PDA

View Full Version : JenCap played amazing

Mark43
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:49 AM
tennis tonight against Meghann Shaughnessy! She was hitting powerful winners off both wings, serving very well ('cept those 3 doubles in the very last game, WHOOPS) and returning about as well as anyone ever has. Most importantly Jen was constantly looking to move forward. Jen was consistently moving forward during her incredible spring 2001 and I have not seen her play like that since. Jen had the highest quality 3rd round opponent out of the top players today (sorry Amanda) and she played like a dream.

Now I am not going to get my hopes up with Amelie and Venus looming...but, shit I am getting my damn hopes up!

BK4ever
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:58 AM
She did play well...

I was sitting in Meghans player box so I had a really good view of of how hard she hits the ball. She gets really good racket head speed and she just goes for the lines.

I met Meghans coach today and he invited me to sit in the players box. He was very sweet.

disposablehero
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:27 AM
What a miserable spoiled bitch. Just thought I'd clarify that before saying that she played remarkably well tonight.

BK4ever
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:31 AM
yeah :) she kept giving us dirty looks because we were cheering for meghann

wongqks
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:32 AM
Jenny looks impressive, but I have a hunch that her DFs problems will cost her a match sooner or later in this tournament,against quality player and when matches get close, people Venus or Amelei can really stand inside the baseline to pressurise Jenny and then those DFs will be streaming, she is def. the third most impressive player I have watched so far in this tournanment, keep it up Jenny

FS
Sep 1st, 2002, 07:28 AM
I thought Jenny has a problem with her eyesight playing night matches.

I guess she only feels this whenever she loses.:o (she complained when she lost to Ai Sugiyama).

Crazy Canuck
Sep 1st, 2002, 07:33 AM
Alright Jenn :D

Keep it up!

TammysBigSis
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:25 AM
Are you talking about the Sugiyama match in L.A.? I thought that was a day match!!!!!

Rollo
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:39 PM
The best part was she moved forward more than usual. She's got to get to that. I'm glad she's now sharing martina Navratilova's fitness trainer Giselle too.

veryborednow
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:44 PM
it was the match before the sugiyama match, T tanasugarn, which went to 3 sets very close at night

Jen and Mary have problems with night matches, Meghanns jsut gone off the boil big time.

BK4ever - hope you had a good time :)

AmonRa777
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:28 PM
SHE runs into a great player...gets her rear end kicked...then all her fans and the commentators start making excuses..

Jennifer, Hingis and Davenport always look very good in the first 4 rounds...then reality steps in and the excuses start...from what i have seen Capriati will be lucky to reach the semis...SEE HAS NO CHANCE AGAINST VENUS...LISTEN TO ME FOLKS...NO CHANCE AT ALL!!!

Cybelle Darkholme
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:42 PM
Eventhough I favor Venus in her next match and next match and next match...etc... Everyone still has a chance.

Volcana
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:47 PM
I actually did NOT think Jenn played against Meghann. At OZ 2000, any ball that 'sat up' against her forehand was an automatic winner. Last night, Jenn was hitting three and four forehands in a rally to get a real Capriati type nuclear forehand off. And Meghann wasn't playing that well. It was a clean, efficient straight set win, but it was over #30 Meghann Shaughnessy, not #12 Meghann Shaughnessy.

mboyle
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:48 PM
Kim could take out Momo. Jen can beat either of them. If she played this well vs. Venus, she just might win. JUST MIGHT. However, too many doubles and Venus wins in straight sets.

mn73
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:17 PM
I have a funny feeling that Martina Navratilova got really involved in coaching Jennifer when they played doubles at Montreal. They lost early in doubles, but Martina was at all Jen's singles matches and was continually talking to Stefano and it was obvious from their gestures they were talking about her play. If she now has the same fitness trainer as well, I suspect Martina might be the invisible coach of Jennifer! That would be great because when Martina commentated Jen's match at Wimbledon she went on and on about the poor ball toss and double faults and that someone needs to sort them out - let's hope she's the one!!! The dominance of the Williams sisters and those two terrible losses to Amelie must really have shown Jen that she needs to let some more advice in if she wants to threaten the Top 2 again.

harloo
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:42 PM
Sorry, but what is the purpose of this thread? IMO, none of the player's Venus/Serena included haven't been tested. So of course, they all are playing well. The second week is here and that's where it all starts on the women's side. Otherwise, IMO at this Open the men's side have upstaged the women's thus far.

shirley
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:43 PM
:bounce: Well Done JC! :D

joaco
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:19 PM
BK4ever: Are ya serious?? How amazing must that be?! What are your contacts to be so lucky?

CC
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:03 PM
I think Jennifer looked like she was p*ssed at having to play such a late match, but she settled down eventually. Even Meghann looked miserable.

Mark43
Sep 1st, 2002, 08:06 PM
Hey Mark, I hope you are right. That would be incredible to have Martina giving Jen tips!

Harloo, obviously you joined in to add a little negativity. The purpose of this thread is very, very clear... Jen played great last night against a good opponent, do you understand that? It has nothing to do with anyone else.