PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to this last ever event ?

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 8th, 2009, 07:29 PM
hopefully with all things going well at time
i'm hoping to go from Qualies to Wed. :angel: :wavey:

gonna miss the crepe van ........... pls take it to Nottingham if event moves there.

IMZ1981
Mar 18th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I'll be there on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday......
I hope the weather will be fine on that days.....

Super_Marion
Mar 19th, 2009, 12:43 AM
hopefully with all things going well at time
i'm hoping to go from Qualies to Wed. :angel: :wavey:

gonna miss the crepe van ........... pls take it to Nottingham if event moves there.

Are you based in UK? Cos I remember last year you were at these tournaments too.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 19th, 2009, 10:16 PM
yes i'm based in UK

Pdm1987
Mar 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm defintely going to the qualifying, and hopefully the monday and tuesday. But contemplating getting a whole weeks pass as it's the last ever event here :sad::fiery::fiery:

Inktrailer
Mar 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM
I'm going Thursday to Sunday, first tournament so can't wait:bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 21st, 2009, 02:42 PM
if you want tickets dont ring the 0844 number it costs a bomb

0121 7804141 will get you direct to the Birmingham ticket line.

bluepastures
Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
It'll just be the qualifying weekend for me.

jimbo mack
Apr 24th, 2009, 06:09 PM
i have booked tickets for quarter-finals day? does that mean i get to watch all 4 matches?

andrewbroad
Apr 24th, 2009, 11:51 PM
i have booked tickets for quarter-finals day? does that mean i get to watch all 4 matches?

The singles quarter-finals are usually played back to back on Centre Court on the Friday - although the English weather may have something to say about that! :rain:

DutchieGirl
May 1st, 2009, 04:43 AM
:wavey:

Do you have to pay for quallies, or is it free? I don't see any costs on their website for it. :unsure: Also, is it better to pre book?

TheBoiledEgg
May 1st, 2009, 05:05 AM
qualies is free

yes its better to pre-book but
probably all best seats have gone, you can still pay at gate.

DutchieGirl
May 1st, 2009, 05:24 AM
Well I only decided to go last week. :p Good that quallies are free (they are at the same venue I assume)?. ;) I don't know what days of MD I'll go to anyway so I'll probably just buy at the gate. ;) Thanks.

TheBoiledEgg
May 1st, 2009, 01:08 PM
yes its at same venue

you'll be seeing Mr Bean and Mr Clappy then :lol:

you coming over from NED or are you now another Aussie in UK, surely not coming for the cricket :spit:

adeegee
May 1st, 2009, 11:53 PM
I'm thinking of going to the tourney for the first time, could anyone answer these questions if possible please? :awww:

1) I was thinking of going on Sunday for qualies...would main draw players be there practicing as well?

2) Is there anywhere to park around the venue? Do you know the price?

3) I found this site ---> https://www.theticketfactory.com which apparently is selling tickets for Monday....it's only 15 for a ticket? Seems surprisingly cheap :lol: that's for the main court I presume? And it allows you to go on outside courts, right?

DutchieGirl
May 2nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
yes its at same venue

you coming over from NED or are you now another Aussie in UK, surely not coming for the cricket :spit:

I'm moving to NL (in 1 week). That was always my first preference. ;) So I'm coming over from NL....2ce in the month, coz I'll go to Wimby too! :lol:

Ahh yes, the famous Mr. Bean! Don't believe I read about Mr. Clappy though.... or maybe I just forgot. ;)

Hmm I don't really watch test match cricket so much - it's too long. I like one dayers or Twenty20. ;)

DutchieGirl
May 2nd, 2009, 12:15 AM
I'm thinking of going to the tourney for the first time, could anyone answer these questions if possible please? :awww:

1) I was thinking of going on Sunday for qualies...would main draw players be there practicing as well?

2) Is there anywhere to park around the venue? Do you know the price?

3) I found this site ---> https://www.theticketfactory.com which apparently is selling tickets for Monday....it's only 15 for a ticket? Seems surprisingly cheap :lol: that's for the main court I presume? And it allows you to go on outside courts, right?

On the Birmingham website it says where there is a car park nearby, and that it costs 10pounds a day. (It was in the how to get there section, which I'm still trying to figure out how to do by bus). :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
May 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
bus is just outside the New St Station (can get it from Navigation St or Corporation St), have to go thru Pallisades mall

catch the 61, 62, or 63 and get off at Sir Harry's Road, cross over to other side and walk up about 200m to club

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=406172&y=284660&z=1&sv=Sir+harrys+road&st=6&tl=Sir+Harrys+Road,+Edgbaston,+Birmingham,+B_15&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

when you get the bus, best to get the day saver, cos if its rainy you can always go down to the city centre, and get back if it stops without paying extra. (journey there and back = price of day saver)

Birmingham city centre MAP

http://www.aue.ac.uk/files/images/LocationmapofBirminghamcitycentre.pdf

TheBoiledEgg
May 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
adeegee

not sure about parking on Q days, other days you have to pay for it, Q days there's hardly anyone there.

and maindraw players will be there practising on the weekend :wavey:

yes you can watch outside courts :lol: i spend most of my time there.

watchdogfish
May 2nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
I might go on the Wednesday. It all depends if I have to do purgatory at work cos I'm at Queen's on the Monday! :lol:

Hope there's no rain this year :fiery:

DutchieGirl
May 3rd, 2009, 12:08 AM
bus is just outside the New St Station (can get it from Navigation St or Corporation St), have to go thru Pallisades mall

catch the 61, 62, or 63 and get off at Sir Harry's Road, cross over to other side and walk up about 200m to club

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=406172&y=284660&z=1&sv=Sir+harrys+road&st=6&tl=Sir+Harrys+Road,+Edgbaston,+Birmingham,+B_15&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

when you get the bus, best to get the day saver, cos if its rainy you can always go down to the city centre, and get back if it stops without paying extra. (journey there and back = price of day saver)

Birmingham city centre MAP

http://www.aue.ac.uk/files/images/LocationmapofBirminghamcitycentre.pdf

Aren't you just a font of info? :p Thanks. I think I'm staying near New St. station too. :banana: (I did book something, but I forgot already where it was!). :lol: Hmm can you use oyster cards in Birmingham, or is that only London?

TheBoiledEgg
May 3rd, 2009, 12:34 AM
Aren't you just a font of info? :p Thanks. I think I'm staying near New St. station too. :banana: (I did book something, but I forgot already where it was!). :lol: Hmm can you use oyster cards in Birmingham, or is that only London?

London only

bluepastures
May 3rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
About the Birmingham buses, try to make sure you have some loose change with you, as none of the Birmingham buses give any change!
They are thinking about expanding Oyster outside London, but certainly won't be this year.

DutchieGirl
May 4th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Hmm thanks guys. I still have some coins from last year. I'll remember to keep them for the buses. ;)

*Jean*
May 4th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Ooh I miss Birmingham :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
May 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM
think last yr was 3 for a day saver
probably gone up since

Pdm1987
May 4th, 2009, 12:36 PM
think last yr was 3 for a day saver
probably gone up since

http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-and-prices/daytickets/Daysaver/1/

http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-and-prices/cash-fares.jsp

Inktrailer
May 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM

http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-and-prices/daytickets/Daysaver/1/

http://www.travelwm.co.uk/tickets-and-prices/cash-fares.jsp

Thanks, that'll come in handy for me too! :)

bluepastures
May 4th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Also, for people who haven't booked hotels, there are a few decent hotels on Hagley Road within easy walking distance of the venue. They tend to be a bit cheaper than comparable hotels in the city centre. Personally, I'm staying in the centre (at the Britannia, this year) as there's more choice of restaurants / pubs / bars for the evenings.

DutchieGirl
May 5th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I'm staying at a hostel coz I'm doing this on the cheap so I can travel more in Europe. :p The place I'm staying is about 10mins walk from New St station.

Where exactly is the "centre" of Birmingham anyway?

Ben.
May 5th, 2009, 01:34 AM
^^
So you're going to the French Open, this tournament, Ordina Open, The Kim-Misa exho, and then Wimbledon. Lot of tennis ;) :)

DutchieGirl
May 5th, 2009, 02:29 AM
^^
So you're going to the French Open, this tournament, Ordina Open, The Kim-Misa exho, and then Wimbledon. Lot of tennis ;) :)
Kim-Misa exo is AT Ordina Open. :p I'm also going to a couple of days of Budapest and Prague too. :p

TheBoiledEgg
May 5th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Where exactly is the "centre" of Birmingham anyway?

somewhere in the middle, thats why its called the centre :p

Drake1980
May 5th, 2009, 04:42 AM
I will be going on the Wed. most likely. :D

DutchieGirl
May 5th, 2009, 07:52 AM
somewhere in the middle, thats why its called the centre :p
Oh now THAT'S helpful. :worship: :p

bluepastures
May 5th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Being only 10 mins walk away from New St station is relatively central! The greatest number of restaurants / bars are actually on and around Broad Street which is about 10 minutes walk to the west of New Street station, though there are a few places either side of New Street station itself. The main shopping area is around the Bull ring 5 minutes walk to the east of New Street station.

TheBoiledEgg
May 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM
thats where you wanna go....
check that pdf map i put up........ go along New St and just go past Central Library, thru Symphony Hall and you end up on Broad St, lots of Bars and Clubs

there's an Aussie, South African Bar along there, where the players hang out/stay after end of play.

DutchieGirl
May 6th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Hmm I'm staying about 10mins walk east of New St. station, but oh well, it doesn't look too bad on the map. :p

Aussie/South African bar? :bolt: I don't wanna run into a certain South African. :angel: Hmm do they show AFL there? :p

Ben.
May 6th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Kim-Misa exo is AT Ordina Open. :p I'm also going to a couple of days of Budapest and Prague too. :p

Yeah I knew the Kim-Misa exho was at the Ordina Open. I thought I would put that separately ;) :p

Lots of travelling now :) and packing to do :lol:

lynxy
May 9th, 2009, 10:22 AM
The 4 outside courts of the Priory club aren't much good for taking photos. Only the one on the left is, and the right is obscured by the fence. Apparently they aren't all that much better for playing on! I welcome the less precious atmosphere and arrangements there though. I'm nostalgic at the idea that people like Jonathan could get away with almost chasing players round the tent in circles for autographs. Well, it's like a $200k tournament... If you want to get treated like royalty just play the grand slams and make sure you keep winning them.

Drake1980
May 14th, 2009, 03:32 AM
I got my train ticket from London to Birmingham just now. I'm officially going to Birmingham on the Wed.! :D :bounce: :woohoo:

TheBoiledEgg
May 17th, 2009, 05:59 PM
hope you didnt pay alot for your rail ticket :o
train tickets in UK = complete rip off, esp early morning

a taxi ride probably save you twice as much.

DutchieGirl
May 18th, 2009, 07:34 AM
hope you didnt pay alot for your rail ticket :o
train tickets in UK = complete rip off, esp early morning

a taxi ride probably save you twice as much.
Virgin rail are way cheap. :p I paid 12.50pounds for a return London-Birmingham. :p

Cirstea
May 18th, 2009, 11:23 PM
yes its at same venue

There's a reason to go all in itself :lol:

I keep seeing Mr Bean at Birmingham, Eastbourne and Wimbledon, not had the pleasure of seeing Mr Clappy yet though :P

RayRob
May 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hi All, not been on this forum for absolutely ages - sadly the world of full-time work has dragged me away from tennis...particularly watching it on TV!

I almost wasn't going to go to B'ham this year - I had no idea it was the last time it was to be held. I bought a ticket for the Semi's on the Saturday, this morning because I couldn't bare the thought of not going. This will be my 10th year running!

I discovered last year that if you get there early enough (only on weekends) that there was some free parking areas; on the triangle area where Ampton Road meets Church Road. I got there about half hour or so before gates open and comfortably got a space. Hopefully it hasn't stopped or else I'll be parking for 10 in the muddy field!

So, what's happening to the event? Is it moving (I heard rumours last year) or just been taken out of the schedule?

Rache

TheBoiledEgg
May 27th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Birmingham not re-applying for the licence cos LTA asking too much :rolleyes: and want them up upgrade facilities :o

no doubt LTA will stick this tourn somewhere in the South East where all their old farts congregate :rolleyes:

Manchester-Didsbury please :) :)
40 mins to get there for me :)

Nottingham 2nd choice.

IMZ1981
May 28th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I've ordered tickets for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I've paid the tickets but unfortunately I haven't got the tickets yet.
So I want to know, if it's possible to buy tickets near the tournament.

RayRob
May 28th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Manchester-Didsbury please :) :)
40 mins to get there for me :)

Nottingham 2nd choice.

Is Didsbury a high possibility, or is it just wishful thinking? I work in Macclesfield so Didsbury's not really all that far away, so that would also be my first choice! I think the Priory Club is a great venue...very relaxed, it's a shame because I'm really going to miss it!

IMZ1981: One year my tickets didn't turn up the week before the event, so I gave them a call and they let me pick my tickets up from the on-site box office - I think I just had to show them the card that I used to pay for them.

TheBoiledEgg
May 28th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I've ordered tickets for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I've paid the tickets but unfortunately I haven't got the tickets yet.
So I want to know, if it's possible to buy tickets near the tournament.

u in UK ?
they sent the tickets out today
if you ordered from Ticket Factory have your ref # and call them on
(44) 121 780 3127

Cirstea
May 29th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Can I assume it's safe to turn up on the day and buy a ticket then, Monday/Tuesday?

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Can I assume it's safe to turn up on the day and buy a ticket then, Monday/Tuesday?

gates open at 10, practice courts right in front of box office
you'll probably get tickets for early in week at gate.

too many school parties come as well :o

Cirstea
May 29th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah, screaming school kids chasing anyone with a racquet bag :P

I have 2 days booked off and want to be flexible (depending on Order of Play per day etc...). I may just book the Monday and Tuesday to be on the safe side.

Thanks TBE :)

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2009, 08:37 AM
if you really wanna see Sori, 1st rd its either Mon or Tue.
2r is Tue and Wed.

only bad news is we got good weather for next 5-6 days
cant see that sticking around for a week after :help:

Cirstea
May 29th, 2009, 08:46 AM
The Yearly worry about the weather, order of play etc... hehe

Well, my main focus for Birmingham is to hopefully see Sorana, Masha, Lil Masha and Jarmila Groth :)

I have really great drawings of Lil Masha and Masha I ideally want to get autographed. Just wish I knew the Player representative for the event :sad:

IMZ1981
May 29th, 2009, 11:09 AM
u in UK ?
they sent the tickets out today
if you ordered from Ticket Factory have your ref # and call them on
(44) 121 780 3127

no. I'm from Germany.

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM
^ then it depends on the mail getting from UK to Germany and to your house.

when you coming here ?

IMZ1981
May 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
It's my 3rd time in Birmingham. The first one 2007 on Thursday - you remember......rain rain rain.....

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM
i meant when you leaving to arrive in UK

IMZ1981
May 29th, 2009, 06:28 PM
on Tuesday (9/6/09) early morning

jonny84
May 29th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Just booked tickets for the Friday online. Is it right that all quarter finals will play on the main court on the Fri (obv weather permitting)

TheBoiledEgg
May 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM
yes all QF are normally on Centre Court.
they might shift one cos of doubles

Cirstea
May 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Just booked for Monday and Tuesday. Just need to do my 'No rain' dance :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
weather looks like going down the ****hole come weekend

been brill here for last week
now :fiery:

just hope it looks better come the time.

IMZ1981
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Do you know a website with a weather forecast?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Do you know a website with a weather forecast?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2102

there's also a local video forecast in that link

watchdogfish
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Metcheck gives a longer term forecast and lots of detail if you click on a particular day

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=birmingham

Cirstea
Jun 2nd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Well, I don't mind it it's overcast....just hope there is minimal rain. That twinned with not knowing whether Maria or Sorana will still appear here is a big concern :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:07 PM
was looking to goto qualies but it looks bad on Sat, (Sun looks iffy too) they probably play both rds indoors which makes a bit of a mockery of things.
plus no one is allowed in there unless you know how ;)

only_one_maria
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
If it is so hard to get into this tournament because it's so well attended, why the hell are they getting rid of it?

I intended to go to Birmingham but would it be easier getting into Wimbledon?

Cirstea
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
If it is so hard to get into this tournament because it's so well attended, why the hell are they getting rid of it?

I think you will get inside okay on the day, you just may not get a ticket to the centre court stand later in the week. Hard to gauge. I would say Birmingham is much easier than Wimbledon though...Wimbledon is a nightmare unless you have tickets already (early rise, lots of queuing etc...).

Hope that helps

DutchieGirl
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
was looking to goto qualies but it looks bad on Sat, (Sun looks iffy too) they probably play both rds indoors which makes a bit of a mockery of things.
plus no one is allowed in there unless you know how ;)
Hmm in that case, maybe I don't bother. :lol:

only_one_maria
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
There's no way I'm buying tickets in advance. I want to know the OOP and the weather forecast.

Out of interest, what is the likely ground attendance going to be? There's very little stuff on the internet about the place.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:41 PM

they (LTA) want the EPC to upgrade facilities and pay for it (dunno why) cos its fine as it is, its a club.
they gonna auction it off to the best bid :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
no doubt it will be somewhere around London :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

there's no queue here to speak of :lol: its pretty busy all week.
outside courts you'll find as many there as on the main court.

IMZ1981
Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
I havent got my ordered tickets yet but I don't give up hope....

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 2nd, 2009, 09:38 PM
WTF 10C on Sunday :eek: :help:

from seeing pressure charts i'm not optimistic at all... :(

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:05 PM
Where will the event move???? Hopefully it stays in GB

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:32 AM
its not moving out of GB

jake270392
Jun 3rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
I would imagine somewhere in the North, maybe Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool or Newcastle.

Cirstea
Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:50 AM
Tickets arrived yesterday...now just need average weather...no rain please! :P

only_one_maria
Jun 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Is the event as well attended as Eastbourne?

I just hope that wherever it goes, they get good crowds.

Cirstea
Jun 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Not as well attended as Eastbourne, that's my impression anyway. Shame it's moving as there is a really nice feel to the EPC.

only_one_maria
Jun 3rd, 2009, 01:46 PM
at least the people here dont all need zimmer frames

hehehe :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
at least the people here dont all need zimmer frames

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 3rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
now Saturday looks good
pls stay that way, Sat forecast changes day by day

Richie's
Jun 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM
The tournament maybe will move out of England...

IMZ1981
Jun 3rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
I have got my tickets today.:bounce::bounce:

A_S
Jun 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
not posted here in aaaggeees but yes, as ever going. Very very sad that its the last one but also surprised as i thought last years was the last...! Will be going both qualifying days with my SLR and might take a day off work if the weather looks good during the week :)

andrewbroad
Jun 4th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I've a strong hunch that this tournament may move to Nottingham next year, because the ATP tournament there has moved to Eastbourne this year, and because Nottingham is Laura Robson's favourite city.

The other rumours I've seen are Liverpool and Lord's.

Monica_Rules
Jun 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Liverpool would be good, closer for me to get to.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 4th, 2009, 04:03 PM
forecast now for Sat says heavy showers :( :fiery:

gonna wait till sat am to decide whether or not to go.

Cirstea
Jun 4th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, looking very hit and miss for the weekend and early next week :(

When are the Q and MD draws available? :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 4th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Q draw Fri afternoon after 4pm

MD Sat 12:00

Cirstea
Jun 4th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Much appreciated :)

serenus_2k8
Jun 4th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Lpool would be nice. Perhaps the LTA is testing the waters by hosting the DC there, to see if people are interested enough in tennis, who knows. I know there is an exho event in Lpool already, with Mardy Fish and MLDB playing there, with a couple of British players too - I think Liam Broady might be one. It might lack starpower but I know several people who went and really enjoyed it.

A_S
Jun 4th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Living in Birmingham this has always been ideal for me, but if it does go i hope it stays north. I would be very angry if they moved everything london/southern centric, because its already far too bias in that direction as it is

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM
forecast goes from bad to dreadful :help:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2102

Elisse
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Wonder if our 'old friends' Mr.Bean and Mr.Clappy will be there for the last Birmingham tourney :devil:

Wouldn't be the same without seeing them in the background of everyone's photos!!! hahaha :lol:

Noctis
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Going! also to the liverpool Exo :D

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 5th, 2009, 01:14 PM
its gonna be a complete washout this weekend

the same rain system is gonna go round and round in a circle and dump rain all over :fiery:
Mon & Tue dont look much better :help:

qualies will definately be indoors.

Adrian.
Jun 5th, 2009, 01:47 PM
:lol:
Only rain the next days:help::haha:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 6th, 2009, 11:22 AM
what a shit week its gonna be :(

last ever event here looks likely to be a washout :help:

this is what the courts look like without anything

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1420/edgbastonprioryclubd.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=edgbastonprioryclubd.jpg)

Drake1980
Jun 9th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Sergei could you give me instructions on how to get there for Birmingham train station again? I was there a couple years ago but don't remember the bus information. Thank you so much.

Elisse
Jun 10th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Has there been any sightings yet of our old friends...Mr.Bean and Mr.Clappy? :lol: ;)

Sammm
Jun 10th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Has there been any sightings yet of our old friends...Mr.Bean and Mr.Clappy? :lol: ;)

Yes! Mr Bean had a lot to say about Mattek and her new hair colour.:lol: The guy knows his stuff though.

RayRob
Jun 10th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I have tickets for Saturday. Yesterday, the weather for Saturday seemed like it was going to be cloudy with sunny spells, today it says rain! :( Sunday is Heavey Rain!!!! If the weather forcast changes, I'd rather it be in favour of the Thursday/Friday forecast!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 10th, 2009, 11:44 AM
at least the event is gonna be back next yr :)

didnt go today, saw forecast and not worth 2+ hrs there.
probably be more play today than i thought but oh well

RayRob
Jun 10th, 2009, 01:18 PM
at least the event is gonna be back next yr :)

Huh?! I thought this was the last year. Can you explain what's changed now? Thanks :D

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Huh?! I thought this was the last year. Can you explain what's changed now? Thanks :D

looks like they done what was asked
got a stand up by court1 too, i preferred the chairs

got security on outside courts too :o

i asked the club president and told me it was back here 100%

Joe.
Jun 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
oh thats good:)
eggy, have u got any pictures/ videos from when u went yesterday?:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 10th, 2009, 05:39 PM
oh thats good:)
eggy, have u got any pictures/ videos from when u went yesterday?:)

got some clips but i lost my SD card reader, so hopefully when i can get one i'll put them up........ hope before weekend

Shepster
Jun 10th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Forecast *touch wood* pretty good for tomorrow, I'll be heading down again.

RayRob
Jun 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I checked the forecast for the weekend again today and it's looking good again - highs of 20 degrees C for Saturday! Woohoo! Whether this is true or not is anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

mthomas73
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM

Hi

I am trying to work out who Mr Bean is! Is he kinda short & always taking pics with his camera? Head slightly leaned to the side? I've been attending a number of years now..

Please tell me the suspense is killing me!

Cirstea
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
That be him ;)

Elisse
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Hi

I am trying to work out who Mr Bean is! Is he kinda short & always taking pics with his camera? Head slightly leaned to the side? I've been attending a number of years now..

Please tell me the suspense is killing me!

lol..yeah that's him!!! :lol: ;) Have you seen him at Birmingham this year?

Drake1980
Jun 12th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I was there on Wed. Was a great day before the rains came(although I had to leave at 5pmish anyway). I finally saw Mr. Bean. He was wearing a UB40 hat. He kept trying to get my Media Guide from me. :scared::lol:

Shepster
Jun 12th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Lol, I have, he spent half the Magda/Jie match shouting out "IT'S ZHENG, NOT ZHUNG!!!!!" every time the umpire called the score, before asking the person next to him "Is her first name Zheng or Jie?" "Jie" "So it's Jie?" "Yes" "So that's the family name?" "No that's Zheng" "So which do you say first..." over and over and over. The more info he got given the more he kept asking again in circles, real life trolling, it's impressive :lol:

He was also, during the Sania/Nastya match, letting one of the photographers know that he thought Kirilenko was better looking than Sharapova, "the best looking female tennis player *ON THE PLANET*" and that he would marry her. Response from the bloke was "yeah, well, she wouldn't marry you though, would she?" ;)

Alicia Molik
Jun 13th, 2009, 10:21 PM

I seen him on Monday. At least I think it's him anyway, I took a photo of him. :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 13th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Mr Bean is always here.......... and always has a carrier bag with him at all times :lol:

i uploaded my clips finally

http://www.dailymotion.com/TheBoiledEgg/1

RayRob
Jun 17th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Probably a bit late to ask this. I went last Saturday and there was this guy a couple of seats down from me who chatted to me a few times. He seemed to be a bit Maria obsessed. Anyway, he made out like he was friends with the players...giving me some faux story about he was having a bit of tet-a-tet with Maria Sharapova and her coach. Then in later conversations, he was basically saying he was 'mates' with Lisa Raymond, Cara Black and Liezel Huber. During the Black/Huber doubles semi, he adopted coach-like mannerisms. Very difficult to explain, but a couple of times, he would stick his thumbs up at them if they happened to be glancing our way, as well as doing the whole "nod of approval thing", again if they happened to be facing our direction.

He sort of carried an air about him as if he was some sort of important person on the WTA Tour. For example, he wore a blue shirt which had a sewn on "Sony Ericsson WTA Tour" badge. He also had a Sony Ericsson lanyard around his neck, but the end (supposedly with the "all important VIP pass") was tucked into his shirt. Not once did I see him enter a restricted area. As well as his Kodak camera (that tried to be a DSLR), he had a handy cam miniDV, which he recorded a lot of Maria! He wore a green cap too and was as red as a lobster having not put on his sun screen.

Did anyone else see this guy? Also, I spotted Mr. Clappy from a distance in Stand D on Saturday. When a point was won by Na Li, I heard this familiar clapping pattern. I turned to see the bright, white suit of Mr Clappy behind the TV camera in Stand D. I later heard him on his phone telling someone that of the two who got to the final, he didn't mind who would go on to win.

Inktrailer
Jun 18th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Mr Bean stayed in the same guesthouse as me. Seriously, a big :o for him.