PDA

View Full Version : "The Best Golfer's Black, the Best Rapper's White, and the Tallest ....

Volcana
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:36 AM
... Basketball Player is Chinese" - Charles Barkley

And he said that two years ago.

Before the president of the USA was Black, before we had the second consecutive female secretary of state, before the world economy collapsed to the point that if we don't all pull together, our collective asses WILL fall apart.

We interrupt this program to bring you the following bulletin.

No shit.
Serious and sober question. How bad does it have to get before the people with long-range communcation realize we're in 'Gimme Shelter' moment?Oh, a storm is threatenin', my very life today. If I dont get some shelter, ooh yeah, Im gonna fade away.

War, children, its just a shot away. its just a shot away
War, children, its just a shot away, its just a shot away
I accept that some people don't believe that mankind has a perceive-able affect on climate change.
I accept that some people don't believe that overuse of antibiotics leads to super-bacteria.
I accept that some people don't believe that don't even believe in evolution.

Let's take a more esoteric question.

YO! Homey! Do you believe you can die?
Do you REALLY believe you can die?

Do you eat, drink smoke poisons? Antagonize others to the point that their only self-defense is all out offense? Ignore every warning sign of our poisoned world from whales and dolphins beaching themselve to asthma rates reaching epedemic proportions? Let other kill, rape, torture in your name, then wonder why you're the target of the counter-strike?

I have a child. I do NOT want to live in the 'end times'. But how many times do people have to be hit over the head til the damn headache gets their attention? We need not agree on the solutions. But if we don't agree there IS a problem, there isn't going to be a solution.
We now return to our regularly scheduled program

comfortably.numb
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:39 AM

What? :unsure:

Volcana
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:42 AM

What? :unsure:The scary part is that, THAT qualifies as an intelligent response. We are so close to totally screwed we're arguing about the flavor.

comfortably.numb
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:49 AM
OK, I re-read it and what I initially dismissed as incoherent rambling is actually great dialogue on issues that threaten the stability of societal structures and the existence of mankind. But still I ask: what is your point? A discussion? Or just fearful understanding?

~Cherry*Blossom~
Mar 30th, 2009, 02:52 AM
"The best rapper is white"

Please don't tell me he is referring to Eminem! If he is then he deserves a slap!

Ellen Dawson
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:55 AM
... Basketball Player is Chinese" - Charles Barkley

And he said that two years ago.

Before the president of the USA was Black, before we had the second consecutive female secretary of state, before the world economy collapsed to the point that if we don't all pull together, our collective asses WILL fall apart.

We interrupt this program to bring you the following bulletin.

No shit.
Serious and sober question. How bad does it have to get before the people with long-range communcation realize we're in 'Gimme Shelter' moment?Oh, a storm is threatenin', my very life today. If I dont get some shelter, ooh yeah, Im gonna fade away.

War, children, its just a shot away. its just a shot away
War, children, its just a shot away, its just a shot away
I accept that some people don't believe that mankind has a perceive-able affect on climate change.
I accept that some people don't believe that overuse of antibiotics leads to super-bacteria.
I accept that some people don't believe that don't even believe in evolution.

Let's take a more esoteric question.

YO! Homey! Do you believe you can die?
Do you REALLY believe you can die?

Do you eat, drink smoke poisons? Antagonize others to the point that their only self-defense is all out offense? Ignore every warning sign of our poisoned world from whales and dolphins beaching themselve to asthma rates reaching epedemic proportions? Let other kill, rape, torture in your name, then wonder why you're the target of the counter-strike?

I have a child. I do NOT want to live in the 'end times'. But how many times do people have to be hit over the head til the damn headache gets their attention? We need not agree on the solutions. But if we don't agree there IS a problem, there isn't going to be a solution.
We now return to our regularly scheduled program

(exhale) Dude, that's some good shit. :cool:

Volcana
Mar 31st, 2009, 10:52 PM
OK, I re-read it and what I initially dismissed as incoherent rambling is actually great dialogue on issues that threaten the stability of societal structures and the existence of mankind.Not mutually exclusive.