PDA

View Full Version : 7 million americans in prison last year!

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Thats crazy, we have 4,5 million people in Croatia and about 5000 prisoners, and of 350 million americans 7 million in prison. whats the problem there?

Lin Lin
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:27 AM
It's not a big deal,I don't think less prisoners means better society.Sometimes strong and judicial social justice can rightly punish criminals,but poor justice system may loosen criminals and give others a impression of less criminals.

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
It's not a big deal,I don't think less prisoners means better society.Sometimes strong and judicial social justice can rightly punish criminals,but poor justice system may loosen criminals and give others a impression of less criminals.

Punishment don't solve problems, I think prevention is the best thing. The most safe countries in the world are sweden, norway and finland because they have the best society, good social care, social help, education medical care, etc. and their prisons are like hotels.

saint2
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Punishment don't solve problems, I think prevention is the best thing. The most safe countries in the world are sweden, norway and finland because they have the best society, good social care, social help, education medical care, etc. and their prisons are like hotels.

Sweden sucks, thats one thing.

Second thing is that You are lying or are more brainwashed than Kournikovafan91.

Third thing is that seriously I think most of american prisoners is sitting there for innocence and that is the problem...

Lin Lin
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:38 AM

A:Punishment ACTUALLY can solve problems,but it's not all we need to do against criminals of course.
B:A criminal must be punished:)A strong justice system can rightly do this,but poor one can't fully handle this.

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Sweden sucks, thats one thing.

Second thing is that You are lying or are more brainwashed than Kournikovafan91.

Third thing is that seriously I think most of american prisoners is sitting there for innocence and that is the problem...

Sweden is such a nice country, I have been there few times and I have friends there.

I don't know about innocence but thats not normally 7 miliion people sitting in prison.

saint2
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Sweden is such a nice country, I have been there few times and I have friends there.

I don't know about innocence but thats not normally 7 miliion people sitting in prison.

You've been there on holidays? I've worked there for a while :o And its clearly not the place I wanna live. Safe cociety? Whats the obsession of "safety" in Europe? :lol::lol: In Poland, in my district we have a rock'n'roll every day and it is better than safety, boring, polliticaly correct Sweden ;)

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:44 AM
A:Punishment ACTUALLY can solve problems,but it's not all we need to do against criminals of course.
B:A criminal must be punished:)A strong justice system can rightly do this,but poor one can't fully handle this.

In a good societies is less criminals. USA has strong justice and the result is more and more criminals and more prisoners and they did nothing. The best thing is prevent people to do crimes. If you have a good life the possiblity to do a crime is less than if you have a bad life, and the society must provide you a chance for good life.

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM
You've been there on holidays? I've worked there for a while :o And its clearly not the place I wanna live. Safe cociety? Whats the obsession of "safety" in Europe? :lol::lol: In Poland, in my district we have a rock'n'roll every day and it is better than safety, boring, polliticaly correct Sweden ;)

I have been there on tennis tournaments and we had a good parties. In Sweden if you loose your job you will not be hungry. and the swedish people are very nice and helpful. I see many polish tourists every year in Croatia and they bring full car of food and drinks. They spend nothing.

saint2
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:49 AM
In a good societies is less criminals. USA has strong justice and the result is more and more criminals and more prisoners and they did nothing. The best thing is prevent people to do crimes. If you have a good life the possiblity to do a crime is less than if you have a bad life, and the society must provide you a chance for good life.

Gauntier, few questions to You. I see You're OK guy, so I think unlike fellow lefties You will answer.

1. Do You belive few bastards in suits can make people all happy ?
2. If NO, then can they make majority of people happy ?
3. If YES, then do they have a right to limit rights of others?
4. If YES, then are we the slaves of society ?

I don't belive in any "society"...All I know is that I don't wanna live in Perfect World...I like the world how it is...

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Gauntier, few questions to You. I see You're OK guy, so I think unlike fellow lefties You will answer.

1. Do You belive few bastards in suits can make people all happy ?
2. If NO, then can they make majority of people happy ?
3. If YES, then do they have a right to limit rights of others?
4. If YES, then are we the slaves of society ?

I don't belive in any "society"...All I know is that I don't wanna live in Perfect World...I like the world how it is...

If you loose your job you cannot be happy and you become depressive. in Scandinavia were the most suicides in europe 20 years ago but good medical care prevents it now. There is a lot unhappy people in Croatia, much more than in sweden. I read dannish people are the happiest in the world.

mariahdg
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:00 AM
harsh punishment is not goal or only way out .
Law, it must have necessary deterrent effect.

society has high tolerance level to extreme crime reflected the civilized degree of a nation, value and religion things.. This is principle of justice nothing to do human rights imo.

Your compared Scandinavian example to other countries is inappropriate. The reasons I don't want to write.

Lin Lin
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
If you loose your job you cannot be happy and you become depressive. in Scandinavia were the most suicides in europe 20 years ago but good medical care prevents it now. There is a lot unhappy people in Croatia, much more than in sweden. I read dannish people are the happiest in the world.

It's good for Denish people:)But,I just wonder how others know some people are happy or not?This kind of claim seems weird to me.People can only tell himself/hersle happle or not,but can't tell others,especially to judge a nation happy or not is very hard for me.

saint2
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM

Better happy in slavery than sad and free? ;)

You know, Sweden is a country where bastards in suits are deciding about how my live looks like. Yes, bastards may make someone happy, but hes not independent in that kind of situation.

In countries like Poland, Croatia or USA influence of thos bastards on life is relatively low. Thats the thing You have a problem with I see...

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:02 AM
harsh punishment is not goal or only way out .
Law, it must have necessary deterrent effect.

society has high tolerance level to extreme crime reflected the civilized degree of a nation, value and religion things.. This is principle of justice nothing to do human rights imo.

Your compared Scandinavian example to other countries is inappropriate. The reasons I don't want to write.

The scandinavina society is the best in the world in my opinion.

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Better happy in slavery than sad and free? ;)

You know, Sweden is a country where bastards in suits are deciding about how my live looks like. Yes, bastards may make someone happy, but hes not independent in that kind of situation.

In countries like Poland, Croatia or USA influence of thos bastards on life is relatively low. Thats the thing You have a problem with I see...

that not true. in Sweden different people are all accepted. in croatia if you different you will not be accepted. there is a lot of discrimination in Croatia.

saint2
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM
that not true. in Sweden different people are all accepted. in croatia if you different you will not be accepted. there is a lot of discrimination in Croatia.

But these people who "don't accept You" don't control Your life. Youre independent from them. Theres a less regulations than in Sweden...But what am I talking about, You may ask Korben or BUBI who ARE scandinavians what do they think about "great scandinavian society"...

Lin Lin
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:19 AM
So,there is no standard or definition of "good society",defferent people have different background and understanding,it's unnecessary to get a compromise here.:shrug:

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
So,there is no standard or definition of "good society",defferent people have different background and understanding,it's unnecessary to get a compromise here.:shrug:

thats also true. but there is some standards in the world

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:25 AM
But these people who "don't accept You" don't control Your life. Youre independent from them. Theres a less regulations than in Sweden...But what am I talking about, You may ask Korben or BUBI who ARE scandinavians what do they think about "great scandinavian society"...

thats bad side a lot of regulations but most things are better than in the rest of the world.

Direwolf
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
so thats 0.02%!!

bad enought?

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM
so thats 0.02%!!

bad enought?

thats 2%. your math is bad.

Direwolf
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
thats 2%. your math is bad.

oh my maths?

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
oh my maths?

yes, you are bad in maths.:p

Direwolf
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:48 AM
yes, you are bad in maths.:p

lol its 0.02
but then i forgot to
x100
when i put the % sign

Gautier
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:51 AM
lol its 0.02
but then i forgot to
x100
when i put the % sign

yes, I understand.

Direwolf
Mar 21st, 2009, 02:47 AM
yes, I understand.

thanks;)

Scotso
Mar 21st, 2009, 02:59 AM
We should send them in groups of 20 or so to Antarctica and make a TV show out of it. We can give them a few supplies and tell them that the last one living gets freed (and that person can unexpectedly die from an "accident" on his way back).

Ellery
Mar 21st, 2009, 03:20 AM
We should send them in groups of 20 or so to Antarctica and make a TV show out of it. We can give them a few supplies and tell them that the last one living gets freed (and that person can unexpectedly die from an "accident" on his way back).

Survivor Antarctica? :tape:

No women in bikinis or shirtless men = crap ratings :sad: