PDA

View Full Version : Fire Island in the Summer

Philbo
Mar 27th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Is Fire Island in the summer fun?

Ive tried googling whether anything fun is going on there around late August, early september..

Any gay posters here that frequent Fire Island in the summer?

Hurley
Mar 27th, 2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.missfireisland.com/common/11047/?clientID=11047

Miss Fire Island was always the place to be, allegedly. Now that I'm old enough to go, I don't live there anymore, so I don't know if that's still the case, although the Grove has always been Gay Central.

Boy, you're planning a trip, aren't you? ;)

Philbo
Mar 27th, 2009, 04:39 PM
http://www.missfireisland.com/common/11047/?clientID=11047

Miss Fire Island was always the place to be, allegedly. Now that I'm old enough to go, I don't live there anymore, so I don't know if that's still the case, although the Grove has always been Gay Central.

Boy, you're planning a trip, aren't you? ;)

In all honesty I just planned a long weekend there so I could tick the US Open off my list and say ive been to all 4 slams.. Then my mate who lives in NY mentioned i should stay til the weekend after and we go to Fire Island together... But Im not sure if I want to so just trying to suss out the sitch.

Drake1980
Mar 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM
gay gay gay! :p :dance:

Talula
Mar 27th, 2009, 07:30 PM
In all honesty I just planned a long weekend there so I could tick the US Open off my list and say ive been to all 4 slams.. Then my mate who lives in NY mentioned i should stay til the weekend after and we go to Fire Island together... But Im not sure if I want to so just trying to suss out the sitch.

Are you nuts? You know about Fire Island, have a pal in NYC, and come on HERE for advice? Attention seeker or what?!

Fire Island is not commutable from NYC, and not the place to stay if you want to go to the US Open! That was the restrained answer!

WowWow
Mar 29th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Cherry Grove is great...don't go to other parts, it's utterly boring!
It's a rather small place though.

Philbo
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Are you nuts? You know about Fire Island, have a pal in NYC, and come on HERE for advice? Attention seeker or what?!

Fire Island is not commutable from NYC, and not the place to stay if you want to go to the US Open! That was the restrained answer!

Well my pal's advice is all a bit biased as he wants me to come stay etc so I was posting here to get some more 'objective' thoughts!

Ellen Dawson
Mar 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Well my pal's advice is all a bit biased as he wants me to come stay etc so I was posting here to get some more 'objective' thoughts!

Only lengthy stay was a sharehouse experience back in '02 and we had a blast - get the book Sharehouse Confidential if you're interested. You said you wanted "objective thoughts", well, I'll say this, Fire Island isn't completely gay (where we were Kismet was lesbian and straight). However, if you're a gay guy who's not into "the scene", then Fire Island isn't for you because The Pines and Cherry grove are VERY gay.

Good luck! :wavey: