PDA

View Full Version : Waking up in the middle of a dream

Langers
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Don't you absolutely hate it when you're having an awesome dream about whatever and you suddenly wake up? :(

My alarm woke me up today when I was having a great dream and the end was near. You either have to get up for work/study ect or you try and go back and continue the dream but it's gone. :mad:

bad_angel_109
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:30 AM
lol, i hate when that happens too. and u can NEVER get bak to sleep coz ur thinking too much about having the dream again.
btw, wat was ur "great dream" about? :p

Lin Lin
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:31 AM
:lol:

what is your awesome dream about?:hehehe:

Pasta-Na
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:31 AM
:secret:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 30th, 2009, 11:44 AM
That's the worst! Happens to me all the time.

Andy.
Mar 30th, 2009, 11:47 AM
What I hate is when your having a bad dream and you wake up from it as soon as you go back to sleep it just seems to continue. On the otherhad if your having a good dream and you wake up from it you can never seem to get back there.

MaBaker
Mar 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
^So true :sobbing:

V-MAC
Mar 30th, 2009, 01:14 PM
What I hate is when your having a bad dream and you wake up from it as soon as you go back to sleep it just seems to continue. On the otherhad if your having a good dream and you wake up from it you can never seem to get back there.

Yeah that is annoying. When this is likely to happen, you have to try and at least stay awake for 5-10 minutes after you wake up before drifting back off to sleep again to give it time to leave your head so to speak.

MJ.Hart
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:00 PM
One time i kept having this reocurring dream and it was scary as hell. What it was, was i kept awaking and thinking that someone was on my chest, you know sitting oon top of me and when i asked a friend she said this was common with being attacked by a witch or someone putting a spell on you, it totally freaked me out. So i began searching online and came across this site, can't say it helped me much but some of it was interesting http://www.dreamsleep.net/

Langers
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
lol, i hate when that happens too. and u can NEVER get bak to sleep coz ur thinking too much about having the dream again.
btw, wat was ur "great dream" about? :p

:lol:

what is your awesome dream about?:hehehe:
Ok well it'll sound kinda weird, as all dreams are I guess. :p

I can remember it pretty clearly actually. I was continuously hopping on this lift and each stop I would end up at a destination that wasn’t where I wanted to end up. So I would get to the next stop and ask people what level I was on as I needed to get to a certain level. I arrive at this level and ask what’s the next stop and they give me an answer. Good I reply, they ask why. I then say I’m about to meet my dream girl. “Dream" girl, fancy that. :lol:

As you can see very corny but hey, what do you expect from a dream? :p In keeping with this thread though, sometimes on very, very rare occasions you can be having a really awesome dream and even if you wake up, get a drink or whatever you can sometimes go back to it. If only that happened today, I would’ve liked to see the conclusion!

eck
Mar 30th, 2009, 03:15 PM
The thing I hate the most is that most dreams occur when you're about to wake up, meaning the chances of waking up from a dream, and then trying to "claim" back the dream (a good one, like someone else said) is low.

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 30th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Why not conduct a study about 'dream' then?:p

Dandy_Warhol
Mar 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM

so true

~Eclipsed~
Mar 30th, 2009, 04:43 PM

That always happens to me, grr!!! Lately, I have dreams where either someone is trying to kill me or I'm trying to figure out the solution to something complex. I wake up several times from these dreams, go back to sleep, and the dreams continue.

On the flip side, whenever I have a dream about having sex or something, I wake up and the dream doesn't continue when I go back to sleep. :(

Mateo Mathieu
Mar 31st, 2009, 01:07 AM
Why do every time I wake up when I was about to die in a dream? :( I want to see how I die! :lol:

saul1333
Mar 31st, 2009, 03:26 AM
:lol: i hate it.

sometimes if you think really hard about what you were dreaming and go back to sleep you will pick up where you left off.

i thought i was special b/c i could do it but someone told me "it aint s*it" :sad:

Bayo
Mar 31st, 2009, 03:50 AM
My dreams always suck.

I once dreamed I was stuck inside of a hollow log. For the entire night. There was no other action; just me laying there thinking, "How the eff did I get stuck inside of a hollow log?". I finally woke up, even got up and had a glass of water. Layed back down and sonofbitch if I didn't go back to that same lame ass dream.

comfortably.numb
Mar 31st, 2009, 04:02 AM
When I was young, I was really good at restarting good dreams once I've woken up. I've lost that ability as I've gotten older and it sucks. I guess it has something to do with me being far less imaginative than I was when I was a child.

2Black
Mar 31st, 2009, 07:58 PM
Yea, this happens to most people. there was one time I had my worse nightmare & when I woke up & realized it was a dream, I jumped up & yelled "Thank you God that was a dream" lol

Blue Ray had nuthin on that dream ... it seemed so crystal clear & real

The Dawntreader
Mar 31st, 2009, 08:46 PM
It's terribly depressing to me when you wake up and realise that a truly beautiful dream wasn't true at all. That's probably the saddest part of sleep.

Of course, most of the time i'm thankful that my dreams aren't real:lol:

mirzalover
Mar 31st, 2009, 09:13 PM
I hate when its one of those dreams where its SUPER realistic. You wake up and go do all your daily task but something great happens to you, like that girl/guy you think is perfect is about to kiss you whatever then you wake up before you get to fully enjoy it...:sad: I had this HUGE crush on this girl and right before she kissed I woke up. I was soo pissed :lol:

I've noticed in dreams where you get something you want really really bad, right before you have it in your hands it seems like you wake up. Like there was this tennis game I wanted for ps2, my parents bought it for me, I put the game in the Ps2 and I woke up. SUCKED!

bad_angel_109
Apr 1st, 2009, 05:21 AM
Ok well it'll sound kinda weird, as all dreams are I guess. :p

I can remember it pretty clearly actually. I was continuously hopping on this lift and each stop I would end up at a destination that wasn’t where I wanted to end up. So I would get to the next stop and ask people what level I was on as I needed to get to a certain level. I arrive at this level and ask what’s the next stop and they give me an answer. Good I reply, they ask why. I then say I’m about to meet my dream girl. “Dream" girl, fancy that. :lol:

As you can see very corny but hey, what do you expect from a dream? :p In keeping with this thread though, sometimes on very, very rare occasions you can be having a really awesome dream and even if you wake up, get a drink or whatever you can sometimes go back to it. If only that happened today, I would’ve liked to see the conclusion!u were right, that was a weird dream :lol:

Привет
Apr 1st, 2009, 07:09 AM
I hate when its one of those dreams where its SUPER realistic. You wake up and go do all your daily task but something great happens to you, like that girl/guy you think is perfect is about to kiss you whatever then you wake up before you get to fully enjoy it...:sad: I had this HUGE crush on this girl and right before she kissed I woke up. I was soo pissed :lol:

I've noticed in dreams where you get something you want really really bad, right before you have it in your hands it seems like you wake up. Like there was this tennis game I wanted for ps2, my parents bought it for me, I put the game in the Ps2 and I woke up. SUCKED!

Hey this happens to me too! Although I can't remember any of the things it was that I wanted... :(

nevetssllim
Apr 1st, 2009, 01:47 PM
I had a dream someone threw a bowl of muesli at me last night :lol:

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:24 AM
I had a dream someone threw a bowl of muesli at me last night :lol:
That's fascinating! :lol:

cometz9
Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:37 AM
When I was young, I was really good at restarting good dreams once I've woken up. I've lost that ability as I've gotten older and it sucks. I guess it has something to do with me being far less imaginative than I was when I was a child.

I've experience the opposite effects now that i'm getting older.