PDA

View Full Version : The Exhibition Thread

InsideOut.
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:11 AM
Do we have one?

Let's start with the Billie Jean King Cup.

Charlieflip
Mar 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
what do you mean by exhibition? like pictures??

spiritedenergy
Mar 1st, 2009, 06:55 PM
what do you mean by exhibition? like pictures??

:lol:

No, like the BJK cup in New York Monday night.

Come on Ana, show the Big Apple who's the star of tennis:hearts::unsure::hug:

How much money are at stake by the way?

Charlieflip
Mar 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM
Its very much for so little play time. 1.2$ million. It's insane :P

spiritedenergy
Mar 1st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Its very much for so little play time. 1.2$ million. It's insane :P

wow. and do you know what's the breakdown for the players? I mean how much to semifinalists, runner-up and winner. Ana may have gotten a nice paycheck just to show up and play one no-ad set.:lol:

luv_sweetAna
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:02 PM
It's a winner takes all exhibition. So the winner alone will take the $1.2 million.

spiritedenergy
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:08 PM
It's a winner takes all exhibition. So the winner alone will take the $1.2 million.

oh my, that's almost like for a slam or something!:eek: And the other 3 do not get anything to participate?

Charlieflip
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
It doesn't say, but I highly doubt it. Even so, its a very good pay-off for them to join the cup :P

spiritedenergy
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:21 PM
Ana:sad: It means she'll be motivated to win:devil:

jelenacg
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
$1.2 million :eek::eek:
I thought this event is supposed to promote tennis
They should give that money to some charity :angel:

spiritedenergy
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:30 PM
$1.2 million :eek::eek:
I thought this event is supposed to promote tennis
They should give that money to some charity :angel:

If not, i hope the winner will do some charity by herself:o.
But i think I read that the money from the public attending will go to charity.

~Kiera~
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25271

jelenacg
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:40 PM
If not, i hope the winner will do some charity by herself:o.
But i think I read that the money from the public attending will go to charity.

So they will give 10X less money to charity than the winner will take :help:
It`s stupid,i thought that is supposed to be some funny exhibition in friendly environment
Man i was wrong,for $1.2 million these girls are going to :boxing::armed: fight
No wonder they have financial crisis in USA they give so much money for nothing :tape:

spiritedenergy
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25271

thanks

spiritedenergy
Mar 1st, 2009, 10:50 PM
It`s stupid,i thought that is supposed to be some funny exhibition in friendly environment
No wonder they have financial crisis in USA they give so much money for nothing :tape:

:haha:

I know like the primaries and the elections where they spent like billions in advertising and campaigning:tape: But i guess that's a way to move the economy, as long as they spend. Maybe they hope Serena or Venus will win and invest the money in the US.

jelenacg
Mar 1st, 2009, 11:08 PM
No really,i`m nobody to criticize USA or they economy(especially when we suck in everything :lol:) but i do think it`s stupid to give so much money to the winner
As i said i thought this is supposed to promote tennis,they should give that money to charity and to promote sport and not to make someone who is already rich even more richer
As for Ana and JJ,they probably have enough with playing in MSG and with the fact that more people will get to know them better or get to know them for the first time :)

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 2nd, 2009, 12:05 AM

Hopefully!:bounce: I want them to work hard for their money! Show us something!
Not that any of them would really need the money though:lol:

btw. is anybody here who can record it?:)

spiritedenergy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:06 AM
Hopefully!:bounce: I want them to work hard for their money! Show us something!
Not that any of them would really need the money though:lol:

btw. is anybody here who can record it?:)

i hope there will be livestreams, i don't even know what is HBO:lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:22 AM
anyone know what time the match is tomorrow?

spiritedenergy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:40 AM
anyone know what time the match is tomorrow?

7:30 pm (i guess local time) will start the event. I'm not sure when Ana is scheduled to play though.

jonnyroyale_13
Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:51 AM
thanks spirited, btw HBO means 'home box office', its a premium channel.
If theyre showiing it then there wont be feeds i would imagine:(

spiritedenergy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:03 AM
thanks spirited, btw HBO means 'home box office', its a premium channel.
If theyre showiing it then there wont be feeds i would imagine:(

really??? Then I hope someone will post it later on:sad:

spiritedenergy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
I just checked the WTA site and Ana has won just 80,000$ this year. Considering she has to pay 2 full time coaches now,plus the travel, etc. i think she may need the money:p

jonnyroyale_13
Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:09 AM
really??? Then I hope someone will post it later on:sad:

me too, this should be pretty exciting with a good crowd for the Williams sisters. i dont want to spoil the drama and result if it wont be on a stream, will wait for an upload i guess....but who knows, maybe someone will have a feed, i really dont know, just guessing there wont be since its HBO.

InsideOut.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
I wonder if HBO in Hong Kong will show it :confused:

Charlieflip
Mar 2nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
I think it's kinda stupid too. I mean of course there should be some money for them to fight about, but that kind of money is just too much. I hope it wasn't the only way to get all four of them to go. :/

Also, there is no advantage-system and just one-setter in the first two matches so the cup really minimizes the play-time.

InsideOut.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:02 AM
I'm pretty sure the winner will donate it to a charity, really, so I doubt it would make much difference. Their main income should come from the hefty paycheque for turning up.

jonnyroyale_13
Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
if it was me winning 1.2 million in an exhibition id buy a helicopter and fly it to Indian Wells.:shrug: Hopefully the winner will have something better in mind to do with it.:angel:

InsideOut.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:15 AM
If I were Serena and won the whole thing I'd give the 1.2 million to Ana :shrug::lol:

gaviotabr
Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
I've just read an article about the exhibition in serbian newspaper Press.. and they say that Ana was preparing in Mallorca but couldn't practice for a few days because of a virus. Ana is having too many of those virus.. she should take some Vitamin C... do something to avoid getting sick from time to time. :help:

http://www.pressonline.rs/page/stories/sr.html?view=story&id=59746&sectionId=44

InsideOut.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Goddamn it virus again?????

gaviotabr
Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
By the way.. I was so excited that HBO Brazil was advertising the exhibition as a live broadcast... now they have changed it and will broadcast the event on delay, after putting subtitles, on March 28. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Mar 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Goddamn it virus again?????

That was my reaction!

How many times has she had a virus the last few months? Way too many... :sad::tape:

And now she has to go from cold NY to dry and hot California for Indian Wells.. and then to humid Miami. :help:

jelenacg
Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
She had stomach virus in November and now she had a flu
Its not like she is always sick :tape::lol::lol:
I also have HBO,but they show only movies and tv shows here :)
I`m still hoping for some live stream

OC521
Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
The Morning Buzz: Monday, March 2

Welcome to The Show! We now start your day with a morning dose of Buzz. He'll be with you every weekday morning at 10 a.m. ET to see what's on your mind.
And on Monday, we'll have a super special guest joining the chat when the seventh ranked women's tennis player in the world Ana Ivanovic stops by to chat at 10:30 a.m. ET!

Ivanovic, 21, has been to three Grand Slam finals in her career, winning the 2008 French Open. She has eight career wins on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

On Monday night, Ivanovic will be playing in the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King Cup. The event is a one-night only special tournament, featuring a showdown at Madison Square Garden between Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic, Serena Williams and Venus Williams. Designed to honor King's place in tennis history and promote youth tennis as part of "Tennis Night in America," the Showdown will be broadcast live on HBO at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Send your questions now and Ana will join The Morning Buzz on Friday at 10:30 a.m. ET!

It's The Morning Buzz, where you never know what subjects we'll hit. But you know you won't be able to turn away, because you never know what's coming next. This show is all about you, SportsNation. It's your morning water cooler. Talk about what you want -- Buzz will take your lead. So settle in and enjoy!

Buzzmaster: (9:02 PM ET ) Hey everyone! We'll be back on Monday, rearing and ready to go. So join me, Buzz, at 10 a.m. ET!

Buzzmaster: (10:00 AM ET ) Gooooooooood morning!

Buzzmaster: (10:01 AM ET ) I'm all dressed up in my nicest Zubaz today, for Ana Ivanovic, whom we're expecting at 10:30 a.m. ET

Godish (Chicago): Ana, can I take you out for lunch when you're in Chicago?

Jeff (Iowa): That's not much of an intro, Buzz. Where's the tease? Where's the pizzazz?

Buzzmaster: (10:01 AM ET ) Frozen in the middle of the snow pile.

BJ (Carmel, NY): SNOW DAY!

David Fairborn, OH: Top o' the morning.

fred (omaha): buzz, i'm in the parking lot, which car is yours?

Robert (Raleigh NC): Gotta love NC weather. 70 on Friday. 3 - 8 inches of snow today. 70 this upcoming weekend.

Ben (Charlotte): I bet Prince thinks Ana Ivanovic isn't very hot.

Scott (Brewtown): Buzz....with Ana? Where's TMZ? This is a scandal! An outrage! Where's Mrs Buzz? Where's Matt Damon?.......(I hope Ana has her bodyguards close by)

Jay (Orlando): I must say that you are by far my favorite tennis player...not only are you a great athlete, but you are absolutely beautiful. Good luck tonight

Prince (Pittsburgh): Pizzaz and Zubaz don't mix.

Michael (New York): It is snowing in NYC. March's Lion sure pounced hard.

Joe (Huntsville,AL): Yeah Buzz where's the pizza?

Kevin (Dallas): Ana Ivanovic? I would have dressed up Buzz.

Clinton (Indianapolis): Good morning, folks! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Tom (West Bloomfield, MI): There's never any such thing as a snow day for me, so I'm glad that we didn't get any snow here.

Brian (Madison, WI): Haha Buzz, sorry I just wanted to laugh at someone for once for getting dumped on by Mother Nature. For once it's not Wisconsin.

Justin (Chicago): Make sure to offer a fork and knife when you serve the poptarts. And a napkin.

Patrick ( Louisville ): Yeah, Zubaz are much more pinache than pizzaz

Joe (Huntsville,AL): Is Jay talking to Buzz? Weird.

Matt (IN): I'm with ya Robert. 70 here last Wednesday, 35 Friday, 28 today, supposed to be 60 on Saturday

David (Boston): Moved into a new house this weekend which was good...being woken up this morning with carbon monoxide detector going off, not so much

Buzzmaster: (10:04 AM ET ) Yikes, that's definitely not cool.

Scott (New Jersey): Lots of snow here...

Pete (NC): Five inches of snow and half the office doesn't show up. Why am I here then?

Michael (New York): Hey Jay, do you think Buzz is going to read comments to Ana from half an hour ago when she gets there at 10:30?

Buzzmaster: (10:04 AM ET ) Yes, I will. I just wanted to embarrass Jay a little bit. No reason why. Just cuz.

J.B. (Dunmore, PA): I was supposed to be in Atlantic City today but had to cancel at the last minute. Sometimes not going to A.C. is luckier than being there.

Jeff (Iowa): Translators are standing by to help Buzz read a restraining order written in Russian.

BJ (Carmel, NY): I just tracked snow and slush into my apt, and cleaned with the Shamwow in one stroke.

Robert (Raleigh NC): Thoughts and prayers with the families of the missing NFL players and the other 2 people as well. Hope they return safely.

Steph(Cincy): Snow days never get old, even though I have

Joe (Huntsville,AL): David, try parking in the garage instead of the living room.

Miner (San Francisco): Did you have a generator running in the house?

Miner (San Francisco): Tell Ana I'm single...and I look like Ashton Kutcher

Clinton (Indianapolis): I wonder if Steiny will ask Ana why she's so awesome.

David (Boston): It will take a lot more than carbon monoxide to keep me away from the Morning Buzz when I have a day off

Mike(Charlotte): If only 1/3 of the office makes it in, does that mean we can leave early?

Buzzmaster: (10:06 AM ET ) Depends. Is your boss one of the 1/3?

Jay (Orlando): Sorry, didn't know it was going to be till 10:30...and couldn't you come up with something better than that.

Steph(Cincy): Do you have your Snuggie on today? Perfect for chattig

Jay Cutler: Buzz, will you please let the Broncos know I'm not talking to them. XOXO

Bob(Lowell): How's the snow....Buzzo?

Buzzmaster: (10:07 AM ET ) Still coming down, Bob-o.

J.B. (Dunmore, PA): Today is my wife's birthday. I got here a Sopranos cake, which I know she will like. If Housh signs with the Vikes, I will get a present on her birthday.

Mike(Charlotte): Yep, my boss and his boss are both out

Joe (Huntsville,AL): Buzz you are not only fat, but unfunny. You are my favorite chat host. Good luck today.

Godish (Chicago): Went thru my ESPN the Mag and saw that Jmerms and Steiny each had questions in the Stu Scott section. C'mon!

David Fairborn, OH: In all seriousness, what is better... receiving a large tax return one time because you give too much each month, or having a little more money, about a 100 bucks more on each paycheck. I'm thinking the former, but I'm not sure. I may want to adjust for next year.

Jeff (Iowa): Ashton Kutcher - still making Iowa proud...

Buzzmaster: (10:08 AM ET ) I think he could buy Iowa at this point.

Brian (Michigan): Congrats to Jason Kidd for hitting 10K assists. Only 5800 behind Stockton.

Ryan (San Diego): Josh Mcdaniels is one smart guy. He knows Jay Cutler is pure pulse

Efrain (Bayonne NJ): I hope heaven repays me kindly for shoveling the snow for 7 other houses

Miner (San Francisco): I'm doing a snuggie pub crawl in a couple of weeks. should be interesting

Robert (Raleigh NC): Bob-o is a former nickname of mine. As well as Volvo and Skippy. Current nicknames include Tizz, Tizzle, and Tivvle.

Buzzmaster: (10:09 AM ET ) You need new nicknames.

Steph(Cincy): David, take the 100 bucks more. Why give the Fed's an interest free loan with your money?

Tom (West Bloomfield, MI): Godish: I saw that, too. In a related story, my eyes are still burning from all the sulfuric acid I poured directly into them.

Mike(Charlotte): The snow doesn't bother me as much as the ice we may have tonight. We got about 5 inches of rain this weekend. I saw the animals pairing up preparing for Noah to arrive

Ben (Charlotte): Robert's new nickname is NCJ 221944

Blake (Minnesota): Why would TJ still be in Minnesota if he wasnt going to sign here, has anyone ever signed with another team while visiting a team?

Patrick ( Louisville ): Forget heaven, those neighbors should repay you in cake.

Brian (Michigan): Nice to see the Patriots deal Cassel to their buddy in KC for a bag of apples.

Buzzmaster: (10:11 AM ET ) I'm surprised they accepted that much. I still don't know how a Vrabel for draft pick deal on Friday turns into a Vrabel and Cassel for same draft pick deal on Saturday night.

Lane Kiffin (TN): You cant sign with another team while visitign another team...It is a fact.

Steph(Cincy): Shaq is back and according to him, he never left.

chaz (sa tx): buzz'z new nickname buzzcp30

fred (omaha): i don't have any friends, but if they did, they would call me fred.

Kyle(Phoenix) [via mobile]: Lots of Sunshine here. Last time we had snow in Phx was 1990 for 1 day

JB (TX): Is it just me, or did Cassel AND Vrabel for a 2nd rounder seem a little light? I know Vrabel is on the downside, but he's still effective.

Pitino (Louisville): Noah is not walking through that door.

Steven(CA) [via mobile]: Weren't the patriots asking for two first round picks and they settled for a lousy 2nd rounder for cassel

Pete (NC): My wife's birthday is my half-birthday. When we started dating, she got me a half-birthday present on her birthday. That means that I have to buy her TWO birhtday presents EVERY year.

Buzzmaster: (10:12 AM ET ) Sucker.

chaz (sa tx): *throws ice cubes at kyle , take that!*

J.B. (Dunmore, PA): If Cutler, Warner, and McNabb are all on the market, methinks the Vikes may have reacted too quickly in trading for Sage Rosenfels.

Joe (Huntsville,AL): I believe the GMs played a few rounds of flip cup over the weekend and then got down to business.

Jay (NY): TJ will sign with the Falcons and they will then have Turner and Housh. Oh yes I'll be here all week.

Ben (Charlotte): The Pats did free up a lot of cap space and got rid of an aging linebacker.

Tom (West Bloomfield, MI): David: I have the government take out more money than they should each paycheck, too. It's like a forced piggy bank. If I had that extra money in my check, I'd just blow it anyway.

Buzzmaster: (10:14 AM ET ) On snuff, meth, hookers, booze and microwave meals.

Greg (Boston): jay somehow your attempt at humor got me to smile, so thank you

Robert (Raleigh NC) : Can I be "that guy" for a second? I had someone call a 5 times the big blind raise on me (about half his stack I might add) this weekend with K 8 off suit. He hit trip 8's, won the hand, and then the tournament. Ugh....

Buzzmaster: (10:15 AM ET ) Boooooooooooo.

Tom (West Bloomfield, MI): Wow, Buzz. You nailed it.

The Suits (Bristol): Buzz, you've come to the end of the road. We need to get younger, plus your contract is such a problem we've come to call you Buzz's Expiring Contract around here. We're going with this Pulse guy. He's younger, cheaper, and has better dexterity in his hands. Thanks for the memories, but hit the road pal. Tatum Bell will get your bags....

Joe (DC): The lions will pick staffordWE GET 7 INCHES A SNOW

Joe (Huntsville,AL): Buzz just posted the title to JB in Texas' book title

David Fairborn, OH: That's what I figure, it's a forced piggy bank. So I can spend half and save half. Doubles my savings account.

Jeff (Iowa): Robert, you're just playing for cigarettes. Relax.

Efrain (Bayonne NJ): Happy to say the dry cleaners didn't ruin my one good suit that I proudly wore for the wedding

Clinton (Indianapolis): I think Buzz managed to include all of us on that response to Tom. JB, me, Nate and Brian...nicely played, you dirty tyrant.

Greg (Boston): I thought complaining about bad beats went out with popped collars and zubazz

JB (TX): Snuff, meth, hookers, booze, and microwave meals? Well, I like 3 of those 5 things...

Jeff (Iowa): We did our taxes over the weekend. No sense in filing until April 14.

David Fairborn, OH: Look, TJ is staying in Cincy. The contract he's offered is more than a few of the higher paid receivers in the league, he has Carson Palmer throwing him the ball (instead of Sage Rosenfels, Tavaris Jackson or John David Booty), and he has Chad on the other side. Sorry, he'll be a Bengal.

David (Boston): Alright I gotta run early today....peace

Matt (East Hartford via Albany): That must have been a lot of cigarettes, Robert. What was it, a one pack buy in?

BJ (Carmel, NY): If 5 times the big blind is half his stack, he has every right to push over the top of you...alhtough he has no fold equity.

Jeremy (Boston): So, if your KC, do you turn around and deal Cassell to Denver for Cutler and a pick, or to the Bucs for a 1st, 3rd and more?

Prince (Pittsburgh): No snow but it's a brisk 14 degrees today. I hate winter.

Donald Trump (Towers): BUZZ YOU ARE FIRED.

Patrick ( Louisville ): However, if he stays in Cinci he has to be a Bengal...huge downside.

Scott Pioli (Now ith KC): I tell you what Bill, give me Cassell and Vrabel, and I won't let out the other stuff you did. Or the videos I have.

Buzzmaster: (10:19 AM ET ) Now there's the side to the deal that I can believe.

Mike (Happy Valley, Pa): Always deal outside of your division!

Godish (Chicago): Why would the Chiefs make that trade when Rex Grossman is available on the open market?

J.B. (Dunmore, PA): Ten minutes to Ana!

Scott Pioli (Now ith KC): I thought about black mailing bill for Brady. But thought that might be too far.

Efrain (Bayonne NJ): Yay, we're being treated to pizza today...hooray snowy day

Rex Grossman (Chicago): I wouldn't take me over Cassel, either.

Rex (Chi): Godish I am the man do not hurt my feelings.

chaz (sa tx): oh by the way TAKEN freakin sweet movie!!!

Justin (Chicago): Everytime I read the word "Chiefs", I read it "Chefs". I think I'm damaged from the old Snickers commercial.

Miner (San Francisco): Pioli is on steroids

David Fairborn, OH: Blackmailing is a federal offense no? If that was true, Billy would just have to turn Scott Pioli in to the Feds, right?

Joe (Huntsville,AL): Don't make Rex cry into his sweater his has tied around his neck.

Nate (Madison): Don't worry Buzz, I'm here.

Mike (Happy Valley, Pa): So, what exactly, were the Patriots thinking when they dealt Cassell? I mean, did they even have a 3rd string QB?

Scott (Brewtown): Strangest weather ever. I live 20mile inland from the great pond, but work 1 mile from said pond. This am I leave for in work in blue skies & sunshine, with no snow on the ground. I get to work to find a blizzard and 10 inches already on the ground. Very weird

chaz (sa tx): in a perfect world david .... yes.

Albert Haynesworth (rich): Just like Jim Calhoun said, not one cent!

Scott Pioli (Now ith KC): By black mailing, I really meant just convincing Bill it was in his best interest to do the deal I want.

Bill Belichick (Boston, MA): I misinterpreted the trade.

Buzz (Master): Nate (Madison) nobody cares.

Robert (Raleigh NC) : Do people really not understand the salary cap?

chaz (sa tx): yea the 3rd string is the guy who throws hot dogs in the stands, you know bill likes finding good deals.

Jay (Orlando): Hey Mike, by dumping Cassel alone, they saved 14 million dollars...why would someone keep a backup at that pay?

Ben (Charlotte): Chaz, go sit in the corner for being lame.

Roger Clemens (Texas): I misheard

Godell (The man): Robert (Raleigh NC) do you understand it? I don't.

Jeremy (Boston): Mike, dealing Cassell to KC puts him in the same division as dealing him to Denver.......

A-Rod (Tampa): Excuse me. We are almost halfway through this chat and none of you have mentioned ME.

Buzzmaster: (10:27 AM ET ) Sorry, you've been trumped by Ana today.

Rich (Douglas AK) : More Ana Ivanovic, less everything else.

Robert (Raleigh NC) : So Buzz, I had UNC basketball season tickets this year and have not been to a single game - and I'll be out of town this weekend for the Duke game. Thoughts on missing every game?

Buzzmaster: (10:28 AM ET ) No problem, you've been in the clink. Though, you should be about $1500 richer after selling off all the tickets.

Mike (Happy Valley, Pa): You don't tag someone making 14 mill, then trade him for a 2nd round pick, or do you? I'm confused!

Scott (Brewtown): The only caps I understand are the ones that have my favorite team's logo on them

Miner (San Francisco): It's hard to get to games when you're behind bars

David Fairborn, OH: My thoughts are you're wasting a lot of money there Robert.

tommy (yonkers, ny): i love ana!

BJ (Carmel, NY): The economy is so bad, UNC is offering tickets on commissary.

Rich (Douglas AK): The Chefs won't compete for a couple years, no harm in dumping celery. *booing myself*

Steph(Cincy): All this trade,salary cap, free agency stuff makes me glad I am a college football fan.

Clinton (Indianapolis): Agreed. If you've missed every game, why did you buy them in the first place?

Robert (Raleigh NC) : Ah, Buzz. You are a wise man. In an unrelated post, Craigslist and Stubhug are great for scal...I mean, selling tickets.

Ana Ivanovic (somewhere): Sorry I can't come today. I am too busy being amazing.

Buzzmaster: (10:30 AM ET ) Don't tease me like that.

Dave (Tampa): The Pats had no leverage on the deal. Everyone knew they franchised Cassel to deal him.

David Stern (NYC): I think what Robert needs to do is ditch the tickets for those amateurs and buy season tickets for the Bobcats. Cmon, it's Michael Jordan's team!

Ben (Charlotte): Think Ana will be impressed when I spit some basic French at her?

Buzzmaster: (10:31 AM ET ) No, because I will read her the question, butcher the French and say something totally ridiculous and attribute it to her.

The Morning Buzz (Effect): Could Cassel's Trade Effect the Jets?

fred (omaha): Buzz, I'm on Stubhug, too. Where can I deliver yours?

Brian (Michigan): I dont think Ana will care since shes from the former Yugoslavia.

Buzzmaster: (10:32 AM ET ) We've got Ana!

Liz, England: Hi Ana,can you tell me how you cope with jet lag, and how long does it take you to get over jet lag?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:34 AM ET ) Yeah, especially the first few times. But now, with all the traveling, we adjust quickly. The first day, I try to stay up all day, go shopping, but the most important thing is to not try to nap. If you nap, it's not going to be a short one.

Rickey (Chicago): How excited were you to be a part of the event tonight?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:34 AM ET ) I'm very excited. As soon as they approached, I was excited. Madison Square Garden is very well known. I'm very excited to play there.

Pam, Mexico City: Now that Venus Williams came to play in Acapulco, is there any possibility for you to come to Acapulco next year?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:35 AM ET ) Well, I was approached for that tournament. Obviously, I would like to play. But it's very hard to talk about schedules for next year. It changes a lot.

Scott (New Jersey): Whst is the format of the tennis match tonight in NYC?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:36 AM ET ) The format will be the matches will start at 7:30. Jankovic and Venus will start and following that I will play Serena. The winners will play half an hour after the second match and they will play a normal best of 3 set.

Nitin, Clemson, SC: Hey Ana, I was wondering what you would consider your greatest achievement to date. Is it winning at Roland Garros? Or maybe reaching number one?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:37 AM ET ) For me, winning a Grand Slam. It was a special event in my career. It was even better because I made No. 1 in the world after, but it is something I will never forget.

Keith (NJ): What kind of impact has Billie Jean King had on your life?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:38 AM ET ) She's a great champion. She's brough so much to women's tennis. It's a great opportunity to participate in this event. She's a great woman. I'm sure I can learn a lot from her.

ray gordon reid darlington sc 29532: question TO ANA HI ANA WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE COUNTRY OR CITY YOU PLAYED TENNIS AT

Ana Ivanovic: (10:38 AM ET ) It's hard to say. I love Australia. It's my favorite country to play. I have a lot of fans down there. I enjoy playing there.

victor(boston): as you think it will be a duel against Serena today?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:39 AM ET ) I think it's going to be a great match. We played just a few weeks ago in Dubai. She's tough to play against. Everything will be quick, so you have to be on the ball from the first point on.

Jeff (Iowa): Ana, who is your toughest opponent, someone you have really struggled against?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:40 AM ET ) It really depends on the level of the game at any given moment. There are lots of tough opponents out there. The Williams sisters are tough because they ahve a powerful game and it's not very common in women's tennis.

Yvonne, Germany: Hey Ana! How much hours do you practise tennis a day when there´s no tournament and how much time do you spend on doing fitness? All the best! :)

Ana Ivanovic: (10:40 AM ET ) In the offseason, I usually do 3-4 hours of tennis a day, plus about 2 hours of fitness.

Jeff (Michigan): What is the most funniest thing that has happened to you on the tour?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:41 AM ET ) Between players, not so much. Even though we see each other week after week, we don't hang out much. But definitely, within the team, we have lots of funny experiences.

Gavin (Miami, FL): Hi Ana, I'm rooting for you all the way tonight; good luck! How do the setting and mood of this tournament compare to that of some others, such as the Slams or the Fed Cup?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:42 AM ET ) Thank you very much. This is going to be a great experience. I'm quite nervous, even though it's just an exhibition. I really want to go out there and enjoy it. It will be really special and something I won't forget.

Pete; Las Vegas: Are you happy about playing Serena in the first match?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:43 AM ET ) Obviously it's tough, but every player here is tough. It's going to be a great match. You ahve to be on the ball from the first moment on.

Xavier (France): Hi Ana. Sorry for my english. How do you feel before Indian Wells next week ? I hope that you will win this tournament. You are the best !

Ana Ivanovic: (10:43 AM ET ) I feel good. I really felt like my game has been improving the last couple of weeks. It's a great event. I enjoy competing there. I'm looking forward to it to start.

Scott (New Jersey): Will you be staying to visit NYC after tonight or off to the next event?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:44 AM ET ) I'm off tomorrow to the next tournament. But I got here Friday night, so I had the weekend to see New York. It was amazing, I've never seen New York at this time of year. It's snowing today, so it's nice and cozy.

Don from Toronto: Ana, you appear to be hitting more topspin forehands and a kick serve. Are these shots you have been working on since last year?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:45 AM ET ) That's very observant. It's true. I worked a lot on my spin on my shots and my serve. It's a plan for me. An aggressive game is something I want to implement in my matches.

Heather (Greenville, SC): What are some of your favorite places to visit in NYC?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:45 AM ET ) We're staying just across from Central Park. That was nice. We have a view of the Park with the snow, so that's not bad. And I have to confess, I've been shopping!

Stetson Thomas: North Augusta, South Carolina: Where do you rank yourself among the top players on tour and behind who?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:46 AM ET ) I think rankings, everyone that has a position deserves that position. It's fair enough. Everyone's aiming for the top. But overall, I think the rankings are pretty fair.

Aska (Poland): How do you feel before the game, I will keep fingers crossed for you greetings from Polish fans.

Scott (New Jersey): Do you enjoy any other sports besides tennis?

Ana Ivanovic: (10:47 AM ET ) Yeah, I enjoy basketball. My father was a basketball player. Water polo and volleyball is pretty big in Serbia, so I always follow that.

Ana Ivanovic: (10:48 AM ET ) Thanks for supporting me. It's great to know that I have a lot of supporters in the States. I hope you enjoy this event tonight!

Buzzmaster: (10:48 AM ET ) Thanks Ana!

Buzzmaster: (10:48 AM ET ) She was super nice.

gaviotabr
Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Ana just had her chat with ESPN!

BUZZMASTER
We've got Ana!

Liz, England
Hi Ana,can you tell me how you cope with jet lag, and how long does it take you to get over jet lag?

ANA IVANOVIC
Yeah, especially the first few times. But now, with all the traveling, we adjust quickly. The first day, I try to stay up all day, go shopping, but the most important thing is to not try to nap. If you nap, it's not going to be a short one.

Rickey (Chicago)
How excited were you to be a part of the event tonight?

ANA IVANOVIC
I'm very excited. As soon as they approached, I was excited. Madison Square Garden is very well known. I'm very excited to play there.

Pam, Mexico City
Now that Venus Williams came to play in Acapulco, is there any possibility for you to come to Acapulco next year?

ANA IVANOVIC
Well, I was approached for that tournament. Obviously, I would like to play. But it's very hard to talk about schedules for next year. It changes a lot.

Scott (New Jersey)
Whst is the format of the tennis match tonight in NYC?

ANA IVANOVIC
The format will be the matches will start at 7:30. Jankovic and Venus will start and following that I will play Serena. The winners will play half an hour after the second match and they will play a normal best of 3 set.

Nitin, Clemson, SC
Hey Ana, I was wondering what you would consider your greatest achievement to date. Is it winning at Roland Garros? Or maybe reaching number one?

ANA IVANOVIC
For me, winning a Grand Slam. It was a special event in my career. It was even better because I made No. 1 in the world after, but it is something I will never forget.

Keith (NJ)
What kind of impact has Billie Jean King had on your life?

ANA IVANOVIC
She's a great champion. She's brough so much to women's tennis. It's a great opportunity to participate in this event. She's a great woman. I'm sure I can learn a lot from her.

ray gordon reid darlington sc 29532
question TO ANA HI ANA WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE COUNTRY OR CITY YOU PLAYED TENNIS AT

ANA IVANOVIC
It's hard to say. I love Australia. It's my favorite country to play. I have a lot of fans down there. I enjoy playing there.

victor(boston)
as you think it will be a duel against Serena today?

ANA IVANOVIC
I think it's going to be a great match. We played just a few weeks ago in Dubai. She's tough to play against. Everything will be quick, so you have to be on the ball from the first point on.

Jeff (Iowa)
Ana, who is your toughest opponent, someone you have really struggled against?

ANA IVANOVIC
It really depends on the level of the game at any given moment. There are lots of tough opponents out there. The Williams sisters are tough because they ahve a powerful game and it's not very common in women's tennis.

Yvonne, Germany
Hey Ana! How much hours do you practise tennis a day when there´s no tournament and how much time do you spend on doing fitness? All the best! :)

ANA IVANOVIC
In the offseason, I usually do 3-4 hours of tennis a day, plus about 2 hours of fitness.

Jeff (Michigan)
What is the most funniest thing that has happened to you on the tour?

ANA IVANOVIC
Between players, not so much. Even though we see each other week after week, we don't hang out much. But definitely, within the team, we have lots of funny experiences.

Gavin (Miami, FL)
Hi Ana, I'm rooting for you all the way tonight; good luck! How do the setting and mood of this tournament compare to that of some others, such as the Slams or the Fed Cup?

ANA IVANOVIC
Thank you very much. This is going to be a great experience. I'm quite nervous, even though it's just an exhibition. I really want to go out there and enjoy it. It will be really special and something I won't forget.

Pete; Las Vegas
Are you happy about playing Serena in the first match?

ANA IVANOVIC
Obviously it's tough, but every player here is tough. It's going to be a great match. You ahve to be on the ball from the first moment on.

Xavier (France)
Hi Ana. Sorry for my english. How do you feel before Indian Wells next week ?I hope that you will win this tournament. You are the best !

ANA IVANOVIC
I feel good. I really felt like my game has been improving the last couple of weeks. It's a great event. I enjoy competing there. I'm looking forward to it to start.

Scott (New Jersey)
Will you be staying to visit NYC after tonight or off to the next event?

ANA IVANOVIC
I'm off tomorrow to the next tournament. But I got here Friday night, so I had the weekend to see New York. It was amazing, I've never seen New York at this time of year. It's snowing today, so it's nice and cozy.

Don from Toronto
Ana, you appear to be hitting more topspin forehands and a kick serve. Are these shots you have been working on since last year?

ANA IVANOVIC
That's very observant. It's true. I worked a lot on my spin on my shots and my serve. It's a plan for me. An aggressive game is something I want to implement in my matches.

ANA IVANOVIC
We're staying just across from Central Park. That was nice. We have a view of the Park with the snow, so that's not bad. And I have to confess, I've been shopping!

Stetson Thomas: North Augusta, South Carolina
Where do you rank yourself among the top players on tour and behind who?

ANA IVANOVIC
I think rankings, everyone that has a position deserves that position. It's fair enough. Everyone's aiming for the top. But overall, I think the rankings are pretty fair.

Aska (Poland)
How do you feel before the game, I will keep fingers crossed for you greetings from Polish fans.

Scott (New Jersey)
Do you enjoy any other sports besides tennis?

ANA IVANOVIC
Yeah, I enjoy basketball. My father was a basketball player. Water polo and volleyball is pretty big in Serbia, so I always follow that.

ANA IVANOVIC
Thanks for supporting me. It's great to know that I have a lot of supporters in the States. I hope you enjoy this event tonight!

BUZZMASTER
Thanks Ana!

BUZZMASTER
She was super nice.

InsideOut.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:56 PM
Ana :hearts:

InsideOut.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:56 PM
Isabela you were far too slow :lol:

jelenacg
Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Nothing new ,but it`s not like i was expecting much
She is excited :lol::worship:
I`m sure even JJ looked bored during those interviews she will also be excited when she sees those big screens in MSG :lol:

gaviotabr
Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Isabela you were far too slow :lol:

That's what happens to me for wanting to highlight Ana's answers! :lol: And when I saw I had posted it after someone else, I wanted to delete it and the site crashed. At least I couldn't open the forum for more than 30 minutes. :help:

Charlieflip
Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Hahaha

jelenacg
Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM

That's what happens to me for wanting to highlight Ana's answers! :lol: And when I saw I had posted it after someone else, I wanted to delete it and the site crashed. At least I couldn't open the forum for more than 30 minutes. :help:

Neither could I

spiritedenergy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Nothing new ,but it`s not like i was expecting much
She is excited :lol::worship:
I`m sure even JJ looked bored during those interviews she will also be excited when she sees those big screens in MSG :lol:

:haha:
I think Ana said she's excited like a 3 times in one phrase :lol:.
And how many screens are in MSG? I think Jelena may go into nirvana or something.:lol:

spiritedenergy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
pictures here of a press conference. Serena is looking at Ana in a strange way:unsure::scared:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo;_ylt=AlHmmcO0yEat8EUWGgjzEqU4v7YF?slug=5b790 25990584ff7904a393d8e430591.billie_jean_king_cup_t ennis_nybm103&prov=ap#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2C ap%3A20050301%3Aten%2Cphoto%2C5b79025990584ff7904a 393d8e430591.billie_jean_king_cup_tennis_nybm103%3 A1

Mixo
Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Any livestream?

Charlieflip
Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports

Try this when the time draws near, someone should post from MSG.

jelenacg
Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:20 PM
http://globalvillagetennisnews.com/
They have their conference on audio,really nice too bad they don`t have video of that conference

spiritedenergy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 11:45 PM
From General messages:

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Billie Jean King is ready to celebrate the return of women's tennis to Madison Square Garden with the Williams sisters and former President Bill Clinton on Monday night.

The founder of the Women's Tennis Association was still upset about the visa troubles at the Dubai tournament two weeks ago and adamant the tour won't return there next year if the problem recurs. Shahar Peer of Israel was denied a visa to play in Dubai, with the government citing security concerns.

"Believe me, it will never happen again," King told The Associated Press. "We won't be there, I can guarantee you that. Our sport has to set an example of freedom and equality."

The WTA fined the tournament a record $300,000, and Dubai officials later allowed Israel's Andy Ram to play in the men's tournament the following week. Officials had said they feared fan anger over Israel's recent military offensive in the Gaza Strip.

Venus Williams, who was to play former No. 1 Jelena Jankovic in a semifinal at the Garden for the Billie Jean King Cup on Monday night, was optimistic there would be no visa issues next year.

"I think everything was resolved," Williams said Monday at a press conference. "Unless there's further issues, I think it's all been resolved and we'll be fine next year."

Williams won the Dubai tournament on Feb. 21 and addressed the controversy during the trophy presentation, saying she'd return to defend her title next year if everyone was given an equal chance to play.

"As players, we all support each other," she said. "Of course, we were very supportive of Peer."

King said the WTA was "blind-sided" and learned at the press conference announcing the draw that Peer wouldn't be competing in the tournament.

"They threw a curve at the last second," King said. "They've promised that she'll be all right next year. But we'll see."

In the meantime, fans were to get a chance to see the top women's players compete at the Garden for the first time in nearly a decade. The one-night exhibition was also to feature top-ranked Serena Williams against Ana Ivanovic, playing for $1.2 million in total prize money. The winner of the three-set final receives $400,000.

Clinton was to participate in a ceremony honoring King, and the tennis great was to join John McEnroe and Mary Carillo in the booth for the live broadcast on HBO.

"I hope it blossoms into an annual event," HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg said. "If you can get Grand Slam champions showing up at Madison Square Garden every year, why not?"

The Garden hosted the WTA season-ending championships every year but one from 1977-2000. The event then hopscotched around the world to Munich, Los Angeles and Madrid before landing last year in Doha, Qatar, where it will be held through 2010.

"The reason it moved is people kept offering more money to have it," King said. "Asia started to get interested in tennis and so they started offering big bucks because the government paid.

"You've got a free enterprise system here trying to compete with a government system there, and it can't. They absolutely pay astronomical amounts. It doesn't matter if the tournament makes money to them, they want to have the event. Then you've got Middle East money -- it's humongous."

The Williams sisters will continue their boycott of the tournament at Indian Wells, Calif., one of the mandatory events on the WTA schedule. In 2001, Venus defaulted with a knee injury before a semifinal match against Serena and they were booed by the crowd. They've skipped the tournament the last seven years.

King is among a group of investors at Indian Wells, along with Chris Evert, Greg Norman, Pete Sampras and others. She isn't expecting the Williams sisters to play in the March 11-22 tournament in their home state.

"I'd love them to play if it was in their hearts to play," King said. "I totally understand why they don't. I'd like them to forgive, so they can move on, whether they play in the tournament or not."

BNP Paribas is sponsoring the Billie Jean King Cup. StarGames, which brought the sold-out Pete Sampras-Roger Federer exhibition match to the Garden last March, is producing the event.

The tournament is part of "Tennis Night in America," an effort by the U.S. Tennis Association to get youth registered for the sport. More than 750 tennis and community centers are signing up kids for spring and summer leagues, the USTA said.

It's 400,000$ for the winner. Now that's more reasonable.

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:03 AM
They have their conference on audio,really nice too bad they don`t have video of that conference

thanks I couldn't understand that well but I heard something:p

schorsch
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:09 AM
they say it will be shown here: http://www.justin.tv/chadgate... i am not sure but the channel owner says he will.

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:23 AM
they say it will be shown here: http://www.justin.tv/chadgate... i am not sure but the channel owner says he will.

there is still a trashy movie and people chatting writing things like "The WS own WTA tennis" "Justin trashed Momo" "They hit each others with balls":unsure::scared:

Edit: the movie is over :-) Thanks sccccchorsccccch

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:26 AM
The movie ended let`s hope they will show BJC
I`m sleepy it`s 1:30 am here :)

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
The movie ended let`s hope they will show BJC
I`m sleepy it`s 1:30 am here :)

please stay awake. I'm at work pretending to work overtime:lol::help: (i'm really working though:p)

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:32 AM
Yea it starts :):bounce:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
:bounce: It looks packed:eek:

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:41 AM
I`m scared for Ana ,Venus and JJ looks ready to fight

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:44 AM
Venus looks tired:tape:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:51 AM
JJ is playing pretty good now:eek:

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:53 AM
Yes she does,but she really played a lot lately
I agree for now JJ plays good

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Ana talking about enjoying:lol:

Ana you better fight 'til the bitter end:armed::boxing:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:02 AM
JJ wants to challenge:haha:

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:04 AM
Yes :haha::haha:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:06 AM
who said "a lot of pollution in Acapulco?" Sure not as much as in NYC:weirdo:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:07 AM
JJ is playing pretty well.

I just hope Ana plays well too.. aisss

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:10 AM
Hi gaviotabr:wavey:

Venus's 2nd serve is really improved:eek:

dramaqueen:lol:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:13 AM
JJ just handed Venus this game. Venus to serve for the match.

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:13 AM
Hi gaviotabr:wavey:

Venus's 2nd serve is really improved:eek:

dramaqueen:lol:

Hi spirit! :wavey:

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
That was one crappy game from JJ

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:16 AM
I Venus going to choke? 2 doubles in a row!

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:17 AM
JJ unforced errors are awful:tape:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
I Venus going to choke? 2 doubles in a row!

No choke. Venus wins 6-4.

JJ did play pretty well... it was just that one crappy game.

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:19 AM
JJ held her ground pretty good. Now Ana:unsure::scared:

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:20 AM
Now Ana
That one set wasn`t pretty at all

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:23 AM
Aiss.. I really want Ana to play well.. :unsure:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:25 AM
Now Ana
That one set wasn`t pretty at all

Yes kind of blah

I feel so scared for Ana:tape::help:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:30 AM
Kardon:lol: He wants Ana at the net more, oh my

The Daviator
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:31 AM
Ana looks :hearts:

Win some games :hearts:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:31 AM
Kardon:lol: He wants Ana at the net more, oh my

Oh My! I see her at the net every point.. :unsure:

I liked what Serena said about Ana in the presentation.. that she has a lot of power and variety!

Snex
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:32 AM
One set is not enough for JJ. She didn't even warm up. Now Ana. Ajdeeeeeeeeee Anaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

-NAJ-
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Good luck Ana

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:38 AM
Ana is doing pretty good:worship:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
bagel avoided:bounce:

doni1212
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:40 AM
Ana is playing really well!!

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:40 AM
great forehand!:eek:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
2 Bp waisted:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:43 AM
Oh.. Ana had a chance there! :sad:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:43 AM
Oh.. Ana had a chance there! :sad:

she used the slice BH twice in a row, that was a mistake IMHO

Snex
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:44 AM
Ana plays well for now. She almost broke Serena. I hope it will happen soon.

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:45 AM
she used the slice BH twice in a row, that was a mistake IMHO

Definitely... she could have attacked with the BH, instead of waiting for an error from Serena.

Now watch her get broken.....

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
she went to the net at the wrong moment again. Kardon:(

Snex
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
Oh Shit!!!

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:47 AM
Once she missed those BPs, I just knew she would get broken. Ana is so predictable.

Please avoid the breadstick... :sad:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:47 AM
WTF? Those net aproaches are just horrible...

-NAJ-
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:48 AM
It's not over

Go Ana

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:48 AM
Oh my Ana don`t embarass yourself now:tape:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:49 AM
Ana was playing well up until those BPs wasted. Now it's :help:..

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
Hold now please! Avoid the breadstick! :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:52 AM
avoided breadstick:p

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:52 AM
Breadstick avoided!

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:55 AM
Ana Don`t Come To The Net Like That!

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:57 AM
2 BPs wasted once again... another awful aproach shot.

I know Kardon wants her to go to the net.. but this is going at the wrong time... awful..

jelenacg
4 bp didn`t use one
Still i like Ana vs Serena match up :)

doni1212
I posted in the wrong thread on that post. I deleted it. Sorry guys!

doni1212
Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:58 AM
I still think Ana has a lot of her confidence back!

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:00 AM
3 games, 4 BPs... pretty good:p

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
she did not bad after all. Ana:hug:

Davodus
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:06 AM
i missed the match :bigcry:
how did she play? and how did serena play?

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:06 AM
6-3. At least it was just one break.

Ana played ok. Pretty well at times, except for those awful terrible ugly aproach shots.. those just need a lot of work. She did have some great forehands though.

Also.. Ana had so many chances... so many.. 4 BPs.. and 2 deciding points.. But really wasted some with stupid shot selection and awful aproach shots.

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:08 AM
Yes not bad
Ana :hug:
You will use you chances when the time is right
She played bad one game but i think she is definitely on the right was :)
These commentators are horrible:fiery:
Sometimes i`m asking myself do we watch the same match

Davodus
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:10 AM
ok i'm glad she played alright (besides break points) and it was only one break :)
i think her confidence is definitely returning
bring on indian wells :armed:

Snex
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:13 AM
Ana's slowly but surely coming back. She played well. I wish her good luck in the future.

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:14 AM
Yes not bad
Ana :hug:
You will use you chances when the time is right
She played bad one game but i think she is definitely on the right was :)
These commentators are horrible:fiery:
Sometimes i`m asking myself do we watch the same match

Yes.. she had a crappy UEs filled game... and missed lots of opportunities.. either being defensive with slices or brainless agressive with horrible aproach shots.

I just hope that all this net rushing is controlled.. I was quite scared when I heard Kardon saying that he wanted her to go to the net.. well, not after short balls!

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:15 AM
Ana's slowly but surely coming back. She played well. I wish her good luck in the future.

Thanks Associated!

luv_sweetAna
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:15 AM
She didn't play bad at all. Key point of the ''match'' was that she missed 4 precious break points to get back on serve. She had a few nice forehands and I love her slices, she just needs to work on the net aproach shots. I mean, you don't come to the net at every point, sweetheart. But it was an ok display. She has a week now to work on weaknesses to be able to defend her title in a week time.

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:16 AM
Yes.. she had a crappy UEs filled game... and missed lots of opportunities.. either being defensive with slices or brainless agressive with horrible aproach shots.

I just hope that all this net rushing is controlled.. I was quite scared when I heard Kardon saying that he wanted her to go to the net.. well, not after short balls!

I agree, he said ``I like aggressive players``, but going to the net doesn`t fit everyone. It should be more what suits Ana best, not what he likes more:confused:

luv_sweetAna
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:18 AM

I cringed when he said that. And I am not kidding.

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:19 AM
I cringed when he said that. And I am not kidding.

well she should be an adult and understands of he`s right for her or not. If he`s not right, she can try another one.:o

The Daviator
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:20 AM
Well that was quick :lol: Still some terrible tosses, I guess this is a permanent thing now :sad: Serena was just too good, can't really read much into this 'match' at all.

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:22 AM
Forgive my writing,its 3 am here
I wanted to write your and way
About the net rushing ,Katarina Srebotnik coach is a Serbian and she was saying during Fed Cup,that it is better to keep aproaching the net and making mistakes bc that`s how you learn when it is a right time and that it`s not always that easy as it seams on tv
Anyway i liked this match better ,not only bc of Ana but bc it was better and surely audience liked it more

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:24 AM
Forgive my writing,its 3 am here
I wanted to write your and way
About the net rushing ,Katarina Srebotnik coach is a Serbian and she was saying during Fed Cup,that it is better to keep aproaching the net and making mistakes bc that`s how you learn when it is a right time and that it`s not always that easy as it seams on tv
Anyway i liked this match better ,not only bc of Ana but bc it was better and surely audience liked it more

That`s what they said also McNroe and BJK, and it`s better that she tried in an exhibition that`s for sure. So maybe that`s the right way who knows. I know myself if I don`t do mistakes I don`t learn anything so it`s probably true.:p

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:34 AM
Well.. let's hope she learns then.. This match doesn't matter all that much.. and it was good that at least Ana was creating opportunities for herself.

I'm still a bit worried though.. I hope Kardon has seen what she was doing and has a talk with her.. and I hope he thinks through this net rushing thing.. it has to be at the right time.

Davodus
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:42 AM
i'm glad she gave net rushing a go...:lol: particularly because it was an exhibition, which is the best time to try things
she and kardon should see when it works and when it doesn't for her now, and she can learn to pick the right moments (hopefully)
also, the fact she was playing serena probably didn't help, other players might have made errors more often when someone was running into the net at them

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:58 AM
According to the TV crew of the BJK Cup, former president Bill Clinton spoke with Ana and Jelena. Anyone have an idea what the conversation might have been about?

Do you remember the angst Ana had on court while playing Venus in Zurich back in 2005? I don’t think it was directed towards Venus. If you are in the opportunity to ask questions regarding this then I will read the interview or article.

doni1212
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:20 AM
Ana is being interviewed now! She looks so pretty!!

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:29 AM
the video feed stopped after ana described her game, what else did she say or was asked during the interview?

luv_sweetAna
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:32 AM
She said she lost concentration after she lost the first two BPs. And grass is green and the sky is blue. :p

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:35 AM
Can anyone confirm what spiritedenergy posted?

Bill Clinton is a war criminal.

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:36 AM
... in three Serb republics.

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:43 AM
What are you talking about being banned? His own secret service in 1993 didn't like him. If have first hand knowledge. I speak of first hand knowledge regarding his wrongdoings. That is nothing to be banned about on this Canadian website.

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:45 AM
If your an Ana fan then tell me the colour of Ana's top in her match against Venus in Zurich back in 2005. The BJK allowed Bill Clinton access to these two Serbian players so there is no reason to take this discussion elsewhere. It originated in this thread topic it will remain in this thread topic.

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
Just to make it clear. I posted a few posts where I was stating that the meeting of Clinton and the Serbian girls got me thinking about the war. I realized they were to political and I deleted them.:)

Ok after this mess I made good night, I don`t even want to watch the final anymore.

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:16 AM
You forgot to apologize to the Serbs for your instigation part of how awful it must be for Serbs then you added an insulting emoticon kiss after it.

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:19 AM
Are you frineds with Scott Byrnes, spiritedenergy? That insulting emoticon kiss is what Scott Byrnes does while he is in the player's box, how embarrassing for the Ivanovic family. No wonder why Dragana is always serious looking in the player's box.

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:20 AM
You forgot to apologize to the Serbs for your instigation part of how awful it must be for Serbs then you added an insulting emoticon kiss after it.

I didn`t say awful, i said strange. It would be strange to me if I was a Serb. The emoticon kiss was for sympathy, it wasn`t meant as an insult. I apologize if it looked like that.
I apologized to you personally with 3 PMs, now if that`s not enough please go on with your life as I will go with mine.

:wavey:

OC521
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:30 AM
Apology accepted.

Since you are Italian then you should be Flavia Pennetta's number one fan.

As for Italian's true feelings towards to the war stopping in Bosnia I can tell you I was watching Rai satellite and they were very relieved taht it came to a stop for two reasons; one: they were friends with all the Slavs in Yugoslavia, and two: their airforce base was being used for illegal bombings. So that nightmare for Italians as a neighbour came to a close... until Bill Clinton's further wrongdoings in 1999.

Silent night.

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:51 AM
Spiritedenergy ,no need to apologize simply bc you didn`t do anything wrong
You need to understand that it`s just politics and that has nothing to do with little people
Yes I supposed it was a little bit awkward to her and JJ to talk to him but it`s not like they had to talk for a few hours :lol:
It was probably just 5-10 min so it`s really isn`t that big deal
I think it was a nice gesture of him to talk to them :angel:

InsideOut.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:58 AM
Shit :sobbing:

I came home hoping that Ana had won. Didn't. Fine.
I hoped her serve had been clicking. Didn't. SHIT.

How horrible exactly was the ball toss and the approach shots? :tape: What about IW, does she have chances? I read that Kardon thought the ball toss would sort itself out, WTF?

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:09 AM
It wasn`t that bad ,yes she had a few bad tosses but her serve was ok she had a few service winners
Look now everybody knows she has that ball toss issue and even if she does it one time people will talk
She played good ,some great FH,but she didn`t play well on break points
If she played better on bp maybe the score could be different

I think she has a pretty good chance in IW ,but you never know

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:10 AM
Shit :sobbing:

I came home hoping that Ana had won. Didn't. Fine.
I hoped her serve had been clicking. Didn't. SHIT.

How horrible exactly was the ball toss and the approach shots? :tape: What about IW, does she have chances? I read that Kardon thought the ball toss would sort itself out, WTF?

I just replyed in GM.

The serve was not bad, even if the ball toss was terrible.

The aproach shots were awful though.. I don't think she won any point whatsoever at the net. She would hit a short ball directly at Serena and expect her to wait for her to get to the net I guess.. since Serena didn't really agree with this, she would just hit passing shot after passing shot even before Ana had the time to actually reach the net.

Kardon has me worried. :help:

InsideOut.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:15 AM
Is there anywhere where I can download the match? :tape:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:20 AM
Is there anywhere where I can download the match? :tape:

I guess not yet.. but I'm pretty sure there will be soon.

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:21 AM
I don`t know
She learned how to toss a ball like 15 years ago
It`s not something you forget who to do it
As we could see during her first GS final ,her ball toss is conected with her nerves,sure sometimes you can actually just toss the ball badly without any reason
So if the problem are nerves,he can only help her by teaching her how to feel good on court ,to be relaxed and just to enjoy and play your game
Then the nerves and the bad ball toss will go away :angel:

InsideOut.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:31 AM
But the problem with Ana's toss isn't just nerves. Even if you have nerves you could toss OK if your toss is solid. Let's just say, JJ in the USO final, of course she was nervous but her toss was fine, it's just that she wasn't good enough to beat Serena. JJ is pretty technically sound and it showed in the pressure moments. Ana is way more explosive, has a more powerful and dangerous serve but her toss is just :help:

Davodus
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:33 AM
I just replyed in GM.

The serve was not bad, even if the ball toss was terrible.

The aproach shots were awful though.. I don't think she won any point whatsoever at the net. She would hit a short ball directly at Serena and expect her to wait for her to get to the net I guess.. since Serena didn't really agree with this, she would just hit passing shot after passing shot even before Ana had the time to actually reach the net.

Kardon has me worried. :help:

i wouldn't worry yet about kardon, they probably had the plan to try new things tonight, given it's an exhibition, and just see how things worked out
I mean, she was only broken once, so that's good considering it's serena, but the thing they need to work on is playing percentage tennis on break points and waiting for the chances to go for winners, so she doesn't just throw them away

but essentially, I will wait and see what happens at indian wells and miami before i disagree with his coaching methods :) ;)

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
But the problem with Ana's toss isn't just nerves. Even if you have nerves you could toss OK if your toss is solid. Let's just say, JJ in the USO final, of course she was nervous but her toss was fine, it's just that she wasn't good enough to beat Serena. JJ is pretty technically sound and it showed in the pressure moments. Ana is way more explosive, has a more powerful and dangerous serve but her toss is just :help:

Yes i know other people don`t have the problem with their ball tosses when they are nervous but i think she does
In Fed cup she has a good ball toss until she has to serve for the first set
If she can have a good ball tosses in one game and than completely horrible in the other game,what can be the problem there if not the nerves

InsideOut.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:45 AM
I was just watching RG final highlights again...I miss her :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:47 AM
I was just watching RG final highlights again...I miss her :sobbing:

Me too! :sobbing:

Ana did everything so well in RG... from her mental game to her tactics to her shots.. everything was clicking. Roland Garros!Ana come back!

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:54 AM
Come on guys:lol::lol: she didn`t play bad,you should also mention that JJ didn`t have bp on Venus serve and Ana did
She is on going up again
Did anybody think those commentators were horrible :tape::fiery:
Through all the match they were talking about Serena being a GOAT and winning all 4 GS this season

InsideOut.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:59 AM
Ana's forehand angles :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:07 AM
Come on guys:lol::lol: she didn`t play bad,you should also mention that JJ didn`t have bp on Venus serve and Ana did
She is on going up again
Did anybody think those commentators were horrible :tape::fiery:
Through all the match they were talking about Serena being a GOAT and winning all 4 GS this season

I was incredibly annoyed by John McEnroe. He didn't miss any opportunity to say that he tought Ana was a mental midget, who just couldn't handle pressure. :o

And sure.. they were totally backing both Williamses.. especially Serena.

Ana didn't play bad.. she played ok, with some great forehands. She created lots of opportunities.. that's what hurts.. she couldn't take any.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:16 AM
I was incredibly annoyed by John McEnroe. He didn't miss any opportunity to say that he tought Ana was a mental midget, who just couldn't handle pressure. :o

And sure.. they were totally backing both Williamses.. especially Serena.

Ana didn't play bad.. she played ok, with some great forehands. She created lots of opportunities.. that's what hurts.. she couldn't take any.. :sobbing:

They just couldn`t shut up for one second :fiery::fiery:
He did say that Ana moves so good on clay,but god they were so annoying :tape:

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:19 AM
Ana's forehand angles :sobbing:

:lol::lol:
Stop watching RG,you are going to be depressed

Davodus
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:23 AM
you got me watching RG highlights :o
i wish she could play like that all the time :p

one day....

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:34 AM
If Kardon really wants her to come to the net more (which she says she likes after saying it many times) then I'm glad about it.
That she's doing it at the wrong time is totally her fault. Common, she can think right? You just can feel when it's the right time otherwise you really don't know what you're doing. It just shows that she doesn't know much of the book of tactics.

At least I'm glad that Kardon wants to let her play more aggressive (like she said).
And balltoss is even hard in Exhitbion? I thought she would be more relaxed now.

Except for that the game looks good now, so I'm still confident for IW.

Davodus
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:45 AM
If Kardon really wants her to come to the net more (which she says she likes after saying it many times) then I'm glad about it.
That she's doing it at the wrong time is totally her fault. Common, she can think right? You just can feel when it's the right time otherwise you really don't know what you're doing. It just shows that she doesn't know much of the book of tactics.

At least I'm glad that Kardon wants to let her play more aggressive (like she said).
And balltoss is even hard in Exhitbion? I thought she would be more relaxed now.

Except for that the game looks good now, so I'm still confident for IW.

yeah pretty much agree with all this
hopefully he can work with her on coming to the net at the right moment and it becomes more natural for her, not just charging in :)

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
I liked this blog's view on the whole exhibition.. it's a lot like mine.

http://scottiesnytales.blogspot.com/2009/03/billie-jean-king-cup.html

The second match between Seerena Williams and Ana Ivanovic was much closer with Ivanovic twice getting to 15-40 on the Williams serve but being unable to win any of the 6 break points. Williams had one break point and took it to win 6-3:

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
There was a post match press conference with Ana and JJ, audios and pics here:

Princeza
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:08 PM

Was it that bad?
An exhibition against Serena doesn't have the taste of a plain match, maybe even a single set remains a stress factor for Ana :sad:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:24 PM
Spiritedenergy ,no need to apologize simply bc you didn`t do anything wrong
You need to understand that it`s just politics and that has nothing to do with little people
Yes I supposed it was a little bit awkward to her and JJ to talk to him but it`s not like they had to talk for a few hours :lol:
It was probably just 5-10 min so it`s really isn`t that big deal
I think it was a nice gesture of him to talk to them :angel:

Thanks Jelena:hug:

I was so scared that all the Serb people would be mad at me:lol:
My name is Luca by the way;)

jelenacg
Mar 3rd, 2009, 08:42 PM

We are not that bad ,don`t worry :lol::lol:

Davodus
Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:04 PM

Hi luca :wavey:
I'm david :)

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
Hi luca :wavey:
I'm david :)

Hi David:wavey: I think I will present myself officially in the forum.:D

gaviotabr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:36 PM

Hi Luca! :wavey:

I really like your name! :hearts:

spiritedenergy
Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Hi Luca! :wavey:

I really like your name! :hearts:

Thanks, there was a song by Suzanne Vega about it (a bit sad song though):angel:

What's your name gaviotabr?

jonnyroyale_13
Mar 4th, 2009, 12:30 AM
About the exhibition..I thought Ana did pretty good. As for coming into the net, she had her agressive game plan and stuck to it, maybe it wasnt the best master plan:hug:, but it was just for fun and not much time to adjust. Match was much closer than the score, Serena came up clutch when she needed to. Against another player, id like to see how it works for Ana.
American commentary in tennis matches recycle the same talking points a lot, the stuff about the movement from McEnroe i rolled my eyes at, anyone can look awkward when Serena is blasting away. i prefer the British commentary anytime, and russian commentary as well, because i dont understand a word of it, and its got a pleasant sound to it.

Everyone giving their real names:hearts: my name is Jonathan, everyone but my family calls me Jonny, and my friend Ben named me Royale:wavey:

gaviotabr
Mar 4th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks, there was a song by Suzanne Vega about it (a bit sad song though):angel:

What's your name gaviotabr?

My name is Isabela. :D

gaviotabr
Mar 4th, 2009, 01:27 AM
About the exhibition..I thought Ana did pretty good. As for coming into the net, she had her agressive game plan and stuck to it, maybe it wasnt the best master plan:hug:, but it was just for fun and not much time to adjust. Match was much closer than the score, Serena came up clutch when she needed to. Against another player, id like to see how it works for Ana.
American commentary in tennis matches recycle the same talking points a lot, the stuff about the movement from McEnroe i rolled my eyes at, anyone can look awkward when Serena is blasting away. i prefer the British commentary anytime, and russian commentary as well, because i dont understand a word of it, and its got a pleasant sound to it.

Everyone giving their real names:hearts: my name is Jonathan, everyone but my family calls me Jonny, and my friend Ben named me Royale:wavey:

I was very annoyed by the commentary. Especially McEnroe. Ana could hit a espectacular winner.. but no praise whatsoever. And plenty of comments about how she had no experience with pressure, and couldn't deal with it at all. I kept thinking.. wait? Does she have experience or not? Because if she doesn't, he can't say that she can't deal with it... And winning a Grand Slam is pretty much dealing very well with pressure. :o

luv_sweetAna
Mar 4th, 2009, 02:35 AM
McEnroe was a pain in the ass to say the least. Not just his statements were impolite and unpleasant, like when he said JJ has a brighter future than Ana, but his arguments were also deplorable, because JJ can move better and can cope better with pressure. :help: Yeah, Ana can't deal with pressure whatsoever, that's why she has a Grand Slam victory next to her name. Where's JJ's? :rolleyes:

jonnyroyale_13
Mar 4th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I remember him saying that, again rolled my eyes. Ana won the French open,which is something he never did.:devil: I was hoping for Bud Collins, he used to do the Chase Champs in Newyork

spiritedenergy
Mar 4th, 2009, 04:58 AM

Hi Jonathan/Jonny/Royale:wavey:

My name is Isabela. :D

wow like Isabela Allende? That's a nice name:hearts:

I also didn't like their comments, McNroe, well I never like him, also at the US Open was annoying. He's always stating the same things over and over, that male tennis is better, that females are mental midgets, it's really boring:o He never says anything relevant to the ongoing game.
And BJK was complaining that the final was too long and why they didn't use the no-ad system there as well, I mean this was a celebration of tennis, not a celebration of BJK alone I hope. She may be important and everything but i find her very self-centered like the Hollywood stars:tape::help:

luv_sweetAna
Mar 4th, 2009, 05:05 AM
I like BJK, but not even her was useful at commenting. They talked during all points. :fiery:

spiritedenergy
Mar 4th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I like BJK, but not even her was useful at commenting. They talked during all points. :fiery:

I think I'm very ignorant about her... I don't even know why they are honorig her so much as she's still alive. I guess she did a lot for US tennis but exactly what?

bruce goose
Mar 4th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Crap-En-Roe is thre reason why I almost NEVER watch the ATP;men's tennis USED to be a classy sport until Whiny Bitch Johnny ushered in a generation of swishy,limp-wristed complainers...feminine men who act like divas expecting to have their every desire met.That's why I can't stand soccer.It only takes 2 minutes until I wind up thinking,"Stop bitching at the referee(or faking injuries:rolleyes:),and go f--king play!!" Maybe I got spoiled being raised on American football by my gringo father.If an immature football player spends too much time griping at the refs,his teammates will grab him by the shoulder pads and physically YANK his ass back in the huddle!!I'd pay GOOD money to see McEnroe line up against the Pittsburgh Steelers defense...and get the SNOT KNOCKED OUT OF HIM...and then get carried off the field on a stretcher:devil:.The diva McEnroe is jealous that SHE has become an irrelevant monkey turd,and that Ana and her beauty receive so much more attention