PDA

View Full Version : Holy moly--Tamira Paszek is ranked higher than Nicole Vaidisova

Kipling
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:35 PM
#68 vs. #69.

Both are underachieving, big time, but to me that is an astonishing stat. To an extent, I can understand Paszek's struggles, at 5'5" and without a reliable serve, but what in the world has happened to Vaidisova, who had one of the best serves in women's tennis? From being a game away from the French final to being a journeywoman in less than three years.....who'd have thought?

I hope they both get it together soon.

:sad::sad:

Sylvester
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Curious how Vaidisova is #69 :haha:

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
She will fall even further after Wimbledon.:o

Kipling
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Curious how Vaidisova is #69 :haha:

Yes. That damned Stepanek...

gg
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
Tamira is a powerhouse :eek:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/rankings/powerindex/

ViennaCalling
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Tamira is a powerhouse :eek:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/rankings/powerindex/

:speakles: :speakles: :speakles:

With a decent serve she now would be in the Top 20 at least :sad:

Slutiana
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Holy Bartoli. :speakles:

switz
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
It's not surprising at all. Pasek actually cares about her matches and fights to win even when things aren't going well for her. She's also had a lot more trouble with injuries. Her serve is definitely a big weakness but i still think she'll get her ranking back up this year.

Shawn
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Oh my gosh!!!! how come? what is wrong with Vaidisova? I'm thinking it's that darn big d!ck Stepanek...he is to be blamed for her demise

TennisViewer531
Feb 24th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Stepanek's on a winning streak while Vaidisova's on a losing streak. Opposites do attract! :)

charmedRic
Feb 24th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Yes. That damned Stepanek...

:worship:

Dawn Marie
Feb 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM
I never saw the IT factor with Nicole. Just a tall kid who hit hard but didn't have a clue on how to construct points.
I mean how many times will i have to see a new kid being a ball basher and nothing else? I know Azeranka is a ball basher but i get the sense that she knows how to work points and has it mentally. She's still a ball basher none the less. I wonder what kind of tennis training Justine is showcasing at her academy in Florida??

tennisbum79
Feb 24th, 2009, 03:23 AM
I never saw the IT factor with Nicole. Just a tall kid who hit hard but didn't have a clue on how to construct points.
I mean how many times will i have to see a new kid being a ball basher and nothing else? I know Azeranka is a ball basher but i get the sense that she knows how to work points and has it mentally. She's still a ball basher none the less. I wonder what kind of tennis training Justine is showcasing at her academy in Florida??
I don't think Justine would tolerate that kind of mindset?
Maybe they are following her instructions

SM
Feb 24th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Tamira has a gorgeous forehand. she will be back.

Mightymirza
Feb 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Paszek has similar game to Mirza.. Hard to see her doing consistently well with such a hit and miss game and mess of a serve :tape: I hope she has some really good runs though..

The Dawntreader
Feb 24th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Tamira has a gorgeous forehand. she will be back.

:tape: