PDA

View Full Version : The "At least she's not playing 25k qualies" Positivity Thread

Привет
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:45 AM
:bigwave:

A thread to be positive about Jela's career, no matter what craziness is going on.

I'm sick of hearing all the negativity that gets thrown about by some people every time she loses a match. She's back on the frigging WTA Tour full time! Would you prefer she play ITF level tournaments for the rest of her career? She's only played four tournaments for 2009, so there is plenty of time for her to get some better results.

I mean seriously, she's been back on the WTA Tour for what, a month now, and already we're taking it for granted. :o

So basically, be positive in here after she wins, loses, withdraws, is defaulted (I hope not :unsure:), when she reminds you of why you love her, and when she infuriates you like no other tennis player can. :)

Be a Debbie Downer and I WILL bad rep you. :)

So go ahead, humour me, put a positive spin on things. :inlove:

deepsand
Mar 12th, 2009, 05:50 AM
i completely agree.
i'm just really happy that she's back playing tennis and more importantly that she seems happy with where she is in her life atm.
she started from scratch just over a year ago, so i reckon it's gonna take time for her to find her groove and it's not like we Dokic fans aren't patient if anything. and u are right, when she reminds you of why she is so awesome, everything else is forgotten so quickly. like the AO, that was vintage Jelena and she just needs to find it again.
:):):)

muniu
Mar 12th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Go Jelena , you rock , good luck in Miami :rocker2: , just play your best :kiss:

hdfb
Mar 12th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Yay go Jelena.
I wonder if she has too much confidence and is going for too much? I noticed in AO she played very maturely and didn't try to blast every single ball.

SM
Mar 12th, 2009, 11:57 AM
the positives
- shes back on the main tour
- dont forget that in 1999 her results where as inconsistent as they are right now. she had many shocking losses on her first year on the main tour and now shes in the same position....building herself up from scratch
- she will be in the main draw of all the slams, watch out especuially at wimbeldon where she cant lose to no pushers like Craybas on grass ;)

powerbackhand
Mar 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM
jelena said that she is struggling mentally right now so maybe she needs time to adjust to playing wta scheudle full time again

muniu
Mar 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM
jelena said that she is struggling mentally right now so maybe she needs time to adjust to playing wta scheudle full time again

where you read about it ? :sad::wavey:

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 12th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I love you, thread starter.

Positive news: Britney Spears March 20th, New York City March 21st

FUCK YES! GO JELE!~

Привет
Mar 12th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I love you, thread starter.

Positive news: Britney Spears March 20th, New York City March 21st

FUCK YES! GO JELE!~

Stoned again, Dave? :unsure:

Seeing as though everybody is in Indian Wells apart from the Williams girls (who probably wouldn't wanna hit up with anyone other than each other anyway), there is an abundance of training partners for Jela! I hope she hits with a few big names in her free time now. :D

Alizé Molik
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:21 AM
i completely agree privyet! Jeca has taken a huge step forward and she just needs time to rest and get focused again

Uranium
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Jelena is a rhythm player, that's why she did so well from AO-Fed Cup and memphis qualifying, but once she got a few days off her game was off against Wozniacki. Then took about 3 weeks off til this week and came out rusty. She just needs to get her groove back. Qualifying would have been better for her here, but atleast she played it's better than around this time the past few years:p

KazeKarter
Mar 13th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Very neccesary thread, I wasn't around in the 00's when she sucked pretty much all the time, but if all the fans here can come through that period, then two losses in a row should be a cake walk.

Jelena's still the comback queen no matter what:worship:

Привет
Mar 18th, 2009, 06:04 AM
ZOMG MIAMI MDWC!!! :inlove:

cn ireland
Mar 18th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Good thread:yeah:!

I don't know why people are complaining, she's reached a GS QF already this year:bounce:!

Given her record in the last 5 years, if she didn't play for the rest of the year (obviously I don't want that to come through:lol:) its been a successfull 2009 for JD:hearts:!

Привет
Mar 19th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Right on, cn_ireland! :yeah: I just wish Jela fans would be more willing to spread positivity instead of ratting her out when she doesn't win every single event she enters.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 19th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Viva Dokic

<3 to all

Привет
Mar 19th, 2009, 08:12 AM
<3 to dave
<3 to jela

:inlove:

Привет
Mar 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM
POSITIVES:

Craybas in Miami qualies
Wozniacki seeded with a BYE 1st round

:inlove:

Sectumsempra
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
she'll probably draw pin and lose

powerbackhand
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM
it is positive that she has not been arrested by police for vandalism of estimated damage 5000 dollars

cn ireland
Mar 20th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Jelena got 5 ranking points from IW;)!

Привет
Mar 20th, 2009, 10:51 PM
she'll probably draw pin and lose

Doesn't sound too optimistic to me...

How about you turn that frown upside down. :D

Sectumsempra
Mar 21st, 2009, 01:53 AM
Doesn't sound too optimistic to me...

How about you turn that frown upside down. :D

Im sorry...JELENA WILL BEAT SERENA WILLIAMS IN THE FINAL!! :aparty: :aparty: :aparty:

Привет
Mar 21st, 2009, 02:31 AM
Wow, able to see into the future! :D So gifted.

Mashabator
Mar 21st, 2009, 07:20 AM
I hope jelena can get a couple of wins here :)

ninanina19
Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:30 AM
At least she was winning matches in 25ks.

OZTENNIS
Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:52 AM
She made the quarter finals of the Australian Open for the first time, and her first Grand Slam quarter final since 2002, losing only to the World No.3 6-4 4-6 6-4

Привет
Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:21 AM

Sorry, but negativity will not be tolerated in here. :hug:

Why not think about the matches she has already won this year to brighten your day? :)

SM
Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Her win loss record this across WTA/FED CUP is 9-4 so atleast its +ve
:lick:

Привет
Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Her win loss record this across WTA/FED CUP is 9-4 so atleast its +ve
:lick:

+ve :inlove:

Sectumsempra
Mar 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Jelena is on a two match losing streak :hearts:

:p

Harvs
Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
show some love to JD:)
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=373938

Привет
Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:16 AM
Jelena is on a two match losing streak :hearts:

:p

I've already bad repped you for your previous negative comment, but if I could bad rep this one, I would. :)

It's not a hard concept to grasp. If you want to be negative, stay the fuck out. :)

Golovinjured.
Mar 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
Jelena will be playing again in a few days :apumpkin:

deepsand
Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
woot.
i can't wait.
i wonder what the reaction will be like when she strings two wins together again :P.
i'll probably go a bit mental.

cn ireland
Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Jelena will play against Edina Gallovits in Miami MD 1st round;)!

Golovinjured.
Mar 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
That seems do able :D:D:D

Привет
Mar 24th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Gallovits is a good draw! Compared to Craybas, she doesn't have the crowd behind her, and she probably doesn't have as much experience as Jill. :hearts:

cn ireland
Mar 25th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Jelena reaches the 2nd round of Miami with a 6-3 7-6(5) win over Edina Gallovits:banana:!

Привет
Mar 25th, 2009, 11:46 PM
A MD WIN! :inlove:

Привет
Mar 25th, 2009, 11:47 PM
And her next opponent she has played already twice this year, so she should know what to expect. :D

deepsand
Mar 26th, 2009, 04:32 AM
^^^yeh and lets hope she does what she needs to beat her!
and she won't have to wait around like in Memphis, so thats good!

*happy!*

Sectumsempra
Mar 26th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Jelena thrashed caro in australia :hearts:

Привет
Mar 26th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Jelena thrashed caro in australia :hearts:

Thanks for being positive! :hug:

Golovinjured.
Mar 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I heard Caro has a cold, and a sore elbow.

:D:D:D:D:D

deepsand
Mar 26th, 2009, 10:17 AM
:D indeed.

well - not that she is unwell ofcourse - more that it would give Jelena an advantage!
but if she loses... :S

auntie janie
Mar 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM
All I need to do is see the names of those Italian challengers we got so familiar with in the last few years, and all the memories come flooding back:

She entered!!! She's first alt.! No, she withdrew, but she's still in for next week! Will she play??? Aiyaiyai! :sobbing:

For the rest of her career, no matter what happens from here on out, it'll be impossible for me NOT to be excited about the amazing turn things have taken since last spring. For me, the biggest thing that could happen already HAS happened -- Jelena is back, for real. :hearts:

It's fun to realize that I never need to fret over Civitavecchia, Bari, or Caserta entry lists again. :angel:

doktor
Mar 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM
All I need to do is see the names of those Italian challengers we got so familiar with in the last few years, and all the memories come flooding back:

She entered!!! She's first alt.! No, she withdrew, but she's still in for next week! Will she play??? Aiyaiyai! :sobbing:

For the rest of her career, no matter what happens from here on out, it'll be impossible for me NOT to be excited about the amazing turn things have taken since last spring. For me, the biggest thing that could happen already HAS happened -- Jelena is back, for real. :hearts:

It's fun to realize that I never need to fret over Civitavecchia, Bari, or Caserta entry lists again. :angel:

Agreed its awesome... and she was absolutley terrible, withdrawing changin her mind all the time, for us dokic fans this is easy...

cn ireland
Mar 29th, 2009, 02:55 PM
The fact that Jelena took the world #12 to 3 sets is pretty impressive compared to last year's results:)!

cn ireland
Apr 26th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Including FED Cup & Qualifying Results, Jelena has a 11-5 Win/Loss record this season:yeah:!

GeeTee
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:05 AM
But feel free to fret about Saint-Gauden! :)

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100019579&event=&order=Position

Golovinjured.
May 1st, 2009, 09:10 AM
Saint Gauden may very well have a livestream. :D:D

I'd call that a positive. :)

Привет
May 1st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Oooh :dance:

Привет
May 6th, 2009, 12:58 AM
She had an amazing photoshoot - positive!!! :D

Привет
May 10th, 2009, 11:30 PM
She seems to have adjusted to clay nicely and has finally played another tournament. :D

Привет
Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Hmm, I think it's time for us all to drink a cup of tea and meditate, maybe do some yoga...

Think back to a couple years ago when we had no idea whether she would even play ever again. Life will go on despite this Wimbledon, errr - hickup (I don't want to use a negative word in the positivity thread :angel:).

So let's all just put the pill bottle back into the cabinet, hmmm?

deepsand
Jun 23rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
^^ haha. how did you know i had just gotten the bottle? :eek:

i like this thread.

doktor
Jun 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
she looked slightly skinnier than roland garros....

DokDi
Jun 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Jelena remains positive and will continue to work hard to do the best of her career!

cn ireland
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
At least she won her 1st set at Wimbledon since 2003 (I think????)

Golovinjured.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Hmm, I think it's time for us all to drink a cup of tea and meditate, maybe do some yoga...

LOL, i did that. :sobbing:

Привет
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:06 AM
LOL, i did that. :sobbing:

Really eases those suicidal inclinations, don't it. :drive:

Alizé Molik
Jun 24th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Well the positives,

-she played a great first set and mixed it up pretty well against an opponent who sliced everything and get heaps of balls back.
-she looked a hot mess.
-she didn't go back to serbia, and she said she doesn't read or know anything about damir and she's over it!
-she admitted she needs to play more
-she also said she's looking forward to her favourite part of the year :D I see a Linz final as a possibility :p

Привет
Jun 24th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Please remove the 'she looked a hot mess' from your post, that's not a positive! :sobbing:

Havok
Jun 24th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Well at least we get back our EveryWeekLena post Wimbledon!:drool:

Sucks that she lost, but her favorite part of the season is coming up.:banana:

DokDi
Jun 24th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, and I really think (hope) she will play week in week out for the rest of the season!:) With some rest of course

Golovinjured.
Jun 24th, 2009, 07:27 AM
The quote in my sig is something more positive than I could have even imagined.

DokDi
Jun 24th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Yes it's really nice to read. I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how positive Jelena remained after the match. When my world almost fell apart those hours. But she has been through a lot worse than a first round loss in a GS (and 49 UE) obviously...:hug:

deepsand
Jun 24th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Jelena is on TV right now having an interview! i didn't know where to write this?!?!?

she's going to commentate the Jarmilla and Serena Match. or some of it atleast. She looks AMAZING. had some black shawl on over a white top. she needs to smile so much more. her smile is freaking beautiful.

umm - they asked her about upsets and losing. coz of maria. she she said the same things as after her match. she's really positive about it. the austraian open gave her a second chance. and she has all of these opporunities left. week after week, which she thinks is good. and she's not so hard on herself after she loses, coz she knows that she has those opportunities later. or atleast not as hard as she used to be on herself.
she actually said something like 'it's more fun when i lose now' - or something like that :P

he asked her about that photoshoot and how great she looked. and she was just like 'yeh, it's good to do those things, coz we don't do them often' :P well, duh :P. but yeh. made some joke about fashion and shopping and newyokr, paris etc. but anyway. was a nice interview.
she's abotu to start commentating now. ok - i'm gonna shut up.
just thought i'd write something.

Ballbasher
Oct 11th, 2009, 05:19 PM
This one needs a big bump, since everyone complains, how she doesn't play WTA. :p

Babolatpro880
Oct 11th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Positive:

-She doesn't have mono.
-She might play like four whole weeks in a row on hardcourts in France.
-She whooped everyone's ass in Athens.
-She looked smokin in Athens.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 11th, 2009, 05:25 PM
50K Main draw >>> !!!!

Babolatpro880
Oct 11th, 2009, 05:33 PM
She needs like 207 more points to stay in the top 100 once the AO QF comes off, which she could get within the next three weeks :woohoo:

If, say, she won Joue-Les-Tours and Saint Raphael and got to the semis of Poitiers.

cn ireland
Oct 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
She's won a 100K title this year and she's ranked inside the top 70 again:bounce:!

Golovinjured.
Oct 12th, 2009, 01:16 AM
There's really no need for this thread anymore because every thread is a positivity thread :D:D:D

POSITIVE!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 12th, 2009, 01:19 AM
There's really no need for this thread anymore because every thread is a positivity thread :D:D:D

POSITIVE!!!
There's always room for more positivity, Samuel. :)

Golovinjured.
Oct 12th, 2009, 01:23 AM
I know, but the fact that we don't need it is so positive! But just because we don't need it doesn't mean we can't have it. :inlove:

+++++++

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 12th, 2009, 01:25 AM
+++++++
!.

Mashabator
Oct 12th, 2009, 03:12 AM
She needs like 207 more points to stay in the top 100 once the AO QF comes off, which she could get within the next three weeks :woohoo:

If, say, she won Joue-Les-Tours and Saint Raphael and got to the semis of Poitiers.

Plus, she has brisbane and hobart/sydney so she can get points for them too :)

Привет
Oct 12th, 2009, 03:22 AM

Please don't take my baby away from me! :sobbing:

Sambo ate my baby. :crying2:

Philip
Oct 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM

Is this also assuming that she loses first round at the AO? Which of course she won't as shes bloody god damn gunna win the AO10 :D

POSITIVITY.

powerbackhand
Oct 12th, 2009, 09:52 PM
she nearly double bageled smpmeone in the top 100

Babolatpro880
Oct 13th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Is this also assuming that she loses first round at the AO? Which of course she won't as shes bloody god damn gunna win the AO10 :D

POSITIVITY.

Yeah it is, she seems to be playing well so hopefully she can get the ranking safe. Oh wait, this is the positivity thread. I'm totally sure she will.

Golovinjured.
Oct 13th, 2009, 02:14 AM
she nearly double bageled smpmeone in the top 100

:bigcry:

doktor
Oct 13th, 2009, 03:05 AM

no tears in the positivity thread ;)

Golovinjured.
Oct 13th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Let me get my Kleenex. :awww:

doktor
Oct 13th, 2009, 03:14 AM
they better have been tears of joy!

powerbackhand
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Please don't take my baby away from me! :sobbing:

Sambo ate my baby. :crying2:

my baby kicked me, so maybe you are lucky:lick::lick:

powerbackhand
Oct 13th, 2009, 09:43 AM
positive: i got a new avator, u like???
golovinjured is just crying because it got spanked at school today. hehe

Привет
Oct 13th, 2009, 11:47 AM
my baby kicked me, so maybe you are lucky:lick::lick:

positive: i got a new avator, u like???
golovinjured is just crying because it got spanked at school today. hehe

:hysteric: Never change.

Dominic
Oct 13th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Halep is not in the top 100

Привет
Nov 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Playing Hobart and not Sydney, which means more oppurtunities to rack up some points on the WTA. :banana:

GO JELA!

Golovinjured.
Nov 28th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I love powerbackhand :bowdown:

So Disrespectful
Nov 29th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Hobart is perfect for Jelena, but it could become a bit of a problem if she goes deep at both tournaments.

Slutati
Nov 29th, 2009, 02:11 AM
:rolleyes:

powerbackhand is mine. :inlove:

Привет
Nov 29th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Why would it be a problem? :scratch: She doesn't have to play AO qualies this year, so she won't have to tank/withdraw from Hobart if she goes far. The only thing that I can think of that you mean could be a problem is that she might be a bit tired for AO, but really, we still don't know what her draw will be at AO or if she'll be able to even come close to replicating what she did this year, so the more wins at WTA events the better if you ask me. :shrug:

So Disrespectful
Nov 29th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Why would it be a problem? :scratch: She doesn't have to play AO qualies this year, so she won't have to tank/withdraw from Hobart if she goes far. The only thing that I can think of that you mean could be a problem is that she might be a bit tired for AO, but really, we still don't know what her draw will be at AO or if she'll be able to even come close to replicating what she did this year, so the more wins at WTA events the better if you ask me. :shrug:

:lol: I don't know where my head was when I made that post. I was thinking AO started the week after Hobart. :o So yes, you're completely correct.

Привет
Nov 29th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I thought it was. :speakles: But then I just went onto the WTA site and it has Hobart on after AO, the same week as Paris Indoors. :confused:

Since when? :confused: I thought Hobart was on same week as Sydney.

Harvs
Nov 29th, 2009, 02:43 AM
it is, it a mistake

Привет
Nov 29th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Okay. So what does Slowdive! mean then. :scratch:

powerbackhand
Nov 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM

sure who doesnt i have a reputation beyond repute:bounce::bounce::bounce:
its a pity that the posters in GM don't feel the same way...In general messages i'm constantly getting bullied and ridiculed:sad::sad::sad::sad: :hysteric:

DokDi
Nov 29th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Let's bring some positivity in here:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=396500

Привет
Jan 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM

http://www.keith-ayers.com/V2/images/AwesomeSmileySmall.png

Seriously though, I got nothin'. More preparation for AO, maybe? :inlove: Ajde.

So Disrespectful
Jan 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
:haha: The face!

Slutati
Jan 13th, 2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.keith-ayers.com/V2/images/AwesomeSmileySmall.png

GTFO of this thread, Justine. :rolleyes:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 13th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Seriously though, I got nothin'.
LOL I know right...

Maybe she'll change her dress out of superstition. :hearts:

Just Do It
Jan 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
If she played a 25k R1 match she would probably lose 6-1 6-1 :)

Gjtennis
Jan 13th, 2010, 09:03 PM
playing like she did last nite theres no doubt about it. I have never and i mean never seen Jelena play like that. even in 2004 when she was playing bad she didnt play like that. sigh....

Привет
Jan 14th, 2010, 12:10 AM
GTFO of this thread, Justine. :rolleyes:

STFD, boy. :rolleyes:

Negativity in the positivity thread!!! :hysteric:

Do something we can be positive about plz, Jelena. :sad:

Привет
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Just saw footage of Jelena on the news with her team at the airport. All three of them were smiling and laughing.
Ajde.

doktor
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
^Ajde.

It all helps...

:scared:

Привет
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Well I'll take 'smiling and laughing' over 'cussing and shrugging' any day of the week. :inlove:

Sectumsempra
Jan 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
They were probably laughing at her performance the other night as well as her goal to be top 20

Dominic
Jan 14th, 2010, 03:52 PM
They were probably laughing at her performance the other night as well as her goal to be top 20

:lol:

Golovinjured.
Jan 14th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I saw the footage too, and Jelena was very happy. :)

powerbackhand
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:10 PM
maybe she tanked and was afraid to admit it so she just acted depressed so the media wouldnt slate her :cheer:

Mashabator
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:43 PM

Dominic
Jan 15th, 2010, 01:22 AM
I saw the footage too, and Jelena was very happy. :)

Show us the freakin' footage you bitches!

doktor
Feb 5th, 2010, 06:55 AM
she's not dead... thats a positive...

doktor
Feb 5th, 2010, 06:57 AM
and she's not as fat as marion... thats a positive too...

Sectumsempra
Feb 5th, 2010, 07:15 AM
If she could play as well as Marion I'd be pretty damn happy

hdfb
Feb 6th, 2010, 05:04 AM
She can play better than Marion. Can. :sobbing:

Uranium
Mar 11th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'd rather she play 25Ks right about now.

SM
Mar 13th, 2010, 07:31 AM
She'd probably lose to someone like Adamczack right now though :o

Keadz
Mar 13th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Monique:hearts:

But yeah, not sure what to expect from Jelena anymore, right now a win at 25k qualies would be a positive :lol:

Hopefully she is able to just get that one win which could start a domino effect. She will be well outside the top 100 soon if she doesn't :unsure:

So Disrespectful
Mar 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I'd rather she play 25Ks right about now.

I'd rather she lose 25kgs right about now. :D

Gjtennis
Mar 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I'd rather she lose 25kgs right about now. :D

LMFAO :lol:

DokDi
Aug 28th, 2010, 09:50 AM
:cheer: Jelena will rock ITF Biella! :cheer:

Mashabator
Aug 28th, 2010, 10:11 AM
As long as she plays im happy mostly... but ill be 10000 times more happy if she wins :p