PDA

View Full Version : Tennisforums Marketplace?

spokenword73
Mar 16th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Hey Moddy-
I have a tennis program signed by Lindsay Davenport and Kim Clijsters. I would like to offer it for sale to a devoted fan. Does tennisforums have a plae for buying and selling tennis memorabilia? If you ever think of having some type of marketplace, I would be happy to help out in any way I am able.:)

Kart
Mar 16th, 2009, 11:54 PM
We don't have a designated area.

As far as I'm aware it's never even been suggested - I'm not sure what the implications are from allowing such an area to exist.

I'd imagine it depends on how much interest there is (though I expect there would be a lot,) whether the site owners would want to cash in on any advertising and what safeguards we'd need to have in place to distance ourselves if posters were swindled etc. I suppose that's one for the webmaster to answer when he sees this thread.

What we normally tell posters to do if they want to promote their sites is to advertise their websites etc in their signatures but not anywhere else as we had had problems with aggressive advertising and site plugging in the past.

Obviously, if it were appropriate to mention it in another thread no one would come after you as long as you didn't labour the point.

iGOAT
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:56 AM
That's a good idea :)

spokenword73
Mar 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Should the owners decide to have a tennisforums marketplace, they could require that buyers and sellers use Paypal only. Disputes would be handled by PP and would avoid any possible aggrevation.:)