PDA

View Full Version : Someone has edited forum's html source and let Dreamweaver...

Marty-Dom
Mar 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
... close the body tag automatically. That's why now we get a band of background that's a whole screen tall and you have to scroll down to see messages.
Turn off "let Dreamweaver fix missing tags automatically" and redo the edits again from an older version of the file.

I had the same problem once with a forum I administered- that's how I recognized this symptom.

Marty-Dom
Mar 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM
In case the administrators are wondering what happened.
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=372901

Ryan
Mar 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks, I thought I was going craaaaaazy!

tennisbum79
Mar 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
... close the body tag automatically. That's why now we get a band of background that's a whole screen tall and you have to scroll down to see messages.
Turn off "let Dreamweaver fix missing tags automatically" and redo the edits again from an older version of the file.

I had the same problem once with a forum I administered- that's how I recognized this symptom.
thanx for the headsup

RR-87
Mar 10th, 2009, 08:41 PM
i visited board 10 times and saw that empty screen and did not even tried to scroll down the page thinking the board is dead :lol:

Marty-Dom
Mar 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
The forum seems to look normal in Internet Explorer for me. So it could be something related to Firefox (which I use exclusively now) and possibly the Adblocker plugin.

Matt.
Mar 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
It's like this in Safari too, so it's not solely related to Firefox.

drake3781
Mar 10th, 2009, 09:02 PM
omeone has edited forum's html source and let Dreamweaver...

It is a problem in Chrome too.

The instruction you provide is for the Administrators, not for us users, right?
Is there anything users can do?

I only got in here because if you go to www.tennisforum.com, then click right on the thread (not a Forum) you can get into it.

Hakapeszi
Mar 10th, 2009, 09:26 PM
no problem in Opera

Meelis
Mar 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Itīs only 2007 CSS skin that is affected. No problem with grey/blue/red.

Sean.
Mar 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I just changed from the red & white background and it was fine :)

Sean.
Mar 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM

Ya what he said :angel:

Hakapeszi
Mar 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM

I switched to 2007 CSS, and it's fine too.

FoxyliciousKhat
Mar 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM

Works for me as well but the blue is uber hard on the eyes.

Foxy

partbrit
Mar 11th, 2009, 03:06 PM
So it could be something related to Firefox (which I use exclusively now) and possibly the Adblocker plugin.

I don't have the Adblocker plugin, and I have the problem.

Ryan
Mar 11th, 2009, 05:25 PM
2007 CSS is the only one I can stand. The others are retarded. :weirdo: FIX PLEASE! ;)

truebluefan
Mar 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Tech was aware of this. There is a need to update the themes you are talking about.

We talked yesterday.

Ryan
Mar 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
:cool: Thats awesome, thanks tbf. :D

smiler
Mar 11th, 2009, 09:04 PM
delete

drake3781
Mar 12th, 2009, 12:06 AM
delete

It is still not fixed. :shrug:

Marty-Dom
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:21 AM
OK, for the Admin. In style sheet called "container" you have a property "height" specified as 100% and then again inherited from "body" tag in html part as 96.5555%. If you turn of the "height" property in both instances it all goes back to normal. I use Firebug plugin which makes this very easy to see first hand- changes to displayed source code are reflected in real-time. Highly recommended.

Sean.
Mar 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
OK, for the Admin. In style sheet called "container" you have a property "height" specified as 100% and then again inherited from "body" tag in html part as 96.5555%. If you turn of the "height" property in both instances it all goes back to normal. I use Firebug plugin which makes this very easy to see first hand- changes to displayed source code are reflected in real-time. Highly recommended.

You really know what you're talking about :yeah:

I have no idea what you said though :unsure:

Nikkiri
Mar 12th, 2009, 11:03 AM
The index is fine for me now with the css layout but as soon as you go into any other sections its not fixed.

drake3781
Mar 15th, 2009, 04:03 AM
This is taking a long time for following a small step with directions already provided, is it not? :shrug:

ArturoAce.
Mar 15th, 2009, 06:19 AM
you don't even know how crazy i went, when i kept trying to refresh because i nothing would appear.
but all i had to do was scroll down :lol: :sobbing:

TheAllan
Mar 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Until the fix arrives, I have the container's height property set to Auto for this domain using Greasemonkey. That solves it for the time being.

Sean.
Mar 15th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Is www.wtnphotos.com linked to this sight? Because that's gone weird also :smash:

drake3781
Mar 21st, 2009, 05:32 AM
Until the fix arrives, I have the container's height property set to Auto for this domain using Greasemonkey. That solves it for the time being.

Are you saying you fixed it for everybody?

TheAllan
Mar 21st, 2009, 04:02 PM
Are you saying you fixed it for everybody?
No, I don't have access to the source files. But it's possible to control how the pages display using the Firefox extension Greasemonkey. Installing that extension and creating a new userscript with the content below will fix it.

Just fill up name, namespace, description with whatever you want. The important thing is putting http://www.tennisforum.com/* under included pages.

And then the actual script:

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
var head, style;
head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
if (!head) { return; }
style = document.createElement('style');
style.type = 'text/css';
style.innerHTML = css;
head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('.container { height: auto ! important; }');

There are probably twenty other ways to do it, but this works.

drake3781
Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:11 AM
^^ OK, well it appears to be fixed here now. I use Chrome, btw. :p

Sean.
Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Yes mine wqas fixed a few days ago ;)

TheAllan
Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
Yes, the CSS has been changed, so no need for the Greasemonkey script any longer. The pages should display correctly in all browsers.