PDA

View Full Version : can sharapova play central court again?

cyannnnn
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:44 AM
now she is n°23.
i don't think the players of top 10 are very happy if a n°23 plays central court ...

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
She will if she plays Serena or Venus in the early stages.:wavey:

Harvs
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
:weirdo:

Andy.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Sharapova is one of the the biggest draw cards in the game if not the biggest there is no way they are moving her to back courts.

Keadz
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
what a ridiculous question.

If only it would come true :p

morningglory
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:02 AM
her ranking will rise again soon enough ;)

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
now she is n°23.
i don't think the players of top 10 are very happy if a n°23 plays central court ...

Because you think WTA cares about that:lol: Sharapova can play wherever she wants.

Cp6uja
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
It's always about "star-power", not about official WTA rating. BTW, home players (aka crowd favorites) even if not ranked in TOP50 always has chances to play at Central Court. Look example of #180+ ranked Dokic at 2009 AO which played last three or four matches at Rod Laver Arena, playing just once against TOP10 opponent (which means SHE is reason).

At Roland Garros 2009 probably, and maybe at Wimbledon 2009 also, 1st seed will be Dinara Safina, but for both organizers (b/c "star-power") she will be still behind Sharapova (or Sisters, or even Ivanovic:hearts:) from WTA part. Star-power sell the tickets and that's how things works in tennis.

tennnisfannn
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
ranked 81 serena played almost all if not all her matches on centre court AO 07, it is not about the raking but the person, ask no.2 ranked JJ who needed a helicopter just to get to court 18 at wimby

Vincey!
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM
She would be put on central court even if she was unranked lol...

MarieC
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
Centre Court is about marquee value, not rankings. Sharapova has the best marquee value n tour next to the Williams sisters

Pops Maellard
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
It's not exactly by normal circumstances (ie. bad performances) that Sharapova's ranking has slipped, so she still absolutely deserves to be central court.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Everywhere aside from Wimbledon.

Elwin.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:09 AM

hectopascal
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
ranked 81 serena played almost all if not all her matches on centre court AO 07, it is not about the raking but the person, ask no.2 ranked JJ who needed a helicopter just to get to court 18 at wimby

.... or the defending champion Venus Williams was delegated to Court 2 at Wimbledon. So, it's not really about the rankings, but about "star power" as others have said.

PS. I just couldnt let that little dig at Jelena get by ;) Everyone knows both Jelena and Venus are huge superstars of the WTA tour.

améliemomo
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:32 AM
yeah and can she remember how to hold a racket?hit a ball??

new-york
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
defdef, ESPECIALLY coming back.

maybe some more on court drama expected.

Human Nature
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
When serena was N 80 in the world in 2007 , organisers kept on puting her central courts , as much as venus .

Sharapova is also a star , so whatever her ranking she will be on central courts .

OZTENNIS
Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Australian Open anyone?
Dellacqua (WTA #53) played one match, Stosur (WTA #48) played three matches and Dokic (WTA #187) played four.

Perhaps you should do some research in future to avoid silly posters on this board :)

lilimi
Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
at the french Open , french players get the center court just because they're French. so I guess having a big name and slams in her pocket is enough to get the center court.

Ksenia.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
why not :shrug: i'm sure people would prefer to see Maria rather than top-10 player Petrova

Aravanecaravan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
At Miami, if she plays, they will probably put her on court 1 or the grandstand for at least a couple of her matches, which is fine by me. You can get seats much closer to the action there. Tennis in the stadium is boring--they look like ants.

court70
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM

There is no comparison between Serena and Maria...Serena draws tons of people not maria, Serena is an exciting player and people want to see her on center court more so that maria.

Aravanecaravan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
There is no comparison between Serena and Maria...Serena draws tons of people not maria, Serena is an exciting player and people want to see her on center court more so that maria.

:cuckoo::bs::rolleyes:

Who let you out of the asylum?

FoxyliciousKhat
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Sharapova is one of the the biggest draw cards in the game if not the biggest there is no way they are moving her to back courts.

Why are you even entertaining this madness? Maria is a 3 times Grand Slam Champion, former #1, winner of 19 Career titles, and is only ranked #23 because she is injured. NO WAY will she play on any court, lower than Court 2.

Foxy

Dave.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
When was the last time she didn't play on the main court or a showcourt at ANY tournament? I really can't recall, it must be 2005 at least, if not 2004.

I don't think much will have changed when she comes back, she will still be the attraction to some that she always was, and so will probably continue to be put on the main arenas.

petkoan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hingis was number 9999 in the world, and still she was playing on center court all the time in her comeback, so why not Sharapova ?!

Junzilla69
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Australian Open anyone?
Dellacqua (WTA #53) played one match, Stosur (WTA #48) played three matches and Dokic (WTA #187) played four.

Perhaps you should do some research in future to avoid silly posters on this board :)

The difference was Dokic was playing in Australian and was the "home" favorite.

Anyway, Maria is one of the biggest names in the game, so there should be no reason she doesn't.

eck
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
There's no way she won't be put on a central court just because of her ranking caused by her injury.

I think the first match she plays after this, she'd be in centre court. I think it will create a lot of buzz as to how she is playing after the injury.

Julian.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Can she remember how to grunt?

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:23 PM
No. They will let her play on the tiniest court there is, without cameras and a max of 25 - 50 people watching.

rafa the best
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
I think she will be an even bigger attraction when she comes back cause people will want to see how she's playing and to witness the comeback.

Volcana
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
There's star-power, and there's the respect accorded former champions. If we get to Wimbledon with anything like our current rankings, this could get interesting.

Amelie Mauresmo is a star in her own right, and a former Wimbledon champ. From a country that functionally borders England. (Yeah there's the 'channel', but there's also the 'chunnel'. She's also ranked ahead of Sharapova right now, and clay court season, where Mauresmo usually does better than Sharapova, is just starting.

How often does Mauresmo play Centre Court?

And of course, the All-Englan Club does whatever the hell they want with rankings. With Venus winning three of the last four Wimbledons, do they move her up to the #2 seed? It's irrelevant to Venus, of course, but having all the former champs on the same side of the draw would kind of suck, and moving Venus to #2, if Serena is #1, is only way to manipulate it. Or, seed Venus and Serena #3 and #4.

joćo.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Again, she's still Maria Sharapova. :weirdo:

joćo.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
No. They will let her play on the tiniest court there is, without cameras and a max of 25 - 50 people watching.

:lol:

Human Nature
Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Australian Open anyone?

There is a big difference , all the host countries favorise their home players , they are attractived in their own country so organisers favorise the home players . But out of Australia , nobody care about Dellacqua for ex, so there is no way organisers put her on central courts if she hasnt the chance to play a top 5

Sharapova and the Williams on the contrary will always be favorised in every tourneys they play , home players or not .

raffles
Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
There is a big difference , all the host countries favorise their home players , they are attractived in their own country so organisers favorise the home players . But out of Australia , nobody care about Dellacqua for ex, so there is no way organisers put her on central courts if she hasnt the chance to play a top 5 True, I think this is even more true for Wimbledon. I don't think anyone inside Britian really cares about the British women, they are only on a show court if they are playing a top draw player. Cavady was only on CC because she was player Serena. It'll of course be different for Laura Robson but she's over exposed by the media so thats to be expected. Sharapova will be on a show court at Wimbledon as I'm sure most of the people attending Wimbledon would rather see her than a good number in the top 10 and any of the British players(with the possible exception of Robson for some people).

Kart
Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Is this thread a serious question ?

Sharapova is top court billing world wide.

raffles
Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Yes but at least she will get a helicopter to take her there unlike some less fortuante individuals!

eck
Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Yes, she doesn't deserve the treatment Jelena gets at the car park ;)

Effy
Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM
:spit: at the thread creator

serenus_2k8
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Surely the real question is where the tourny will seed her? If Wimb dont have the sense to make Venus top 4 there is no way they will put Maria in the top 8, meaning she could be one hell of a floater. Though it depends really when she comes back, as she may not need any help from the organisers.

Aravanecaravan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
There is no reason for any tournanment to change its seedings to accommodate any player. If Maria is ranked #100 when she finally plays again, then that's where she is, period. It might matter to the player who draws her in the first round, but it won't matter to Maria. When she's healthy, she knows she can beat anyone, anywhere.

Human Nature
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
There is no reason for any tournanment to change its seedings to accommodate any player. If Maria is ranked #100 when she finally plays again, then that's where she is, period. It might matter to the player who draws her in the first round, but it won't matter to Maria. When she's healthy, she knows she can beat anyone, anywhere.

At the same time shes not n 80 in the world , shes 25 thats still a good rank to avoid top players ;

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM
.... or the defending champion Venus Williams was delegated to Court 2 at Wimbledon. So, it's not really about the rankings, but about "star power" as others have said.

PS. I just couldnt let that little dig at Jelena get by ;) Everyone knows both Jelena and Venus are huge superstars of the WTA tour.

Jelena a superstar? :spit:

serenus_2k8
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:20 PM

Yeh I am sure you would be saying that if Venus, Serena and Maria were all drawn in the same quarter, which is a possibility. That would make for an amazing tournament :rolleyes: And Maria would not want a WS early either, because when shes healthy, the WS know they can still beat her, especially on grass so dont be so ignorant.

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Yeh I am sure you would be saying that if Venus, Serena and Maria were all drawn in the same quarter, which is a possibility. That would make for an amazing tournament :rolleyes: And Maria would not want a WS early either, because when shes healthy, the WS know they can still beat her, especially on grass so dont be so ignorant.

I love the way you always speak about Serena and Venus, they are 2 different people, Venus seems in control against Maria on grass, but not on HC, Serena it's the opposite, and if there is a moment where WS are vulnerable, it's earlier in tournaments.

serenus_2k8
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
I love the way you always speak about Serena and Venus, they are 2 different people, Venus seems in control against Maria on grass, but not on HC, Serena it's the opposite, and if there is a moment where WS are vulnerable, it's earlier in tournaments.

I'm glad because I hate the way you always talk about Maria. Venus didnt seem too vulnerable in the 4th round in 07 ;) And Serena has only every played Maria once on grass and I would certainly love a rematch :drool:

And just because Venus and Serena are different people (well observed btw) doesnt mean it isnt relevant that both of them be mentioned, since my point was if Serena was #1 seed and Venus #5 then they could potentially meet in the QF. I dont think any Maria fan would like her to have to play them both before the SF ;)

LCS
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Happy to know there are people in the world with such pressing worries. :)

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
I'm glad because I hate the way you always talk about Maria. Venus didnt seem too vulnerable in the 4th round in 07 ;) And Serena has only every played Maria once on grass and I would certainly love a rematch :drool:

And just because Venus and Serena are different people (well observed btw) doesnt mean it isnt relevant that both of them be mentioned, since my point was if Serena was #1 seed and Venus #5 then they could potentially meet in the QF. I dont think any Maria fan would like her to have to play them both before the SF ;)

Right, who am I kidding? WS are always ready to battle against Maria, 1st round or final, especially Serena that's the reason why you want so much a rematch on grass:lol::lol:

serenus_2k8
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
Right, who am I kidding? WS are always ready to battle against Maria, 1st round or final, especially Serena that's the reason why you want so much a rematch on grass:lol::lol:

I think your sarcasm is hideously misplaced :help: Serena has seemed pretty up for it in their last 4 matches so why would she suddenly be scared now? And as for Vee being scared...perhaps if she lost a set to Maria on grass you might have a point, but she hasnt so...you dont ;)

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
I think your sarcasm is hideously misplaced :help: Serena has seemed pretty up for it in their last 4 matches so why would she suddenly be scared now? And as for Vee being scared...perhaps if she lost a set to Maria on grass you might have a point, but she hasnt so...you dont ;)

:lol::lol:You missed my point, totally:lol::lol:. I don't think WS are scared, they are just ready, you can't deny the fact Serena seems always focus against Maria. If Serena could have this attitude against Venus, their matches would be more interesting.

court70
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:05 PM
:lol::lol:You missed my point, totally:lol::lol:. I don't think WS are scared, they are just ready, you can't deny the fact Serena seems always focus against Maria. If Serena could have this attitude against Venus, their matches would be more interesting.

What the hell are you talking about Serena is always focus on every player she plays. When are you going to realize that maria is not all of that she won her slams through easy draws but I bet you it's all going to change when she comes back. She don't only have V&S to worry about but she has Safina, JJ, Ana and many more coming after her.

Craig.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
What the hell are you talking about Serena is always focus on every player she plays. When are you going to realize that maria is not all of that she won her slams through easy draws but I bet you it's all going to change when she comes back. She don't only have V&S to worry about but she has Safina, JJ, Ana and many more coming after her.

:spit: Post of the year. :worship:

morningglory
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:28 PM

AO 2008 anyone? :rolleyes: Davenport, JH, both serbs...
USO 2006 Mauresmo and JH the only other slam winners that year
W 2004 wasnt easy either. Serena in the final and Lindsay in SF

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
AO 2008 anyone? :rolleyes: Davenport, JH, both serbs...
USO 2006 Mauresmo and JH the only other slam winners that year
W 2004 wasnt easy either. Serena in the final and Lindsay in SF

Agreed.

Let's just dispense with the talk of Maria winning slams as a result of a weak draw. Some were stronger than others, but they were all tough. Sharapova's biggest problem won't be "will she get another shot on central courts". It's "will her shoulder heal enough and will her game EVOLVE enough to KEEP her there."

She's a legitimate slam champion, best of the younger lot and ALWAYS a threat, but she has very real challenges ahead that have more to do with herself than other players and what court she plays on.

Wiggly
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Sharapova could be an unranked player playing the weelchair tournament and would still play on a Centre Court while others top 20 players would be on Court 17.

ce
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Its Maria Sharapova :weirdo:

Roookie
Mar 12th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Maria got Central Court in her first round DOUBLES MATCH!. :tape:

KanSuke
Mar 12th, 2009, 03:49 AM
She gets to play in central court even it's just her doubles match :lol:

We don't even need to say anything about the singles.

KanSuke
Mar 12th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Sharapova could be an unranked player playing the weelchair tournament and would still play on a Centre Court while others top 20 players would be on Court 17.

So true :lol:

danieln1
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Lindsay played all of her matches in Arthur Ashe Stadium in US Open last year, and she was ranked 24 I think, while number 2 player Jankovic was put in Louis Armstrong (in some matches), the second court and court 18 in Wimbledon!
There“s no doubt Maria will play all of her matches on the center court! It“s all about success! Also Serena when she was struggling, constantly played her matches on center court

Volcana
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:24 AM
now she is n°23.
i don't think the players of top 10 are very happy if a n°23 plays central court ...I'd have to do some investigating, bit I think both Venus and Serena have played 'central court' while outsie the top ten. Wimbledon 2007, Wimbledon 2005, OZ 2007, Miami 2007 just to name few....

duhcity
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Tommorows IW Lineup:

Number One Doubles Team in the world: Court 6.
Maria Sharapova and Elena Vesnina: Stadium 1

Oh baby

spiritedenergy
Mar 12th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Tommorows IW Lineup:

Oh baby

Is stadium 1 centre court?

Andy.
Mar 12th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Tommorows IW Lineup:

Oh baby
Most people dont give a hoot about Womens doubles. They will flock to any court to See Maria so the organisers are smart enough to put her on centre court.

Dave.
Mar 12th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Most people dont give a hoot about Womens doubles. They will flock to any court to See Maria so the organisers are smart enough to put her on centre court.

Exactly. The court placements are mainly to do with star power and less to do with actual quality of tennis expected. Sharapova, as one of the biggest stars in the game, is always going to be on a stadium. Despite a much more attractive and likely to be of higher quality match on Court 6.

I don't quite understand what that poster's point was of pointing that out. Anyway, for a doubles team, Black/Huber get a nice number of stadium court matches.

emmz
Mar 12th, 2009, 06:21 AM
eck - that cupcake is pure perfection

TennisViewer531
Mar 12th, 2009, 11:01 AM
She can always play at the center court. She's basically the CENTER of attention in any tournament she's entered...

Cp6uja
Mar 12th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Who cares about Rankings???
Maria will play two days in the row at Central Court :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thursday, March 12, 2009

STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
V Spadea (USA) vs I Kunitsyn (RUS) - ATP
M Koryttseva (UKR) vs [WC] S Mirza (IND) - WTA
L Hewitt (AUS) vs J Hernych (CZE) - ATP
[WC] M Sharapova (RUS) / E Vesnina (RUS) vs E Makarova (RUS) / T Poutchek (BLR) - WTA
Not Before 7:00 PM
B Mattek-Sands (USA) vs T Garbin (ITA) - WTA
I Ljubicic (CRO) vs K Nishikori (JPN) - ATP

STADIUM 2 start 11:00 am
J Benneteau (FRA) vs P Kohlschreiber (GER) - ATP
[WC] V King (USA) vs K Knapp (ITA) - WTA
F Lopez (ESP) vs M Llodra (FRA) - ATP
L Safarova (CZE) vs [WC] M Oudin (USA) - WTA
Not Before 4:00 PM
Qualifier vs E Gulbis (LAT) - ATP - Possible Court Change
T Gabashvili (RUS) vs J Acasuso (ARG) - ATP

COURT 6 match of the day
[1] C Black (ZIM) / L Huber (USA) vs J Craybas (USA) / T Tanasugarn (THA) - WTA

Friday, March 13, 2009

STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
[2] J Jankovic (SRB) vs A Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) - WTA
S Querrey (USA) vs G Cannas (ARG) - ATP
[WC] M Sharapova (RUS) / E Vesnina (RUS) vs N Llagostera Vives (ESP) / M Martinez Sanchez (ESP) - WTA
[2] E Dementieva (RUS) vs [Q] P Cetkovska (CZE) - WTA
Not Before 7:00 PM
[1] B Bryan (USA) / R Bryan (USA) vs R Federer (SUI) / Y Allegro (SUI) - ATP
[5] A Ivanovic (SRB) vs [Q] E Yakimova (BLR) - WTA

STADIUM 2 start 11:00 am
[WC] W Odesnik (USA) vs [WC] R Sweeting (USA) - ATP
[1] D Safina (RUS) vs T Pironkova (BUL) - WTA
[24] M Safin (RUS) vs BYE - ATP
[6] S Kuznetsova (RUS) vs [WC] U Radwanska (POL) - WTA
Not Before 4:00 PM
[WC] W Isner (USA) vs C Rochus (BEL) - ATP
[WC] T Dent (USA) vs D Junqueira (ARG) - ATP

COURT 6 match of the day
[4] V Zvonareva (RUS) vs [Q] Y Chan (TPE) - WTA

youizahoe
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Slam winners and no 1 players always get central & 1 & 2. Maria will keep that status till she retires. Same goes for Venus and Serena.

frenchie
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:15 PM
she's already scheduled for tomorrow but she hasn't won her 1st round match yet...

Uranium
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Slam winners and no 1 players always get central & 1 & 2. Maria will keep that status till she retires. Same goes for Venus and Serena.

Mauresmo would most likely beg to differ.

youizahoe
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Mauresmo would most likely beg to differ.

It depends though. There's probably a guideline for court determination. Probably includes like various factors. Don't ask me which :lol:

joćo.
Mar 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Why has tomorrow's OOP already been released? And with Sharanina on it since they haven't won their match yet?

goldenlox
Mar 12th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Sharapova is on center court. I don't know if this match means anything.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:05 AM
:lol: thats quite funny

goldenlox
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:19 AM
http://d.yimg.com/img.news.yahoo.com/util/anysize/400,http%3A%2F%2Fd.yimg.com%2Fa%2Fp%2Fap%2F2009031 3%2Fcapt.81161b3d214a4756af343bd3f6023eac.indian_w ells_tennis_camt113.jpg?v=2
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/nws/p/ap_small.gif (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/ap/brand/photos//SIG=10qgqrhua;_ylt=AtOe3e9g8COdpnTd04yJEjXNaMYA/*http://www.apimages.com/)
Thu Mar 12, 8:06 PM ET

Maria Sharapova, of Russia, returns a shot to Ekaterina Makarova, also of Russia, and Tatiana Poutchek, of Belarus, during their first-round doubles match at the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament, Thursday, March 12, 2009, in Indian Wells, Calif.

Uranium
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Who cares about Rankings???
Maria will play two days in the row at Central Court :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Congrats on making up your own schedule for Friday:worship:
But that's not the real Indian Wells Friday Schedule;)

Dan23
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Why has tomorrow's OOP already been released? And with Sharanina on it since they haven't won their match yet?
The result of todays match has already been fixed so the tournament organisers get another large crowd tomorrow ;)

Lucas_Arg
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Such a lovely outfit.

frenchie
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Her skirt has the same color as a bird shit!

hablo
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:41 AM

:rolls:

I like the colour of her skirt.

Andy.
Mar 13th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Miserbale and nasty as always

Dan23
Mar 13th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Not sure what the birds are eating in France but it mustnt be too healthy...

goldenlox
Mar 13th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Super tiebreak. Team Vespova might survive to fight another day

miffedmax
Mar 13th, 2009, 01:18 AM
No, never. Even if she makes the finals, it will be moved to an outer court.

doni1212
Mar 13th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Super tiebreak. Team Vespova might survive to fight another day

Or not, :lol:

FoxyliciousKhat
Mar 13th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Or not, :lol:

LOL, be nice Doni

Foxy

goldenlox
Mar 13th, 2009, 01:26 AM
She got a taste of competition again. The question she has to answer is how her shoulder held up and how well did she serve.
Playing another doubles match or 2 wasn't going to mean much

FoxyliciousKhat
Mar 13th, 2009, 01:34 AM
She got a taste of competition again. The question she has to answer is how her shoulder held up and how well did she serve.
Playing another doubles match or 2 wasn't going to mean much

Why not, especially since she was or is still having some pains,and thus could not play singles here. IDK all it means now it she goes back to the practice court but that does not help much if she's having issues serving and or returning certain shots that would help more if she had some more match play.

Ok she played over an hour, but now she's got another 12 plus days of not knowing for sure how things feel on court.

I don't understand how she cannot benefit from more match play?

Foxy