PDA

View Full Version : Pat mcenroe expects hings to beat seles.

selesadmirer
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:19 PM
I mean how many times does this fool open his mouth,he never has anything nice to say about monica,2 years ago he said monica should get a few games off hingis....It is rude,and i hope some people agree.

selesadmirer
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:22 PM
p.s i was waiting for him to comment,i knew he would open his mouth and say that hingis will beat seles.

angele87
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:22 PM
He wasn't really nasty to Monica... he just said he expects Hingis to beat her :confused:

selesadmirer
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:25 PM
he wasn't really nasty but in the past he has,and when seles lost 6-0,6-0 to her,a few years ago a few months later when seles played her at the open he said seles should get a few more games this time.he doesn't like her.

treufreund
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:26 PM
:rolleyes: Considering Martina leads the head to head by a mile and that Seles played poorly I can understand why he is favoring Martina. I still think Martina is not playing her best ball and that Monica will squeak by.

Doublebackhand
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:27 PM
no, pat mac doesnt like monica, he always predict her to lose whenever

selesadmirer
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:28 PM
i mean i guess he hasn't been watching martina's 50-60 mph serves and her shots landing in the service line.

Wizkid
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:36 PM
I just don't see Martina beating Monica. Monica even though she hasn't been playing spectacular I still think she'll overpower Martina.

Bероника
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:36 PM
And I expect he is wrong and Monica will win.GO MONICA!!!!

babsi
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:38 PM
So?

He stated his opinion, what is so wrong with that?

What gets me is when people state a opinion as it is fact, as some do on this board and in the media.

BCP
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:45 PM
I Love Monica, but you guys are FAR too sensitive. Following from your assumption about Mac, you must be Hingis haters, because you predict Monica to beat Martina..............:rolleyes:

Aloysius
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:49 PM
What babsi and BCP said.

Monica_Rules
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:49 PM
his/her point is he does over and over again predicts seles to loose not just this once.

he sounds a bit like john wreithman or whatever that twat is called!:mad:

ktwtennis
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:58 PM
Yeah, he predicts Monica will lose just about every time she plays...He has been saying that Monica won't be a force anymore at any major...:rolleyes:

selesrules
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:00 PM
Oh please people, you have to agree with selesadmirer. Pat McEnroe NEVER acknowledges Monica. He even started naming "Hantuchova" as one of the few people to challenge and match the power of the Williams and he also saids "Clijsters", "Henin" blah blah blah. What the hell did Hantuchova accomplish? Monica is way more dangerous, she's a great champion and her shots are much more superior then Hantuchova. In my opinion, he should acknowledge Monica from time to time. For example, Navratilova mentionned Monica when naming the people to challenge the Williams. In any case, I just hope Monica gets another great run at a grandslam so that she makes a fool out of people like Pat full of disrespect. Don't pick her to win the tournament, but acknowledge that she is one heck of a competitor who can win anything, much more then clijsters, hantuchova, henin, dokic, etc.

matthias
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:10 PM
i expect her to win too

selesadmirer
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:11 PM
well said selesrules.pat has not done 1/10 of what monica did.monica continues to surprise me all the time with her talent,and i still believe she has it in her.Seles is and will always be my favorite,i have been watching her for eleven years and when she got stabbed i never gave up and to this point i still berlieve she will make some noise.

Ryan
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:12 PM
No, I don't have to agree with selesadmirer, who seems to think Monica is invincible. He gave a freakin opinion, maybe he just doesn't think Monica can beat Hingis right now. You're so uptight and whiny whenever someone says Seles won't win a match, or anytime she's not praised.

selesadmirer
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:15 PM
ryan you don't have to agree,but if pat doesn't like monica,he should keep his trap closed.

selesrules
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:20 PM
Who said about Monica winning every match? We are talking that Pat should show more respect to Monica's talent and capabilities then to Hantuchova, Amelie, Kim or whoever.

disposablehero
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:23 PM
Patrick McEnroe is a rude little jerk who has gotten to where he is 30% on his own ability and 70% on his last name. He's more than welcome to pick Martina, I'm sure many people think she will win. It's the things he has said about Monica in the past that will keep him on my shit list.

Ryan
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:24 PM
Shut up and listen. He said hantuchova one day may be able to match power for power with venus or serena. He said that Henin, Kim, amelie, and Daniela were the best UP AND COMING talents on the tour. He didn't mention Monica BECAUSE she's a veteran!!!!:mad: This is so goddamn annoying, you're acting like a baby because he thinks that they have a better chance to beat a Williams Sister then Monica.

evadafan
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:24 PM
Pat is always down on Monica. Remember several years back when she played Jen in the round of 16 and pat said "Jen will have way too much firepower for Monica." Monica won in straights of course. He's an idiot.

Of course as soon as he's done downing Monica he starts with all his Davis Cup bullshit, like he's the savior of US davis cup. Oh and then it starts with Roddick. Man do I hate him.

selesrules
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:28 PM
No you shut up and listen, he talked about ***NOW*** and who can challenge the Williams ***NOW***. He didn't talk about the future, you imagined this on your part.

selesadmirer
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:29 PM
ryan take the cotton out of your ears and stop being rude,we are saying that pat does not like monica and nothing else.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:42 PM
I like to take every opportunity to knock Pat, as I think he is quite the tool ;)

(I'm fairly positive that he agreed with Wertheim that Arthurs would win his first round match, but I won't even go there here:p ) )

However, he's entitled to think Hingis will win :p

Its not like he has nothing to base that on :p

But if it makes one better to insult Hingis because someone thinks she will win, then rah rah ;)

That said, I think Seles will win...

Serena y Monica
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:45 PM
Pat McEnroe also thinks that Jennifer has the best chance to beat a or both Williams...Y? I don't know so...I'd take what he says with a grain of salt.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:46 PM
He thinks Jenn has the best chance to beat a Williams?

Where has he been the past year? Or every match against Venus? :confused:

As much as I love Jenn, some people need to be realistic :o

treufreund
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:51 PM
Jenn does have the best chance. She is fitter than before and she is the one player who CONSISTENTLY has tough matches with them. He is not saying that Jenn WILL beat them or that she is a FAVORITE but he thinks she is the most dangerous. Personally I don't Lindsay is capable of beating them at this point and maybe never again. :sad: (I hope she proves me wrong) Mauresmo is always just a big question mark. She could really do some damage on clay IMO.

ktwtennis
Sep 1st, 2002, 07:11 PM
He also says that if Mauresmo and Capriati were to meet, Jennifer would be the favorite! That just COMPLETELY discounts any opinon he's made because anyone who knows anything, knows that Mauresmo comes in the favorite because she's beaten Capriati twice in a row this summer! He's way to "pure" pro-American...:rolleyes:

CJ07
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:12 PM
Well I can understand this sort of, while Monica has gotten to the SF's at the Australian (which i think she had a real chance of winning the whole thing) thats the first good run shes had since 99, which is interesting because in 2000 she had a great year. but anyway like Martina Navratilova said, Monica can and has challenged the williams' She has split the last two matches with both of them while JCap has never NEVER beaten Venus and has lost 6 SIX in a row to Serena. Monica was the one to introduce power to the game and i really think if shed lose like 15 pounds and get in better shape, shed be at the top

Ryan
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:16 PM
No you shut up and listen, he talked about ***NOW*** and who can challenge the Williams ***NOW***. He didn't talk about the future, you imagined this on your part.

No. He said they were some of the best up-and comers who could hcallenge the williams sisters in time. It was directly after an interview with Hantuchova, and Bill Macatte and McEnroe was talknig about things Hantuchvoa coudl do to improve her game. and SO WHAT if he meant right now? Maybe he doesn't see Seles as a thread to the sisters.

Tennis Fool
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:50 PM
I like Monica too, but some of you people are in denial if you think her game isn't going into decline.

Anyway, Pat McEnroe does like Monica. He's said that she's one of his favorite players, but he also is very impressed with the up and comers on the tour who have yet to peak. Give'em a break!

BTW, this match will be a toss-up if Monica doesn't self destruct. I saw Hingis at the Open yesterday and she was just HORRIBLE!

selesadmirer
Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:08 AM
seles's game is not declining,she is playing well considering she had no warm up tournaments.

franny
Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:27 AM
well, i kno a few years back after monica lost to martina 6-0, 6-0, pat said he expects her to get a few more games this time, and he was right you know, she did manage to get 5 games that match, 6-0, 7-5. But you know, he was saying that he gives a SLIGHT advantage to hingis, not that martina will beat monica easily. But then i guess i wouldn't know, since i've only seen him comment on monica like three times. But gosh, i never knew there could be ANYONE that doesn't like monica, how is that possible? She is like so cool and nice.

bobcat
Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:04 AM
Why should anyone care what P Mac says? He's probably the most clueless "expert" tennis analyst on CBS or USA Network, especially about the women's game.

The only person I usually agree with is Martina N. She always knows what she's talking about.

selesfan
Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:05 AM
Whats the big deal he is entitled to his opinion.:rolleyes: If Monica plays like she did yesterday, Martina will win. Monica seems to have a mental block when she plays Martina. Look at the Aussie Open and how many of Martina's second serves she did not attack. I hope its nice and hot tomorrow so Monica has more of a chance. Jonny Mac picked Seles to beat Hingis, is he a Martina hater?

evadafan
Sep 2nd, 2002, 04:18 AM
AGAIN:

Pat Mac predicted Jen to beat Monica in the R16 at both the 99 and 00 US Open. Monica won both in straight sets. He's an idiot, a never was, and a loser. Go home Pat.