PDA

View Full Version : Alizé surf in USA***

améliemomo
Mar 6th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Alize is actually in France to cure her shoulder but be probably playing Indian Wells next week:)

it will be the first time for her in this tournament,last year she didnt play it so there will be a good opportunity to win some precious points and boost her confidence.

Well I just hope she'll be healthy and make a good run there

Allez!!

Dinayer
Mar 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Allez Alize!

hopefully her shoulder wont bother her :hug:

Charlieflip
Mar 6th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Lol when I saw this thread I thought Alize was actually surfing in the US I was like wtf :P

Yeah I really hope she will do well, however Im worried her shoulder wont have healed fully.

améliemomo
Mar 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
lol charlieflip, I found this title thread because of california and their famouss beach, so surf is a cool thing to do for our alize

I'm worried too about her shoulder,but well it has to be an end of this injury,its been since the begining of the year that shehas to cop with that pain.
She's apparently going to be the seed n°11. I hope she'll be in radwanska,azarenka or kuznetsova part of the draw

Charlieflip
Mar 7th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Really? She had this injury in AO already? She did so well, she almost beat safina.

tea
Mar 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM
New here.:wavey:
To tell the truth, I don't want to see Alize playing with a shoulder problem right now.:(
She better be healthy for the US tournaments or not to play them. Clay is the surface that matter, and I want to believe she's preparing her best up to it.:)
Really? She had this injury in AO already? She did so well, she almost beat safina.
Shock. Well, it's okay when you play a GS event with an injury... but why on earth that Dubai has been played?:rolleyes: She must care of herself, she must!:o

Charlieflip
Mar 8th, 2009, 09:26 AM
New here.:wavey:
To tell the truth, I don't want to see Alize playing with a shoulder problem right now.:(
She better be healthy for the US tournaments or not to play them. Clay is the surface that matter, and I want to believe she's preparing her best up to it.:)

Shock. Well, it's okay when you play a GS event with an injury... but why on earth that Dubai has been played?:rolleyes: She must care of herself, she must!:o

Well, Im not surprised she would play a GS with a injury. Im surprised she played so extremely well. She had 3 matchballs against Safina and would certainly beat Dokic to reach the final.

Welcome to the forum.

améliemomo
Mar 8th, 2009, 11:09 AM
yes to answer you charlieflip,she felt that problem,pain in her shoulder since the off season,when she played interclubs in france and if she played good against safina it is because she had an "infiltration" to make her not feel the pain.
She's a brave girl who loves her sport,thats why she kept playing in dubai.
She better has to be wise and see her priorities.But well I hope she'll get better.

Welcome tea:wavey:

tea
Mar 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Well, Im not surprised she would play a GS with a injury. Im surprised she played so extremely well. She had 3 matchballs against Safina and would certainly beat Dokic to reach the final.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcomes you and améliemomo.:)

I can undestand your surprise - she played that well at the AO with an injury, how can she play without it? No one know but better, yes? We need to wait that moment.;) French Open this year might be this moment.

Matchpoints vs Safina were all about her, Safina. I mean it's not like Alize lost that match, it's the powerful Safina woke up and destroyed our tiny Cornet.;)

As for Dubai I think it was a mistake to play it. But I must to agree with améliemomo - she is such a fighter, Alize.:worship:

Anyone who knows French, is in a link below any interesting news?:angel:
http://www.alizecornet.fr/fr/2009/02/interview-alize-cornet-bilan-2009-1/

Alizé Molik
Mar 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
super le titre amémomo! I predict a QF somewhere :D

louisa.
Mar 8th, 2009, 12:18 PM
good luck! :bounce:

Charlieflip
Mar 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the welcomes you and améliemomo.:)

I can undestand your surprise - she played that well at the AO with an injury, how can she play without it? No one know but better, yes? We need to wait that moment.;) French Open this year might be this moment.

Matchpoints vs Safina were all about her, Safina. I mean it's not like Alize lost that match, it's the powerful Safina woke up and destroyed our tiny Cornet.;)

As for Dubai I think it was a mistake to play it. But I must to agree with améliemomo - she is such a fighter, Alize.:worship:

Anyone who knows French, is in a link below any interesting news?:angel:
http://www.alizecornet.fr/fr/2009/02/interview-alize-cornet-bilan-2009-1/

I don't agree with you. I was at that match, between Cornet and Safina. And as soon as cornet was getting near to victory, she started to get nervous. That destroyed her. She fell into a slump which she couldn't get out of. I think Cornet can beat Safina any day.

tea
Mar 8th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I don't agree with you. I was at that match, between Cornet and Safina. And as soon as cornet was getting near to victory, she started to get nervous. That destroyed her. She fell into a slump which she couldn't get out of. I think Cornet can beat Safina any day.
:rolleyes:Now I don't agree with you. Glad you was in Melbourne at that match but I watched it on TV as well. I think Cornet can NOT beat Safina any day. At the moment, on hardcourt. Alize has no game to beat the pushers on fast courts, it's obvious. She depends on how well the opponent play. After all she has defensive gamestyle and it can't be changed rapidly. THe emotions destroy her very very often, true. Her emotions is an another topic.;) But believe me there are players on a definite surfaces who always will beat her if they are in form.

Charlieflip
Mar 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
:rolleyes:Now I don't agree with you. Glad you was in Melbourne at that match but I watched it on TV as well. I think Cornet can NOT beat Safina any day. At the moment, on hardcourt. Alize has no game to beat the pushers on fast courts, it's obvious. She depends on how well the opponent play. After all she has defensive gamestyle and it can't be changed rapidly. THe emotions destroy her very very often, true. Her emotions is an another topic.;) But believe me there are players on a definite surfaces who always will beat her if they are in form.

Hm ok. Well first off, you said that Alize has no game with hardcourt-smasher, in the very same game we are discussing I can prove you wrong. And about Alize having a defensive gamestyle, Im not exactly sure. I mean everything in her game is built to be defensive (top-spin master), but her attack is very strong too when she gains advantage. I wouldn't call her a defensive player, even though her defense is her strong side.
And her emotions- I personally love cornet so much for her emotions. Its often her downfall, yes, but its also her wining formula. And trust me when I say that that's the reason she could beat anyone.

Yes, I belive you that there are players that would beat her if they are in form, of course. All I'm saying is that it could easily be the other way around.

tea
Mar 8th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Hm ok. Well first off, you said that Alize has no game with hardcourt-smasher, in the very

same game we are discussing I can prove you wrong. And about Alize having a defensive gamestyle, Im not exactly sure. I

mean everything in her game is built to be defensive (top-spin master), but her attack is very strong too when she gains

advantage. I wouldn't call her a defensive player, even though her defense is her strong side.
And her emotions- I personally love cornet so much for her emotions. Its often her downfall, yes, but its also her wining

formula. And trust me when I say that that's the reason she could beat anyone.

Yes, I belive you that there are players that would beat her if they are in form, of course. All I'm saying is that it

could easily be the other way around.
First of all, thanks for the wide response.:) Now I can undestand your position about her game. I am not determining her

as a defence-only player, no. I was telling you that she is too young and too powerless to beat the monsters like Safine,

even having 3 matchpoins or so.

Actually, I love her for the same reason as you.;) For the emotions. But I do not agree that emotions will help her to

beat anyone.:p Watch the top WTA players atm - does they have any kind of emotions on court? No, they doesn't. Watch the ATP's Federer-Nadal pair - yes, one of them likes to cry:lol: but after the match. Oh, I mean that when Alize throws her

emotions away from the court, she ll become a star. We felt in love already, so we will survive without her on-court

attitude.:D

Charlieflip
Mar 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM
First of all, thanks for the wide response.:) Now I can undestand your position about her game. I am not determining her

as a defence-only player, no. I was telling you that she is too young and too powerless to beat the monsters like Safine,

even having 3 matchpoins or so.

Actually, I love her for the same reason as you.;) For the emotions. But I do not agree that emotions will help her to

beat anyone.:p Watch the top WTA players atm - does they have any kind of emotions on court? No, they doesn't. Watch the ATP's Federer-Nadal pair - yes, one of them likes to cry:lol: but after the match. Oh, I mean that when Alize throws her

emotions away from the court, she ll become a star. We felt in love already, so we will survive without her on-court

attitude.:D
Okok back off a moment. haha :)

If you want, I can name many players who show emotions on court. I mean you used nadal as an example for NOT showing emotions. I belive the opposite, he shows loads of emotions.
As for WTA, its just to look at another great WTA player- Ana Ivanovic. Sport without emotions isnt nothing. And Im still very certain it can help you win aswell as help you loose. Of course I belive in the victourious bit more.

I don't know if I understood you right, but you're actually saying that you don't think Alize could beat Safina even if she has 3 matchballs? That's just sick man :eek:

Im sorry mate, I have the opposite philosophy of yours; emotions ON court, and preferably take them away when off court, at least in front of media.

tea
Mar 8th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Okok back off a moment. haha :)

If you want, I can name many players who show emotions on court. I mean you used nadal as an example for NOT showing emotions. I belive the opposite, he shows loads of emotions.
As for WTA, its just to look at another great WTA player- Ana Ivanovic. Sport without emotions isnt nothing. And Im still very certain it can help you win aswell as help you loose. Of course I belive in the victourious bit more.

I don't know if I understood you right, but you're actually saying that you don't think Alize could beat Safina even if she has 3 matchballs? That's just sick man :eek:

Im sorry mate, I have the opposite philosophy of yours; emotions ON court, and preferably take them away when off court, at least in front of media.
Shame this Alize's forum has no 'chat' or 'off-topic' thread, because our discussion seems just at the beginning.:lol:

Let's start. The emotions on court. Nadal?:eek: Sorry, but he shows no emotions on court. Absolutely ZERO emotions. And I'm not putting Nadal as an example, Fed is the better example in a mental department. He was.:rolleyes: Anyway WTA is not ATP, okay. Ivanovic? She is not that emotional that Alize is. She has more natural power, but less talent in tennis comparing to Alize. And I'm sure you will not agree with me in this term.:p
Yes, you understand me right. Alize can not beat Safina-like player even having 3 matchpoints. It can happen random but not regular.

And don't be sorry about the different philosophy.:p As the fans of the same player we must be united.:D It's just a matter of time when we undrestand each other.

btw, your signature is awesome!:D

Charlieflip
Mar 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Shame this Alize's forum has no 'chat' or 'off-topic' thread, because our discussion seems just at the beginning.:lol:

Let's start. The emotions on court. Nadal?:eek: Sorry, but he shows no emotions on court. Absolutely ZERO emotions. And I'm not putting Nadal as an example, Fed is the better example in a mental department. He was.:rolleyes: Anyway WTA is not ATP, okay. Ivanovic? She is not that emotional that Alize is. She has more natural power, but less talent in tennis comparing to Alize. And I'm sure you will not agree with me in this term.:p
Yes, you understand me right. Alize can not beat Safina-like player even having 3 matchpoints. It can happen random but not regular.

And don't be sorry about the different philosophy.:p As the fans of the same player we must be united.:D It's just a matter of time when we undrestand each other.

btw, your signature is awesome!:D

You're saying that Nadal shows Zero emotions on court. This could just have one logical explanation which would explain alot; we have a diffrent view on what "emotions" mean. Here, I'll just show you what I mean and at the same time show that Nadal shows big emotions on court. However, I agree that Federer shows very little emotions on court. He too however, shows a minor drop of excitement from time to time. But his calmness is impressive.
I didn't found any good proof of nadal's emotions Im afraid, I maybe just didn't look long enough. But here is an excellent example of on-court emoitions by ana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQCrUkekqQ

Also, I really don't agree that Alizé has more talent than Ana really. I belive Ana is the most talented girl on the tour. But of course Alizé has enormous talent. I still can't belive really that you don't think that Alize can't beat Dinara.
And you posted earlier that Alizé is too powerless? For her age, she is extremly powerful and dynamic. In a few years she will beat Safina with her left arm :)

Thanks for the comment about my sig! And I agree with you with the rest of your ending :)

améliemomo
Mar 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
if I can join to your discussion guys I would say that nadal WAS showing much of emotions at the same age of alize.I still remember his loud VAMOS! and fist pump. I was like:eek:is that his left arm??
but by the years passed, he became more "neutral", not showing many emotions to the opponent.I think we can call it "maturity".
I think girls are more emotionate,there are some who can handle it quite easily and others who need to get matured.

I think alize belongs to the last category.She lives in a match,she's not a ghost.Of course she needs to control and dominate her emotions to become a great player.Even if she has lost to the very experienced safina.I think alize is a smart girl who learn from her errors. She improved a lot in her attitude if compared to last year.
Still so young,I think she can do great things if she can mature:)

tea
Mar 9th, 2009, 10:23 PM
You're saying that Nadal shows Zero emotions on court. This could just have one logical explanation which would explain alot; we have a diffrent view on what "emotions" mean. Here, I'll just show you what I mean and at the same time show that Nadal shows big emotions on court. However, I agree that Federer shows very little emotions on court. He too however, shows a minor drop of excitement from time to time. But his calmness is impressive.
I didn't found any good proof of nadal's emotions Im afraid, I maybe just didn't look long enough. But here is an excellent example of on-court emoitions by ana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQCrUkekqQ

Also, I really don't agree that Alizé has more talent than Ana really. I belive Ana is the most talented girl on the tour. But of course Alizé has enormous talent. I still can't belive really that you don't think that Alize can't beat Dinara.
And you posted earlier that Alizé is too powerless? For her age, she is extremly powerful and dynamic. In a few years she will beat Safina with her left arm :)
Umm, Ana shows emotions on court: that fist pump, you know. In the youtube video you post. But it's not the emotions that Alize shows. She cries, she throws the racket, she is a wild girl who can not keep herself consistant during the match.

About the talent, maybe I'm wrong.:p Let's state that Ana and Alize are equal talanted. Ana has more natural power, Alize has more natural movement, Ana has more natural forehand, Alize has more different swings with the shots etc.

Back to the Safina match. Yes, I still believe that she can not beat her on fast court.:rolleyes: I'd love to believe that she'll beat Safina in a few years...

At the moment I even can't undestand who is defending Alize more, you or me?:D

if I can join to your discussion guys I would say that nadal WAS showing much of emotions at the same age of alize.I still remember his loud VAMOS! and fist pump. I was like:eek:is that his left arm??
but by the years passed, he became more "neutral", not showing many emotions to the opponent.I think we can call it "maturity".
I think girls are more emotionate,there are some who can handle it quite easily and others who need to get matured.

I think alize belongs to the last category.She lives in a match,she's not a ghost.Of course she needs to control and dominate her emotions to become a great player.Even if she has lost to the very experienced safina.I think alize is a smart girl who learn from her errors. She improved a lot in her attitude if compared to last year.
Still so young,I think she can do great things if she can mature:)
Agree with you in a total.:)
I don't follow Nadal's career but believe me he doesn't changed very much. Comparing when he was 18 years old or so. Again, it is Federer who changed, when become older:p Anyway, let we forget it. Because girls are no the same that boys.:D

Let's wait the draw of IW. It will release in the night of european time?

tea
Mar 9th, 2009, 10:49 PM
The draw is out -> http://www.bnpparibasopen.org/4/assets/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/4/assets/pdfs/draws/09WTA_MDS1.pdf

Pretty good draw, on the first look. Still, match after match this time...

améliemomo
Mar 9th, 2009, 11:00 PM
yes especially with her shoulder:unsure:

ALLEZ!!:bounce:

Dinayer
Mar 10th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Allez Alize!!

its a good draw :D

améliemomo
Mar 10th, 2009, 10:03 AM
yes good draw,she's in a "slumpy radwanska" quarter,her draw can be zakopalova,kind of tricky player but alize should pass her, then agnes szavay,radwanska and if she's still ok to go on,she could face jelena jankovic;

yes good draw cause no power hitters till quarter finale

Charlieflip
Mar 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Umm, Ana shows emotions on court: that fist pump, you know. In the youtube video you post. But it's not the emotions that Alize shows. She cries, she throws the racket, she is a wild girl who can not keep herself consistant during the match.

About the talent, maybe I'm wrong.:p Let's state that Ana and Alize are equal talanted. Ana has more natural power, Alize has more natural movement, Ana has more natural forehand, Alize has more different swings with the shots etc.

Back to the Safina match. Yes, I still believe that she can not beat her on fast court.:rolleyes: I'd love to believe that she'll beat Safina in a few years...

At the moment I even can't undestand who is defending Alize more, you or me?:D

Alright I agree with you on that, the negative emotions are bad; crying, throwing the raquet etc. But I haven't seen her doing that in a pretty long time. She doesn't do that consistenly. Sure, she may complain more than other girls but I belive she slowly have that under control. I mean just look at John Mcenroe, he wasen't very good at controlling his angry emotions and he went pretty far anyway :P But yeah, throwing the raquet is never a good sign to show you opponent. Hopefully she will keep that restrainment up :)

Ameliemomo, I agree with your post. You put Alizés situation very well :) Although it isnt good to always control emotions, I understand what you mean.

About the draw; its very good. Even though Radwanska is slumping I think it can be a tough match but Alizé should win it. Thereafter its only willpower that will move her on:)

améliemomo
Mar 11th, 2009, 10:00 AM
About the draw; its very good. Even though Radwanska is slumping I think it can be a tough match but Alizé should win it. Thereafter its only willpower that will move her on:)

thanks charlieflip for the nice words.I think alize is a original girl that deserves to be rewarded of all her work.
Perhaps in that tournament,I hope so
Yes you're right about radwanska,alize know her very well from the juniors and always lived tough matchs against her.If they ll have to face there,I think it would be the same.
Cant wait the start of IW.:bounce:

Dorien.
Mar 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Good luck Alizé! :rocker:

Derek.
Mar 12th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Bonne chance! :D

louisa.
Mar 13th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Jankovic again :(
i have a feeling these two will meet. :scared:
Good luck Alize! :bounce:

When will her first match be? :scratch:

Kovalchuk
Mar 13th, 2009, 07:10 AM
should be on Saturday

Barrois is her first round opponent, only saw her once in AO, taking Dementieva to three set.

hope Alize can play well and win this match.

ps: i like the idea having an "offtopic or chat thread" :p

Charlieflip
Mar 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Omg, it would be soooo nice to see Alize crush Jankovic. I would take the first plane to california to gice Alize a kiss on the cheek :)

améliemomo
Mar 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Omg, it would be soooo nice to see Alize crush Jankovic. I would take the first plane to california to gice Alize a kiss on the cheek :)

lol you would want hé??but she's taken by an austrian swimmer :drool:,poor charlie:hug:
yes I dream of that day alize will beat a top3 player like jankovic,she s getting closer and closer each time so who knows?

as for alize first round there kristina barrois,she suprized me by beating zakopalova 1 & 2 but alize should beat her.
Allez!

kovalshuk, feel free to create every thread you want,its a free and fun space out there and yes I think alize sub forum needs a chat thread;):wavey:

Charlieflip
Mar 13th, 2009, 11:00 AM
What? Alize is dating a Austrian Swimmer? who??

améliemomo
Mar 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
look at this thread,we talked about him:)http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=368037

he study in USA and I guess he would be there and cheer for her

Charlieflip
Mar 13th, 2009, 11:16 AM
look at this thread,we talked about him:)http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=368037

Thank you for that!! :D

Dinayer
Mar 13th, 2009, 04:05 PM

:hearts: :hearts:

justine schnyder
Mar 14th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Good luck Alize!!!

améliemomo
Mar 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM
COURT 4 start 11:00 am

[22] A Szavay (HUN) vs E Gallovits (ROU)
[32] P Mathieu (FRA) vs P Starace (ITA)
[Q] K Barrois (GER) vs [11] A Cornet (FRA)

Dinayer
Mar 14th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Allez Alize :)

tea
Mar 15th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Alizé surf in USA***
Better she surf directly to european clay... and trying to be healthy up to it... Dubai was a mistake, IW was a mistake, Miami? Nah...

Alizé Molik
Mar 15th, 2009, 04:27 AM
clearly this shoulder is still a problem, she shouldn't have played.

Kovalchuk
Mar 15th, 2009, 07:14 AM
:awww:

any interview or news about her shoulder problem?

Dinayer
Mar 15th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Alize :sad: :sad:

Charlieflip
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Omg I was so sad when I thought out about the loss.. I really thought she would do well here. Do you guys know is it was something about her shoulder that made her lose?

améliemomo
Mar 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Better she surf directly to european clay... and trying to be healthy up to it... Dubai was a mistake, IW was a mistake, Miami? Nah...

well dont know what to think about that horrible loss, she did many double faults and yes seems like her shoulder still a problem.
She decided to cure her shoulder after dubai so no training, its very difficult even for non injured players(dementieva,kuznetsova other seeds fallen) to come back after many weeks without competing.
This is very disappointing loss but she has to be patient, she s not the first player to face bad loss and ugly injury.She has to keep faith and work hard to come back quickly to perform better in Miami.
Alize is a fighter,she'll bounce back.

Sad cause she has a VERY VERY good draw:sad::sad:

tea
Mar 15th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Omg I was so sad when I thought out about the loss.. I really thought she would do well here. Do you guys know is it was something about her shoulder that made her lose?
I hope we can get some information on her website with the lapse of time...
well dont know what to think about that horrible loss, she did many double faults and yes seems like her shoulder still a problem.
She decided to cure her shoulder after dubai so no training, its very difficult even for non injured players(dementieva,kuznetsova other seeds fallen) to come back after many weeks without competing.
This is very disappointing loss but she has to be patient, she s not the first player to face bad loss and ugly injury.She has to keep faith and work hard to come back quickly to perform better in Miami.
Alize is a fighter,she'll bounce back.

Sad cause she has a VERY VERY good draw:sad::sad:
Yes, she is a fighter, but every spirit has limits.. I mean when the body doesn't respond you...
Too sad we don't have any info about the match, but as we all agree - it's most probably the shoulder problem. Then, if she couldn't fix it in 3 weeks between Dubai and IW, can she do it up to Maimi? I doubt. Really dont want her to play Maimi. She must care of herself.:sad:
Who cares about the draw... Until she's healthy I won't watching any draw deeper than the first match.

Dorien.
Mar 15th, 2009, 06:17 PM
:sad: :sad: i hope she is ok?

justine schnyder
Mar 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Awful.
That is not Alize. This year she was trashing the lower ranked girls and now this. what the hell?

Derek.
Mar 15th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I hope she's okay. :hug:

améliemomo
Mar 16th, 2009, 02:58 PM
ouhhhh I finally get some informations about Alize on l'EQUIPE,thanks to Fran at MTF:kiss:
here's the little thing written about alize after her loss at IW.

On the french side, you should see the red eyes of Alizé Cornet after her non-game against the 83rd World ranked Karine Barrois (6-2, 6-2, 8 double faults, earned 7 points in 24 second balls) to understand how she had suffered in her flesh and soul. "I always feel pain in the shoulder and it is impossible to set up a game without service and with the fear of get it even worse. With stress, I move wrong and it gives non-matches. There is no more pleasure ... "simple question: since neither continuing care for the strengthening of the shoulder, or taking anti-inflammatories have not changed anything on this problem since December, why s keep playing? Before the game, the Cornet physio assured that the pain was controlled. It is not but the French seemed like she was already looking forward to play in Miami. Go figure ...

dont get it neither.Why alize keep wanting to play whereas she still feel pain and that caused her big awful match like this one??is it just some kind of "mental fear"??she fear to serve because of her pain and then that negative thoughts make her play bad and lose matchs.Not good for her health and confidence.
That's BIG PROBLEM and WEIRD situation there.:sad:

justine schnyder
Mar 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks for posting Amira :awww:
Alize :hug: Get some rest.. But I think she went IW and played anyway because IW was a mandatory is she didn't want to get fined

améliemomo
Mar 16th, 2009, 07:32 PM
well i just hope her injury is not too tough to be cured cause another awful loss like she had there is not what she needs right now and this ass*** of larry scott should protect players health whereas wanting only $$$$$$$$$$:(:(:(
she's still so young to be bothered by injuries:help:

justine schnyder
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM
You're 100% right.
It's so annoying. If a player is injured she should be resting and taking a little break, not being forced to play because than she'll be fined badly
It's also stupid since if a player is injured/really tired (like Alize or Dementieva too) so she'l lose in Rd1 anyway, no matter to who, so it's a shame since another player could've make it to the MD..

améliemomo
Mar 17th, 2009, 02:49 PM
She must try yoga or relaxation sessions to not be stressed or angry about her situation.

Alize is very emotive person and yoga is a good thing to make her be more relax and in control of her body,mental,breath.

Iknow Mary Pierce used to make some yoga,you could see how breathing was important for her in the court,to find forget about the importance of big matchs at roland garros, the tournament she wanted the most to win. In France,in front of her homecrowd.And she did it.

améliemomo
Mar 18th, 2009, 03:43 PM
sharapova out of miami because of shoulder injury...

it makes me feel bad for alize cause she seems to have serious problem with her shoulder right now.
Perhaps the same problem sharapova had before she was obliged to make a surgery...:scared:

i mean ,dont want alize to risk such a thing,that s just too horrible if that happens to her.
I hope she wont play miami, she has no points to defend there, her goal is not playing well here but be 100% fit for clay especially roland garros.
Who care about miami seriously??
she must cure that shoulder and come back ONLY if she's OK, no more pain.
Alize dont play with your health.:sad:

tea
Mar 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah, we know what she HAS to do, just remains to see what decision about participating in Miami she actually WILL make... This 'mandatory event' excuse isn't serious anymore. Even if a couple of matches there won't do damage to the shoulder, an early exit also won't boost confidence at all.
Let's hope for the best.

justine schnyder
Mar 18th, 2009, 06:34 PM
sharapova out of miami because of shoulder injury...

it makes me feel bad for alize cause she seems to have serious problem with her shoulder right now.
Perhaps the same problem sharapova had before she was obliged to make a surgery...:scared:

yeah but Sharapova has way more $$$ than Alize has.. for her 100k is not that much.
And god I hope not :sad: :scared:

i mean ,dont want alize to risk such a thing,that s just too horrible if that happens to her.
I hope she wont play miami, she has no points to defend there, her goal is not playing well here but be 100% fit for clay especially roland garros.
Who care about miami seriously??
she must cure that shoulder and come back ONLY if she's OK, no more pain.
Alize dont play with your health.:sad:
Agree with every word

Charlieflip
Mar 18th, 2009, 07:14 PM
yeah but Sharapova has way more $$$ than Alize has.. for her 100k is not that much.
And god I hope not :sad: :scared:

You really can't compare the prize money for them, I don't think ever Alizé would think that way, that she needs the money.
In the comparing case with sharapova, I don't really belive its the same thing. I belive sharapova's injury was (is) much more serious. If it isn't, then we can forget seeing Alizé in Roland Garros.

justine schnyder
Mar 18th, 2009, 07:20 PM
You really can't compare the prize money for them, I don't think ever Alizé would think that way, that she needs the money.
In the comparing case with sharapova, I don't really belive its the same thing. I belive sharapova's injury was (is) much more serious. If it isn't, then we can forget seeing Alizé in Roland Garros.

Don't get me wrong, I don't understate Sharapova's injury, after all, the girl hasn't played since Wimbledon, but let's take Miami last year as an example, she withdrew and got a big fine for it.
Most players can't afford that, they'd go to Miami anyway and will tank the first match or something

Charlieflip
Mar 18th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't understate Sharapova's injury, after all, the girl hasn't played since Wimbledon, but let's take Miami last year as an example, she withdrew and got a big fine for it.
Most players can't afford that, they'd go to Miami anyway and will tank the first match or something

Oh, you were referring to a fine, Im sorry. I thought you meant the prize money of the tournament that was at stake.

améliemomo
Mar 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM

well I heard that sharapova kept playing with that shoulder pain for several years now,then it got worse and worse since she HAD to make a surgery.
Shoulder is delicate to cure, perhaps alize injury is not that worse RIGHT NOW but playing despite the problem is not a solution imo.

And yes tea, you're may be right, perhaps alize will win a match at miami, 2 matchs why not but what to say if she lose again against another nobody player like it was at IW.
She takes a risk there , some poker hit actually and I hope she'll win that bet at miami...

Charlieflip
Mar 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM
well I heard that sharapova kept playing with that shoulder pain for several years now,then it got worse and worse since she HAD to make a surgery.
Shoulder is delicate to cure, perhaps alize injury is not that worse RIGHT NOW but playing despite the problem is not a solution imo.

And yes tea, you're may be right, perhaps alize will win a match at miami, 2 matchs why not but what to say if she lose again against another nobody player like it was at IW.
She takes a risk there , some poker hit actually and I hope she'll win that bet at miami...

Ah ok I see. But if that's the case with Alizé I would concentrate on it now so it won't be like a major problem like Maria's. I just hope that she got the situation under control, I would so hate to see her away from the tour a while :sad:

améliemomo
Mar 19th, 2009, 09:01 PM
hey guys some (good) news from alize finally on her official website:D

she said that her shoulder did bother her in IW and that she wasnt relax,thinking too much about it during her first match.
She said that she stay at IW for training hard because the conditions there are very good. She'll go to miami on thursday and that she wants to be ready to play good there.
She was asked about claycourt season,if she was impatient to be start, she said that not the same as last year, she's starting to like and get used to play on hardcourt, she likes it more and more and no she's not too impatient:p
she also said that there s no particular player who impressed her so far this year(she was asked about azarenka:rolleyes:) and she mentioned only the williams sisters for being big champions.She's aware that wta tour is very "open" these days and that she has a chance to reach top10 soon.

The interview(french)http://www.alizecornet.fr/fr/

tea
Mar 19th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks very much for transcription of this interview.;) I listened it hours ago, and despite I can't understand a word in French, I felt there was something good.:D

Nice to know she is confident about Miami. Nice to know she likes hardcourts more than before, because no doubt she's a really good hardcourt player. And especially nice to know that she doesn't impressed by Aza. You're better than her, Alize!:kiss:

améliemomo
Mar 20th, 2009, 09:58 AM
you're welcome tea;)

you dont speack french but you're swiss no??(flag) you're german speaker?

yes I think alize must be very motivated right now to prove that she's quality player, especially when the girls of her generation did the highlight these 2 weeks(radwanska,azarenka,wozniacki...)
she wants her piece of cake:devil::drool:
I hope she'll be ok in florida

Charlieflip
Mar 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM

she said that her shoulder did bother her in IW and that she wasnt relax,thinking too much about it during her first match.
She said that she stay at IW for training hard because the conditions there are very good. She'll go to miami on thursday and that she wants to be ready to play good there.
She was asked about claycourt season,if she was impatient to be start, she said that not the same as last year, she's starting to like and get used to play on hardcourt, she likes it more and more and no she's not too impatient:p
she also said that there s no particular player who impressed her so far this year(she was asked about azarenka:rolleyes:) and she mentioned only the williams sisters for being big champions.She's aware that wta tour is very "open" these days and that she has a chance to reach top10 soon.

The interview(french)http://www.alizecornet.fr/fr/

Thanks muchly!! I also saw that this interview was up on her site, but my french isnt what it used to be :P
Actually about the hardcourt, I see her view. Her topspin is getting really powerful and that gives her an edge on hardcourt.

Good to hear about the shoulder anyway, that it's ok. I really hope she'll perform in miami! Allez!!

améliemomo
Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Here the Miami drawhttp://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en/assets/pdfs/draws/09WTA_MDS1.pdf

well cant go further than first match ,we saw what happened at IW:help:

she 'll play the winner of strykova/knapp.

Just hope her shoulder will be ok.

Good luck alize:)

justine schnyder
Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Good luck Alize!!

Charlieflip
Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Here the Miami drawhttp://www.sonyericssonopen.com/3/en/assets/pdfs/draws/09WTA_MDS1.pdf

well cant go further than first match ,we saw what happened at IW:help:

she 'll play the winner of strykova/knapp.

Just hope her shoulder will be ok.

Good luck alize:)

I like your approach, one step at a time :)
Im so hoping her shoulder is ok, so she can show us her true power.

Dorien.
Mar 24th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Good luck Alizé! And i hope she can play pain free :confused:

tea
Mar 24th, 2009, 09:14 PM
According to the poll on GM Alize has made a Top-10 'most hated players' at this board.:D To tell the truth it's a surprise to me, why so many haters of her are here.:rolleyes: On the other hand I would love to see theirs comments when Alize starts rolling the tour.:D (I'm not saying this to happen in the current season, but in the future.)

P.S. We don't have an offtopic thread for purposes like this.:p If you continue to stay passive I'll start it myself.:angel:

justine schnyder
Mar 24th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'm a bit surprise too since she's really sweet girl, but I guess most of the posters here like the really agressice tennis..
Oh well..

Allez Alize ;)

And opening an offtipic thread is a great idea :yeah:

Charlieflip
Mar 24th, 2009, 10:25 PM
According to the poll on GM Alize has made a Top-10 'most hated players' at this board.:D To tell the truth it's a surprise to me, why so many haters of her are here.:rolleyes: On the other hand I would love to see theirs comments when Alize starts rolling the tour.:D (I'm not saying this to happen in the current season, but in the future.)

P.S. We don't have an offtopic thread for purposes like this.:p If you continue to stay passive I'll start it myself.:angel:

What? jisses... that's so wierd, I mean, what do they hate? How can you even "hate" a player, that must've been a really stupid topic starter...

Dinayer
Mar 24th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Allez Alize :yeah:

good luck, girl :hug:

tea
Mar 25th, 2009, 12:28 AM
What? jisses... that's so wierd, I mean, what do they hate? How can you even "hate" a player, that must've been a really stupid topic starter...
You must be missing that 'beautiful' topic on GM.:D link -> http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=373938 - results is somewhere there.
There a question was about the fauvorite and the most hateble players. Alize made a top ten.:D As a dislike player...
And opening an offtipic thread is a great idea :yeah:
Okay.:D That thread will be created tomorrow. But I want you and the others to post here, deal?:p

améliemomo
Mar 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I am like both of you guys, Im amazed of how alize who is a newcomer on the tour is that much disliked:tape::rolleyes:

those negative feelings towards her make me want to cheer for her even MORE lol:lol::devil::hearts:

you know even amelie had been very critisized at a time, a little bit like jankovic is today because she couldnt win a slam,reached n°1 without a slam blablabla
I think people are afraid of "different" players, they prefer to cheer for unidimensional players who are mostly ballbashers. I have nothing against that kind of players but its just not my cup of tea lol:p

I think they're afraid of alize cause she's very talented and could make a very good career and especially win the "graal", the only tournament that is wide open to win , I mean Roland Garros. She 's very good claycourt player and a a threat to the big babes lol:devil:

tea please feel free to create an offtopic for alize,i'll post there I promise!:angel::wavey:

justine schnyder
Mar 25th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Amira :yeah:

améliemomo
Mar 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
the OOP for tomorrow is up

COURT 2 start 10:00 am
[32] F Lopez (ESP) vs S Querrey (USA)
B Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) vs [14] A Cornet (FRA)

this gonna be tough,this player beat some good players this year already(pennetta,groenefeld,razzano,suarez navarro...)

she beat karin knapp in first round in 2 sets.

Allez alize!

Alizé Molik
Mar 28th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Alizé is the kind of player that troubles barbora though, as long as she gets a lot of balls back, she'll get angry and start making mistakes.

justine schnyder
Mar 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Good luck Alize..! :D
Just play well, better than IW anyway :rolleyes: :p

améliemomo
Mar 28th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Alizé is the kind of player that troubles barbora though, as long as she gets a lot of balls back, she'll get angry and start making mistakes.

I hope alize will stay calm, not the like she did in IW

Alizé Molik
Mar 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
it's all a question for this shoulder! but let me tell you Alizé has met her angry match in Bab, every math i've seen her play she's gone mental.

améliemomo
Mar 28th, 2009, 12:36 PM
yes that's sad:sad:

she's like that alize, very emotive but in the same time those emotions are like an "energy source" to boost her
she has this "strengh" to use those emotions ,experiences in a positive way. Always wanting to improve and become a better player.
Lets hope she has learnt from her IW disappointment;)

Alizé Molik
Mar 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
these emotions are why I liked her in the first place! but she must control them better I think if they are going to give her that boost, ŕ la serena.

améliemomo
Mar 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
yes you're right and she's working on it;)

some news from her official website:

Alizé ready for Miami!
News - 26.03.2009
Alizé: "I am ready to enter the tournament. I took the week available between Indian Wells and Miami to work my physical and especially the care continue to strengthen my shoulder. In recent days, I can normally serve without apprehension, even if the pain has not disappeared completely, I know that work on this shoulder is effective ... "

Dinayer
Mar 28th, 2009, 01:39 PM
:yeah: :D

Dorien.
Mar 28th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Nice to read that news :)

justine schnyder
Mar 28th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Good Evening guys :D

Good luck Alizeeee!!!!!

justine schnyder
Mar 28th, 2009, 05:40 PM
1-0* :)
Easy hold

Charlieflip
Mar 28th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the news Amira! That's very good to hear. Now just win the second set!!

améliemomo
Mar 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM
she won but still some signs of fear and hesitations I think...

not easy for her with her shoulder but she has to deal with it cause next match will probably be zheng ,so a tougher opponent

congrats alize cause it was tough match:kiss:

Charlieflip
Mar 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM
she won but still some signs of fear and hesitations I think...

not easy for her with her shoulder but she has to deal with it cause next match will probably be zheng ,so a tougher opponent

congrats alize cause it was tough match:kiss:

Where did you watch it?

améliemomo
Mar 28th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Where did you watch it?

i didnt watch it but I guess she lived that way:drool::p

its just suppositions you know.I have a big imagination and some sense too so it helps;)

I loved your response on GM to a troll who spoke bad about alize:drool:

Charlieflip
Mar 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
i didnt watch it but I guess she lived that way:drool::p

its just suppositions you know.I have a big imagination and some sense too so it helps;)

I loved your response on GM to a troll who spoke bad about alize:drool:

Ah alright I understand :)

haha, yeah, she didn't know what she was talking about :P

Dinayer
Mar 28th, 2009, 08:51 PM
well done :woohoo:

who's next? :armed:

justine schnyder
Mar 28th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I think Zheng

Dinayer
Mar 28th, 2009, 11:26 PM
thanks Neta :D

Kovalchuk
Mar 29th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Zheng Jie will be much tougher, though Alize did beat her last year in Linz.
let's see how she deal with it.

améliemomo
Mar 29th, 2009, 11:44 AM
alize playing today,no rest fo her shoulder:unsure:

shedule for today:

COURT 3 start 11:00 am

[24] A Kleybanova (RUS) vs [Q] A Yakimova (BLR)
[17] J Zheng (CHN) vs [14] A Cornet (FRA)

lets be ready for another scoreboard match:tape:

Allez Alize,make your best:bounce:

Charlieflip
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I see that eurosport finally starts transmitting matches, they start at 2100 CET. I really really hope they show Alizé! It will be a very intressting match.

Dinayer
Mar 29th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Allez girl :armed:
beat her :armed:

tea
Mar 29th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I see that eurosport finally starts transmitting matches, they start at 2100 CET. I really really hope they show Alizé! It will be a very intressting match.
No chance for today.:( I can't remember ES showed anything else than the central court match in non-Slam events.
---
Allez Alize!:rocker2:

Dorien.
Mar 29th, 2009, 03:26 PM

améliemomo
Mar 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Very awful loss from alize today:sobbing::sobbing:

couldnt hold her serve more than one time.She'll have to explain us what happened to her in that match cause seemed like after the first set loss in which she was leading the most time, why she seemed to tank the second set?

she said before the match that she didnt feel pain in her shoulder anymore so what s the problem?

justine schnyder
Mar 29th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Alize :sobbing: :confused:
I could look at the SB when she was up a break in the 1st set, I think it was 3:2, and then I come back home and see 4:6 5:0..
What's happened? :sad:

améliemomo
Mar 29th, 2009, 09:46 PM
cant understand neither...

we'll see what shes gonna say in interview

Alizé Molik
Mar 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM
now some clay people!

I hope ali was just like euh cbf playing hardcourts anymore because if she's injured for clay now that would suck, she has a lot of points to defend now :(

Alizé Molik
Mar 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM
now some clay people!

I hope ali was just like euh cbf playing hardcourts anymore because if she's injured for clay now that would suck, she has a lot of points to defend now :(

Dinayer
Mar 29th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Alize :sad: :sad: :sad:

Derek.
Mar 30th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Alizé. :sad:
I hope her shoulder isn't bothering her. :(

Rest up for the clay season. :hug:

tea
Mar 30th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Found this on her French forum. No link to source, but looks like authentic.
Alizé Cornet a sombré face ŕ Jie Zheng lors du troisičme tour de Miami. La Française n'aura gagné qu'une seule fois sa mise en jeu en menant 3-1 dans la premičre manche. Mais ensuite les deux joueuses n'ont fait que se breaker avant que Zheng n'arrache la manche. Le deuxičme set est en sens unique. la Chinoise fait le jeu et remporte le match sur un cinglant 6-0. "Cela a été une grosse bataille, d'une grande intensité, jusqu'ŕ 4-4 dans le premier set. J'ai eu beaucoup d'occasions de faire le break mais j'ai en concrétisées peu (3 sur 7, ndlr) et j'ai fini par perdre le set. Moi, ça m'a mis un coup sur la tęte énorme et elle ça lui a donné des ailes. Ensuite, au second set, ça a défilé... J'ai hâte que la saison de terre battue commence. (A propos de son épaule) Je suis sur la voie de la guérison complčte, tout va bien." a déclaré la Niçoise. En huitičmes de finale, Jie Zheng, tęte de série N.17 pourrait affronter sa compatriote Shuai Peng ou la numéro un mondiale Serena Williams.
So, shoulder keeps getting better, which is the only thing that matters now.

Kovalchuk
Mar 30th, 2009, 07:13 AM
i read it on eurosport too, her shoulder is on course to full recovery.

just hope she will be ready for clay season, both physically and mentally prepared.

Iceland
Mar 30th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Good news at least. Please find some form before Roland-Garros, Alizé :hug:.

améliemomo
Mar 30th, 2009, 10:18 AM
yeah quite a good news even if her mental breakdown after the first set loss is not positive.

She must be patient and keep working to be ready for clay:rocker2:

lol alize just before the tournament she was asked if she is impatient for the clay season to begin, she said not that much but now she changed her mind:lol:

alize:hug: