PDA

View Full Version : I CAN NOW PROVE I'M A BAGEL BOY!!!!

selesfan1
Sep 1st, 2002, 02:41 AM
I'M SOooooooooooo proud to join the leagues of Robbie Ginepri,Bethanie Mattek,mirjana Lucic,Adriana Serre Zanetti, and most of all Nancy Loeffler Caro.

go to www.tennisinformation.com,make sure you are in the missouri valley section and go to boy's 16 rankings choose the last names ending with an m my last name is melchor. it shouldn't be hard to find there you can see my match result.

joaco
Sep 1st, 2002, 03:03 AM
Congratulations Alfredo! Way to go man!;)
Don't worry, it had happened to everyone of us. The first match I played in a tourney under 16 I also lost 6-0, 6-0. The next match I played in another tourney I won 6-3, 6-1.
I'm sure something like that will happen to you and even better!

Joaco

E. Blackadder
Sep 1st, 2002, 03:38 PM
phew look at my results, I'm even worse:

http://www.vtv.be/leden/lid_uitslag.asp?lid_id=1215744

Monica_Rules
Sep 1st, 2002, 03:56 PM
Don't worry my first tournament i lost 6-0 6-0 then 6-2 7-5 then 6-1 6-2!

Monica_Rules
Sep 1st, 2002, 03:57 PM
But thinking about it now when i lost 6-0 6-0 i played the worst match ever cos i was so nervous!

Nina_rus
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:14 PM
I just looked in the rankings and I'm no 51 my age in Russia :eek: and I was ranked much higher earlier this year :eek: :cool:

I've lost quite a few matches very easily a while ago. I lost to Daria Chemarda 0-6 1-6, to Anastasia Sourkova 0-6 2-6 (these girls are ranked very high on International level now and don't play many tournaments in Russia anymore, if I played them now I'm sure I wouldn't have had a better score ). Once I lost to a girl 6-2 4-6 6-7 in the third set, I had quite a few matchpoints and played better than her that day. In about three weeks we were supposed to play again at another tournament, I was very happy about it and expected to win, but lost 0-6 0-6 :o

selesfan1
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:18 AM
I am thinking of playing another tournament in 3 weeks so I need to start preparing . I regret not playing the consolation match though. I didn't play because I didn't want to lose badly again. I will just say what anna said when she lost in Miami finals in 1998 "I made all the mistakes right so that means I am a little better than her."

CoryAnnAvants#1
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:31 AM
My problem is that since I go to boarding school, I have to go back just when I start playing well. On top of that, I have Saturday classes, so I can't play tournaments except when I'm on break. I'm starting the 18s this year in New England so I'm playing a low level 18s (challenger) to get my feet wet and then I'm playing 2 high level 18s (championship) in the spring. In the summer, I'm going to play a Dokic like schedule with about 10 tournaments, not including the New England Open and the Clay court championships. I just need a ranking for colleges, even if its not very good. I always felt guilty about having my parents drive me 2-2 1/2 hrs for 8:30 matches, so I never played many tournaments. Now that I'll have a license in December, I have no reason not to.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:34 AM
I really wish I was in your position Selesfan of even having the opportunity to get double bageled;) Don't worry about your bagel incident though. It really gets a lot easier the 2nd time around. Playing good players and taking a few lumps like that helps you learn what you need to work on as well. Good luck in a few weeks!:bounce:

Crazy Canuck
Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:21 AM
COngratulations, you've joined an elite group :D