenge for next week.

Good luck Eleni :rocker:

Bероника
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Go Eleni!!!!! :bounce:

Revenge is sweet,remember that ;)

hellas719
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
2-0 vs. Grela now in last 2 tourneys:D

Don't let Fedossova do the same to you now, Eleni;)
PAME!:bounce:

OT: Guys, don't start a new thread for Eleni in FC next week. Just use the current "Greek Fed Cup Team" thread;)

merda2004
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM
:topic:

look the list ...:o:mad::fiery:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Fedor8/the_least_attractive_wta_pros

:fiery:

omg the comments are pathetic :help::tape: in special Conchita brief :sad: and Magui Serna compared with Tony Soprano :o .... poor Carla also :rolleyes:...and Momo one s ...:rolleyes:

btw...Honestly, Eleni is a beautiful woman to me she is the most beautiful, sexy and hot tennis player from wtatour. yesterday I was feeling so sad and depressed and I decided view Eleni gallery, and really cheer me up a lot :D in special the photos of Midland wow, beautiful Eleni:worship: I did feel really envy of "caramel" sometimes hahahaha :lol:

The people that not find Eleni beautiful, need to go to ophthalmologist urgently :o

Vamos Eleni Guapa :bounce::wavey::kiss:

oh come on now darling....dont be that upset!just think that this fella probably is worse than the pics and comments he posted!
and he picked pics that are not flattering.for example eleni has some pics that need to be destroyed but she has other pics that she looks hot!u shouldnt even bother with what he is saying and concentrate to elenis game!ok?do u get me?lol
vamos akgul!:angel::hearts:

Dorien.
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:17 PM
She lost against Fedessova with 6-4 and 6-2. :sad:

hellas719
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Eleni:sad::sad::sad:

merda2004
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I don't know who the guy is but there was a coach with them in Torhout ;)

thats what i meant dorien!!!if i had a wand i would have given her a better coach!obviously the one she has now is not doing any good to her!

so eleni lost again to fedessova!well if she cant get passed fedessova...how on earth is she gonna win better players?
and one more thing....i saw the pics that some people posted and saw no supporting kind of bandage around her knee....so...dont wanna hear about her knee or anything else about her injury!if she still had problems with it then do something about it and support it!i am really upset that she cant win and reach finals!!!!!!!!

hellas719
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:41 PM
thats what i meant dorien!!!if i had a wand i would have given her a better coach!obviously the one she has now is not doing any good to her!

so eleni lost again to fedessova!well if she cant get passed fedessova...how on earth is she gonna win better players?
and one more thing....i saw the pics that some people posted and saw no supporting kind of bandage around her knee....so...dont wanna hear about her knee or anything else about her injury!if she still had problems with it then do something about it and support it!i am really upset that she cant win and reach finals!!!!!!!!

At least Eleni isn't losing every match 6-0 6-0 like in the Fall:shrug:
And at least Irini Georgatou won today:D

merda2004
Apr 18th, 2009, 02:49 PM
the thing is to win!period!!!not if eleni loses 7-6, 7-6 or 6-0 6-0!

hellas719
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Or 76 67 76:p

Btw, I had Belgian waffles this morning at a diner after chruch:lol:

forever_rafter
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Eleni is the most gorgeous female tennis player ever. Everybody who saw her up close must know it. I mean, look at that beautiful face (like taken from Michael Angelo's scalpture) : big, deep, dark chocolate coloured eyes with long eyelashes which have such depth in them that you could drown in them if you stared too long, I find them totally hipnotazing :) Gorgeous lips and this heart-warming smile that creates dimples in her cheeks. Blows me away every time I see her :drool:

merda2004
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:27 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek: ha?are we talking about elenis crap game or about her looks?ok she has the looks....so?this is not what will make her play better!

forever_rafter
Apr 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek: ha?are we talking about elenis crap game or about her looks?ok she has the looks....so?this is not what will make her play better!

I was reffering to post from the previous page, calm down Christos :)

merda2004
Apr 20th, 2009, 07:30 PM
i am!!!