PDA

View Full Version : TennisTV not working?

manutoo
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:02 PM
No womens coverage until today and the womens tennistv stream is not working :o

MarieC
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
working fine for me

FORZA SARITA
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO RIGHTS RESTRICTIONS IN YOUR TERRITORY YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PURCHASE SONY ERICSSON WTA TOUR LIVE STREAMING. SEE FAQS.

:weirdo:

alwayshingis
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Not working for me either.

manutoo
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
:smash:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO RIGHTS RESTRICTIONS IN YOUR TERRITORY YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PURCHASE SONY ERICSSON WTA TOUR LIVE STREAMING. SEE FAQS.

why pay 10 times the amount for that :o
ES Player is just as good (plus it works :secret: )

babsi
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
If it doesn't work, all you need to do is close the browser and then try again.
It works then normally, although I wish they would fix the account info, if you have a wta package only you can't access it.

manutoo
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Huh? why cant I watch womens matches I only paid for the womens since ATP is always on channelsurfing no need. I cant watch IW if I have only womens subscription?

alwayshingis
Mar 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Still not loading for me - just like it hasn't been all day, fortunately Ivanovic/Dulko is on regular TV.

Spiritof42
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:13 AM
alwayshingis: what browser are you using?

I have not been able to watch WTA streams in Firefox at all today despite numerous attempts - they just won't load. Though in Dubai, the WTA matches were loading correctly. :rolleyes: The ATP streams are working fine, as usual.

The women's matches do load in IE, but for some reason the Flash live streams are always choppy in IE on my system whereas they run smoothly in Firefox. This is not a bandwith or CPU/GPU issue. My connection and computer horsepower are more than enough to handle this load. In Firefox, I can watch three ATP matches simultaneously with no lag at all. In IE, the video feels like it's running at about 10 frames per second. Very annoying.

alwayshingis
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:15 AM

I have not been able to watch WTA streams in Firefox at all today despite numerous attempts - they just won't load. Though in Dubai, the WTA matches were loading correctly. :rolleyes: The ATP streams are working fine, as usual.

The women's matches do load in IE, but for some reason the Flash live streams are always choppy in IE on my system whereas they run smoothly in Firefox. This is not a bandwith or CPU/GPU issue. My connection and computer horsepower are more than enough to handle this load. In Firefox, I can watch three ATP matches simultaneously with no lag at all. In IE, the video feels like it's running at about 10 frames per second. Very annoying.

I've tried a couple different computers and browsers. It didn't work on my Mac in Firefox or Safari. I also tried another computer where it didn't work in IE. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Spiritof42
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:47 AM
The fact that there's no video on demand (to make the matches available to subscribers unable to watch them live) makes things even more aggravating.

The service is pretty expensive for what it is - even when it's working. For instance, why are some WTA matches shown on Eurosport Player but not on TennisTV? The latter is supposed to be the "official video website" of the WTA tour, after all. You can tell this used to be an ATP-only service. Let's hope they get their act together soon.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Mar 17th, 2009, 04:25 AM
The fact that there's no video on demand (to make the matches available to subscribers unable to watch them live) makes things even more aggravating.

The service is pretty expensive for what it is - even when it's working. For instance, why are some WTA matches shown on Eurosport Player but not on TennisTV? The latter is supposed to be the "official video website" of the WTA tour, after all. You can tell this used to be an ATP-only service. Let's hope they get their act together soon.

X____________________!

TantrumXspeed
Mar 17th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Use IExplorer to open. I had the problem with lag, but muted the sound/use headphones and it was smooth. Weird, but I honestly think the speakers on my laptop caused so much vibration caused the stream to lag. (I have 4GB Ram so I knew that wasn't the problem)

Anyone know where I could get Eurosport Player? :wavey:

Spiritof42
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Why isn't TennisTV showing Zvonareva vs Li?
Their schedule says:

Stadium 1
11:00 - ATP Match

And for that matter, why are they covering Stadium 3 when the men are playing but not the women?

It looks like they'll be streaming only 3 out of 8 round of 16 matches :mad:

This is getting ridiculous...

DownTheLine21
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I can't even get the Wozniacki match to work on my computer.

guapogreg08
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM
neither can i. i click watch live and then a black screen jus pops up. nothing plays

DownTheLine21
Mar 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM
neither can i. i click watch live and then a black screen jus pops up. nothing plays

Same here. It's ridiculous. They finally decide to show some WTA matches, and the livestream doesn't even work.

alwayshingis
Mar 17th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Works on IE for me today but not on any other browser.

Their customer service has been no help. They don't seem to get that it is not me, it's them.

Spiritof42
Mar 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Same here. Works in IE for me (though the video is choppy) but not in Firefox, just like yesterday (even though Firefox was working fine during the previous WTA tournament). They've obviously made changes to the scripts on the Womenstennistv.com pages (used only for WTA streams) that have broken support for most browsers. Tennistv.com pages (used for everything else) are not affected.

Their customer service has been no help. They don't seem to get that it is not me, it's them.

Yeah, writing them about this is basically a waste of time.

cosmoose
Mar 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Does anyone have an actual phone number for tech support?

I've tried to access on my desktop and laptop to no avail
I've tried firefox, ie, opera, and safari...nothing works!

When I first wrote to tech support to complain, their "help" email said I should click on "watch live", enter log in info and click women's matches.....thats the level of support/incompetence these clowns provide. :fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery:

Spiritof42
Mar 17th, 2009, 08:17 PM
To cosmoose and other people unable to watch WTA streams at all, even in IE:

For WTA streams to work on my computer, I always have to log in *twice*:

1. First I log in on the TennisTV home page.
2. Then I click on a WTA live stream link, and I am redirected to the womenstennistv.com secure server.
3. After entering my username and password a second time on that page, I am redirected to the page with the WTA live stream, and the stream starts properly.

Omitting step #1 produces a black screen at the end of step #3 (the stream doesn't load).

To watch ATP streams, I only need to login on the TennisTV.com home page. Much simpler.

You probably already knew that, but just in case...

cosmoose
Mar 17th, 2009, 11:28 PM
monkeys at tennistv gave me a new password
that worked and i got to see last 5 minutes of Caro's match.

Now, i tried to log in for safina's match, once again blank screen.
:fiery:

Boomguy
Mar 17th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Is the live stream avaiable for americans? for this tournament

partbrit
Mar 18th, 2009, 12:30 AM
My history with Tennis TV:

1. I had constantly freezing video and couldn't figure out why. I have a very fast broadband connection, I had the latest Flash Player, my cache was cleared, etc. I wrote to them, and they sent me some suggestions, none of which worked. Then the lightbulb came on--my Java updater had stopped working, probably blocked by my security software. I updated my Java on all machines and in all browsers, and everything was very smooth...until now. Now I am having major freezes again.

2. I also had a problem logging in, in that I couldn't. I wrote to Tennis TV, asking for help, and also suggesting they add "update Java" to their list of suggestions for freezes. I never heard from them. Eventually, the login problem went away on its own.

3. If I use Firefox or Chrome, I have to log in three times, which is very irritating. If I use IE (which I really don't want to use), I have to log in twice. And now the logins have become much more irritating because of the non-stop ads that suddenly appear over the login box.

4. Today, I wrote to Tennis TV about all of the above. I wonder if I will hear from them. If you are having trouble, or you are fed up with the multiple logins and the intrusive ads on the login box, please write to them. If we all let them know that the service is unsatisfactory, they will feel pressured to do something about it.

MarieC
Mar 18th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Man, whatever they did between Monday and Tuesday has ruined the WTA's streaming. I haven't been able to get on the past 2 days. I've tried the suggestions, and running it in IE, Firefox, and Chrome with no luck. Needless to say I'm not happy

igralec33
Mar 18th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I hope it will be work soon. :D

Poiree
Mar 18th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Isn't working for me either :o

manutoo
Mar 18th, 2009, 09:40 PM
:o

cosmoose
Mar 18th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I was actually able to watch vera v. caro match.
This is the latest help i got from the tech support.
Hope this works for you all.

In IE6
Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. On the general tab click on Delete cookies , then OK. Now click on Delete Files then OK and OK again. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser.

IE7
Open Internet Explorer (one window only) and click on Tools then Internet Options. In the middle of the General Tab in the area relating to Browsing History click on Delete. Then "delete cookies" and "Yes" "delete files". Then "yes". Click on Close and Close again. Now press "Ctrl" and F5 together. Close and restart your browser.

Now click on Tools>Internet Options> On the Security tab set the level to Medium. Then on the Privacy tab set the Privacy level to Medium-High.
Now click on Tools>Pop Up blocker and ensure that the pop up blocker is turned off.

MarieC
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
Lovely TennisTV isn't working for the final. I'm just getting an error message

Spiritof42
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Not working here either in ANY browser (was working in IE until the semifinals). :mad:

Seems clear to me the problem is on their end, but if I send an e-mail to tech support they'll probably give me the same BS about clearing cookies on my computer or something. :weirdo:

This is getting ridiculous...

And the problems ALWAYS happen on the WTA side. :rolleyes:

Justin SW
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
ME too^^

LadyLil
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Add me to the list! Absurd. Never any trouble on the ATP side.

partbrit
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
Same here. I've tried on three browsers and two machines. Thanks, Tennis TV.

alwayshingis
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Doesn't work for me either. Good thing it's on regular TV.

The problem is different than before though, because it will say "starting" and then after a while say "error" so it's not the same problem as usual (when I got nothing to load)

partbrit
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Good thing it's on regular TV

Not where I live.

Spiritof42
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Nothing on "regular" TV where I live either.

I strongly encourage every TennisTV subscriber to send a complaint to their tech support immediately (if not already done). They'll probably be clueless as to the cause, but at least they'll know that several customers are not getting the service they have paid for.

LadyLil
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Nothing on "regular" TV where I live either.

I strongly encourage every TennisTV subscriber to send a complaint to their tech support immediately (if not already done). They'll probably be clueless as to the cause, but at least they'll know that several customers are not getting the service they have paid for.

Already done. And nothing on regular TV here.

MarieC
Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:54 PM
They've definitely heard from me

alwayshingis
Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Sorry for you guys that it isn't on TV even. Fox Sports West has actually been pretty good with their coverage, I guess they would need to be since they are the FSN affiliate in IW.

Spiritof42
Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Hey! It's finally working (at least for me)! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Andrew..
Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
Yes, seems like it's working again. :)