PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goody has passed away from cancer at age 27

Super_Marion
Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Jade Goody passed away lastnight.

Andrew..
Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Very sad story. My heart goes out to her family.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Jade Goody has died.

The reality TV star, 27, passed away overnight on Saturday after a battle with cancer, her publicist Max Clifford said.

Her mother Jackiey Budden, who was at her side as she died, said: "My beautiful daughter is at peace."

The star died at home at 3.14am on Mother's Day. Her body was taken out of her home shortly before 8am.

Speaking outside the home, Ms Budden said: "Family and friends would like privacy at last."

Family friend, Kevin Adams, who was with Goody when she died, said: "I think she's going to be remembered as a young girl who has, and who will, save an awful lot of lives.

"She was a very, very brave girl and she faced her death in the way she faced her whole life - full on, with a lot of courage."

Former dental nurse Jade shot to fame for her loud mouth and lack of general knowledge as a contestant in the 2002 season of British Channel 4 reality show Big Brother.

On Celebrity Big Brother in 2007, she sparked a major row in Britain and India over her treatment of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty after she was accused of racist bullying towards the Indian star.

Goody was diagnosed with cervical cancer in August 2008; she learned of her diagnosis while appearing on the Indian version of Big Brother, Bigg Boss.

On February 4 2009 Goody's publicist confirmed her cancer had spread to her liver, bowel and groin. Therefore, the previous estimate of a 40% chance of survival was withdrawn and she underwent treatment to prolong her life.

On February 7 2009, Clifford reported that Goody had undergone emergency surgery in London to remove a tumor on her bowel.

On February 22 2009, Goody married her boyfriend Jack Tweed in a ceremony filled with "laughter and tears". Around 771,000 people watched the ceremony on TV channel Living.

On March 9, Goody and her two sons - Bobby, five, and Freddy, four - were christened in a "very short and emotional service" at the Royal Marsden. The star wanted to be baptized with the boys so that when she dies they will still feel connected to her through Jesus. Her publicist confirmed the ceremony was Goody's last public appearance, and that she had already said her goodbyes to her family.

Jade had been determined to raise as much money as possible for her two sons through media deals. She sold the rights to her wedding exclusively to OK! magazine for a reported six-figure deal and her last days were also filmed by Living TV.

JAMESYBABY!
Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:16 AM
:sad: shame it was on mothers day to : (

Vincey!
Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
They were talking about her everyday in UK :sad:..Such a sad story

galadriel
Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
:sad: :sad:

Williamsser
Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:59 AM
R I P

Marcelo.
Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
:sad: :sad:
RIP Jade :awww: :awww:

Noctis
Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
:sad: GOODBYE

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
RIP.

was she a big star there in england?

SM
Mar 22nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
:(

Dodoboy.
Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
:sad:

Dodoboy.
Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
So so sad when i heard this! I really liked Jade :sad: RIP.

This made me make an effort to go to Church today, so sad for the boys and everything. She has done a lot in her 27 year life :hug:

Conor
Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
:sad::sad: Of all days. I actually really liked her. RIP Jade.

Ciarán
Mar 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
R.I.P Jade :sad:
Her poor kids :awww:

Brett.
Mar 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
:awww: It's so sad to hear! :sad:

Joee
Mar 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
RIP :sad:

Ta bron an domhain.

FORZA SARITA
Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
RIP :hug:

patch.
Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Sad Story :sad:
Jades family and friends :hug:
RIP.

Света_мой_№1
Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:11 PM
we had a documentary of her wedding cuz she got married I think about 3 years ago she sold her wedding to the tv so her 2 kids could go to school.

R.I.P. Jade

Yasmine
Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
My god is that the crazy one who was on Big Brother a few years back? :awww: I lived in the UK at the time so I did watch it. I wasn't a fan of hers but it is sad :sad:

ce
Mar 22nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Rip

Chriskip
Mar 22nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
we had a documentary of her wedding cuz she got married I think about 3 years ago she sold her wedding to the tv so her 2 kids could go to school.

R.I.P. Jade
She got married a month ago...she also became a christian then after the doctors gave her weeks to live. She is someone you love or love to hate. I liked that girl and her brash personality.

Света_мой_№1
Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
well I didnt see much of her but only saw that documentary and I typed it wrong I meant 3 weaks that is already closer to what you are saying. I dont know her that much but it is always sad when somebody dies. and at 27 losing to cancer hits it harder

vadin124
Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
i was praying for a miracle, it didn't come :sad:

R.i.P. Jade, you are an inspiration...

thoughts go out to your 2 little boys :sad:

drake3781
Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
There was just a story on her on Nightline (in the US) late this past week. I will see if I can find a link.

madlove
Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:04 AM
rip jade.... you're one hell of a woman! ):

Londoner
Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:32 PM
Jade had the most awful childhood yet she made the most of the very little she had been given, and only wanted a better life for her children.

As someone else said, people either loved her or loved to mock her. I hope those that did mock her have twinges of guilt - I include myself. It just goes to show, you should never really say truly awful things about people you don't know.

Had Jade been really nice to Shilpa Shetty when they were both in the House, then Ms Shetty probably wouldn't have the career she has right now.

Anyway, no one summed up the culture of quick celebrity fame more than Jade, and may she rest in peace knowing that she did more in a few years than most others and that she left her children the way she wanted to - financially secure.

Monica_Rules
Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Very sad news and a bit mean that she died on mothers day of all days.

Avid Merrion
Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
even though it was expected news, it was still terribly sad to hear of Jade's passing yesterday.

my heart goes out to her family especially her two little boys, Bobby and Freddie. poor wee mites losing their mum on Mothers Day.

RIP Jade, God bless x

kwilliams
Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
I never really cared for her but it's so sad to see someone suffer like she did and it was touching that she spent her dying days trying to provide a good future for her sons. She did whatever she could to provide for their futures and to remain a presence in their lives even after she's gone.

Jade had the most awful childhood yet she made the most of the very little she had been given, and only wanted a better life for her children.

As someone else said, people either loved her or loved to mock her. I hope those that did mock her have twinges of guilt - I include myself. It just goes to show, you should never really say truly awful things about people you don't know.

Had Jade been really nice to Shilpa Shetty when they were both in the House, then Ms Shetty probably wouldn't have the career she has right now.

Anyway, no one summed up the culture of quick celebrity fame more than Jade, and may she rest in peace knowing that she did more in a few years than most others and that she left her children the way she wanted to - financially secure.

That in no way excuses her behaviour in the house, not one bit.

LeRoy.
Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPew_SyG6As

gentenaire
Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPew_SyG6As

Have you read the first comments on this video?

Marionated
Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
A nice tribute for Jade in todays Sun newspaper.
Obviously there are some very horrible people who will post bad things about her on the internet.
RIP

Dawson.
Mar 24th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Very sad story indeed :sad: life is just not fair. She was 27 years old with two sons, it's such a shame. My heart goes out to them and the rest of the family. I have yet to watch her wedding documentary, I have it recorded. I just can't bring myself to actually watch it :sad:

She's left behind a good legacy though. The number of women being checked for cancer has dramatically risen since Jade's story (young girls in particular) - good news considering that the numbers have been sliding for years in the UK

RIP Jade