PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the next French player to break top 100!

Iceland
Mar 12th, 2009, 10:02 AM
While the most well-known French girls are enjoying their time in top 100 including newcomers such as Johansson or Coin, the second-hand players are really struggling to make it to top 100, let alone top 200. No ITF title won by a French player so far (apart of Julie).

In addition to that, Alizé is the only French youngster to do well this season. The second best player of the 1990s generation is only ranked 555th and it's Charlotte Rodier :help:.

Let's share our thoughts about French hopes here! Don't forget to pick who you think will be the next French girl to break top 100. It surely won't happen this year anyway :o.

améliemomo
Mar 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
well you know that I like kristina but right now she's faaaaar from reaching top100 since she 's still playing junior tournaments and when she plays ITF pro, she lost to top400-300 players.
Seems like she's not ready yet to play good in pro tournaments.
That's a shame cause she's very talented and I think can do better than that.

Lighter
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:15 PM
On my opinion, Claire Feuerstein could be the new "Pauline Parmentier".

I'm also focus on french Players in US colleges like Marina Coussou, Claire Ilsinskas or Mathilde Johansson's sister, especially Marina Cossou if she decides to follow Julie Coin's run after studies.

And I don't forget Mauritian/French Marinne Giraud who have a big potential but seems to be injured.

Geoffrey91
Mar 13th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Maya Johansson will never break top 500.

Who is Claire Ilsinkas ? I've never heard her name before.

Chris 84
Mar 13th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I've seen a few of these players a few times, and none of them impressed much. I think I've seen Rodier in 3 matches and she was a big disappointment to me.

Iceland
Mar 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
I forgot to include Cindy Chala who is the 1991 girl to have the most consistent results. She currently is injured but I think she can do something in her career and even this season. She is pretty talented but her serve will always be a major handicap given how short she is. I reckon Babet has a chance too. Should be possible around 2010/11.

Of all mentioned, Im sure Kristina will get there. Laisné may make it too. She can score big results, it will depend on her capacity of staying consistent and fit.

Alizé Molik
Mar 15th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I chose steph vongsouthi but I certainly think if Youlia gave a crap she could be top 100 or at least top 120 again sort of like a cohen aloro or foretz, and Kristina I think it's only a matter of time before her ranking starts to move up.

Lighter
Mar 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Maya Johansson will never break top 500.

Who is Claire Ilsinkas ? I've never heard her name before.Last Women's Singles Rankings here : http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRankings/Rankings/0809D1Women/DI_Women_National_Singles_Rankings_3_3_09.htm

Best French : n°20 Marina Cossou

Claire Ilcinkas's Profile here : http://www.collegetennisonline.com/California-W-Tennis/Player.aspx?plId=54127

Iceland
Mar 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
A good week for the French hopes:
- Irena lost in SF of Tenerife beating top 100 player Maret Ani 64 63
- Stéphanie & Violette into SF of a 10k
- Kristina into SF of a Grade 1 junior tournament

Allez les filles :)

Iceland
Mar 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Indeed we were right to have a look on Feuerstein as she has just reached her first 25k final!! She has been very impressive this season with excellent wins over Lyubtsova, Lu, Hrdinova & now Stanciute! She's already a safe bet for a Roland-Garros WC. Bravo Claire!