PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva

BK4ever
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:07 AM
I'm not sure if you guys got to see the full Vera match, if you didnt, I just wanted you guys to know that Vera Z is the real deal. I'm working in the Media Center at the Open, so I watched it on the feed. People were glued to their seats or hovered around the big screen asking who is the girl and where did she come from. All of the reporters were saying how she really has the game to break into the top ten. She lost the match because of lack of experience. Her lack of good judgement allowed Kim to gain confidence.

She was very sad at the end. During the break between the 3nd and third sets, Vera sobbed the entire time. You could see her body throbbing from the crying. (The feed allows you closeups that you dont usually get on TV). But even though she was so upset at herself, she fought till the very end.

She needs to work on her second serve, her speed and her fitness and there is no telling what she can achieve. Her backhand, the way she leans into it...it AWESOME. No new player this week has generated as much interest as Vera did today among the press in the Media Center. They were talking about Vera, long after the match was over.

Williams Rulez
Sep 1st, 2002, 11:13 AM
Well, she is so weak mentally... she was crying in the break between the 2nd and 3rd set and threw away the first 12 points in the 3rd set, losing the first 3 games. What was she thinking? I mean, she lost that set 4-6, if had not threw away the 3 games, who knows what might have happened?

BritneySpearsIsHot
Sep 1st, 2002, 11:16 AM
From the feedback i've been getting, she does look like she has a future, but she can't affford to let her emotions get the better of her

TS
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:36 PM
Sometimes for people, letting their emotions out actually helps believe it or not. Instead of collapsing to what looked like a 0-6 loss, she hung on and braved a 4-6 loss.

Yes she does get down on herself too often and needs to keep her emotions at bay, however for players like Vera, letting it all out can actually be beneficial (if that makes sense)

Go Vera :)