PDA

View Full Version : Pat McEnroe saids that Seles is not a big hitter

selesrules
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:43 PM
I hate him.

He said that in the bottom half section of the draw, there are a lot of big hitters but Hingis and Seles are not one of them. Is he simply retarted? :fiery: :mad:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:44 PM
Is he simply retarted?

Yes.

evadafan
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:49 PM
What an idiot. Did he just say this??

selesrules
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:51 PM
yes he said that a few minutes ago, right after Shriver interviewed Hingis and he commented at the draw that was shown on tv. He would even be a total idiot if he had said that she's not one of the big hitters in the WTA, but he said that she's not even one of the big hitters in her half of the draw which makes him the utlimate ignorant bitch. I hate when commentators can act like that, he just likes to disrespect her and as a fan it makes me :mad: Monica is one of the biggest hitters the game has EVER SEEN, the only players who can challenge her in that department are the Williams and Davenport.

treufreund
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:54 PM
I don't think he meant big hitter purely in the sense of striking the ball. Besides she is not the biggest hitter anymore. Unfortunately I think he was using big hitter to mean "serious contender", which is a built-in bias anyways.

selesrules
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:55 PM
There's only one meaning for big hitter, I am also sick of people here defending Pat McEnroe and creating excuses. :mad:

irma
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:56 PM
once more why do people care about a person who only got his jobs thanks to the achievements of his brother ? :rolleyes:

selesrules
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:57 PM
Maybe if someone starts talking nonsense and disrespecting your favorite player all the time, you'll get upset like me. It's just annoying that someone can put down and disrespect the talents of a big champion like Monica and never gives her any sort of compliment. It's sad actually.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:01 PM
They insult my favourite player (atp) all the time :p, so I know how it is ;) One match his passing shots don't count cause they aren't on clay :rolleyes:, the next match he has one of the best in the game :p

THanks for coming out Pat :rolleyes:

irma
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:02 PM
think about the succes monica had in comparing to this loser!

selesrules
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:05 PM
Whatever, I'm just also upset at some people here who are defending Pat McEnroe's constant behavior towards Monica like in the other thread started by selesadmirer. I don't care if Pat thinks that Monica is some average top 50 player, but at least I expect people here to not deny the fact that he's disrespecting her and to stop creating excuses for his behavior and ignorant comments.

mn73
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:05 PM
Jennifer is always seen as a big hitter and she always says she has problems with the faster pace of Seles!!! I think that answers the question!

irma
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:07 PM
oh I am sure he does, he was disrespecting johannson and costa too :rolleyes:
He obvious doesn't know his place!

disposablehero
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:50 PM
Poor Patrick. He's been really cranky around US Open time ever since a 39 year old fossil kicked his ass here. Maybe he needs a nap.

evadafan
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:41 PM
Anyone up for a "Remove Pat" letter writing campaign to CBS???

Dado
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:55 PM
He was a loser, he is a loser, and he will be a loser for ever!

Tennis Fool
Sep 1st, 2002, 10:20 PM
Selesrules,

NO COMMENTATOR, Pat, John, Mary, Mal, Pat Shriver, or Chrissy puts Seles in that contender spot. Get over it.

Seles has to prove she's a contender, then they will change their tune. In fact, Mary laughed when Capriati tried to return for the 3rd time, but said her Aussie win "I was wrong, and I'm glad that I was."

The only one who thinks she has a chance is Martina N., but only if she gets her fitness together seriously, as she hasn't since she's returned to the game 6 YEARS AGO.

Alley
Sep 1st, 2002, 10:57 PM
Patrick McEnroe is a complete fool, and the most annoying commentator I have ever heard in any sport. He seems to have a complete obsession with andy roddick, i can honestly see him carrying Roddick's jock strap for him.

mboyle
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by irma
oh I am sure he does, he was disrespecting johannson and costa too :rolleyes:
He obvious doesn't know his place!

Well Dissing a fluke grand slam champion is different from dissing a 9 time grand slam champion. Especially when what he said is complete nonsense. Monica hits as hard as anyone but Serena and Lindsay but just can't move as well as most players. To say she isn't a big hitter shows stupidity and ignorance. As you said Irma, PattyMac only gets jobs because of his brother.

Monica_Rules
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:20 AM
Tennis fool as your name suggests you are a fool this thread is not about monica being a contender its about Pat Mcenroe ho happenes to know everything:rolleyes: saying that monica isn't a hardhitter is he just plain dumb!

Playa
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:42 AM
To mac Enroe defense , he was quite right . did you see the same match that I did ?
how can Monica be streched in 3 sets like that by a Qualifier.

and if you saw the 99 US Open between Serena and Hingis you would understand that ,nowadays they are bigger,hitting Harder and making less unnecessary errors.
Monica played a solid game. she was rolling from the start till 5-1 in the second set & then she got nervous .
but she's definitely a HARD HITTER
Hingis better be carefull.

Volcana
Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:03 AM
Monica's hitting the ball hard, but not very efficiently. A lot of her her shots in the matches I saw were landing in the middle of the court, around the service line. That's not Big Hitting, that's just hitting big. Where's the accuracy, the angles, the four, five, six shots painting the line one right after the other? You can argue with his language, but not with the practical reality. The Monica we've seen so far is not the player of last winter. She's just not.

selesadmirer
Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:15 AM
pat mac should really get fired from commentating,he is so bad,that its not funny,really we should call up usa and yank him out....he is just upset at his life since he could not match his brothers stats...just another jealous moron.

treufreund
Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:46 AM
Volcana I hear you. I really don't think he meant "hitting big" literally. He meant big hitter as in dangerous power player. But I can understand the annoyance from Seles fans cuz it is annoying when you have the feeling that commentators are constantly slagging your faves.

earthcrystal
Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:50 AM
Volcana, you try painting the lines in 25-30 mph winds.

evadafan
Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:40 AM
I thought Monica went for the lines a lot considering the wind. I was very happy she didn't revert to the down the middle stuff she usually does. I think you watched the match with some preconceived notions Volcana.

spencercarlos
Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:50 AM
ITs a Stupid comment anyway players like Hingis, Amanda, Conchita, Arantxa, Grande, are not big hitters among others who does not rely on power to win their matches...
Seles for sure does she is a great striker of the ball, maybe she is not a contender for this Usopen but she is a hard hitter.