PDA

View Full Version : What a huge dissapointment!

tenn_ace
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:17 PM
Vera Douchevina doesn't play the US Open... I am staying at the US open until MOn just to see Vera...and SHE IS NOT HERE!!!!

I'm really mad.. it doesn't make any sense to me... why to play some Grade 3 tournament and not the US Open??????? (I just hope she is not injured)

the cat
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:27 PM
What are you talking about? Vera D. isn't playing the junior U.S. Open? :confused: Doesn't she want to be the #1 junior girl?

What grade 3 tournament?

Vera has really done nothing this summer. She won junior Wimbledon. But then she disappears.

Eggy is going to be very upset if she's not playing the junior U.S. Open! :mad:

tenn_ace
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:44 PM
the cat,

the draw came out and she is not in:mad: :mad:

I'm going to send her my ticket and ask for a refund:o

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:07 PM
I found out on Friday she wasn't in :(

Vera has been busy alot playing for Russia in the Team Comps, played Sopot then that Grade 3 where she basically messed about and won at a canter.

Now with her not playing all chances of #1 are basically at an end if Strycova (only top 10 in NY wins)

Plus the USTA have cancelled the Connelly Cup in December and replaced it with a Grade 1 just before Orange Bowl, that makes no sense at all.

Got no idea what has happened, no info to be found, although i will try to get some.

Just a huge letdown.

With her not playing and with no Connelly Cup it could be the end of Vera in juniors, that was her main aim for 2002 after she won Wimbledon, trying to retain the Cup for Russia.

the cat
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:16 PM
Sad news Eggy. Sad news.

Why would they cancel the Connolly Cup? Because Russia dominated there? Because junior stars like Sharapova didn't play it?