PDA

View Full Version : RenaNuts VeeNuts At Odds

PreOp
Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:51 PM
As a fan I come down on the Venus side, not just in terms of just wanting her to win, but that I thoroughly enjoy watching her play, except in the few times when her game is completely out of sorts. Nevertheless I am a fan of Serena, and even when Serena beats her, I get some pleasure in the fact that she won, at the same time as I feel quite bad that Venus lost. Both have extraordinary talent, skills, and are superb tacticians. Notwithstanding that they are two very different people, these are the Sisters. The accomplishments of both meld into one. This will become most apparent when they are inducted into the Hall of Fame together, and they remain together an enduring part of tennis lore.

For years the Veenuts have had no problem with Serena being acknowledged, even by themselves, as the greatest player of her generation, and in the running for GOAT. They even joined in the criticism of Venus's "weak" second serve, "unreliable" forehand, and "inconsistent" and at times even "disinterested" play.

Now when it is dawning on VeeNuts that recent play indicates that Venus might just be Serena's equal, and god forbid even the better player ReeNuts go ballistic. They are at best surly , and at worse do Serena (always surly in defeat) one better spew hate. After all Venus is a "cheat", and "How dare she elevate her game". Have a heart, the VeeNuts are not derogating Serena's game (she is great), they are just enjoying the thought that Venus 's star shines brighter than ever.

Nevertheless my hats off to the RenaNuts, they are the better fans, to paraphrase Williams pere, because they are meaner.

gmokb
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
I really can't understand the fight between these fans. I love both equally and as long as its a Williams lifting the trophy I am happy. Besides, how can I be anything else when both Venus and Serena are so loving and respectfully to each other?

Tennisstar86
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:50 AM
Serena fans are just like Serena. Sore losers.... Serena acts like a baby when she loses and so do her fans. Its not that surprising.... they eventually get over it though....

kiwifan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:56 AM
:yawn:

I love 'em both.

Don't let the trolls define your fanhood. ;)

vwfan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:57 AM
With 17 singles Grand Slams between them, 73 total WTA titles, two career Slam in doubles and two Olympic Gold medals in doubles, both reaching #1, more than $40 million combined just in tennis money, every thing else is gravy.

Congrats to the best sister act in any sport EVER! :worship:

debopero
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:12 AM
I hate them both :rolleyes: .

brickhousesupporter
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:23 AM
As a fan I come down on the Venus side, not just in terms of just wanting her to win, but that I thoroughly enjoy watching her play, except in the few times when her game is completely out of sorts. Nevertheless I am a fan of Serena, and even when Serena beats her, I get some pleasure in the fact that she won, at the same time as I feel quite bad that Venus lost. Both have extraordinary talent, skills, and are superb tacticians. Notwithstanding that they are two very different people, these are the Sisters. The accomplishments of both meld into one. This will become most apparent when they are inducted into the Hall of Fame together, and they remain together an enduring part of tennis lore.

For years the Veenuts have had no problem with Serena being acknowledged, even by themselves, as the greatest player of her generation, and in the running for GOAT. They even joined in the criticism of Venus's "weak" second serve, "unreliable" forehand, and "inconsistent" and at times even "disinterested" play.

Now when it is dawning on VeeNuts that recent play indicates that Venus might just be Serena's equal, and god forbid even the better player ReeNuts go ballistic. They are at best surly , and at worse do Serena (always surly in defeat) one better spew hate. After all Venus is a "cheat", and "How dare she elevate her game". Have a heart, the VeeNuts are not derogating Serena's game (she is great), they are just enjoying the thought that Venus 's star shines brighter than ever.

Nevertheless my hats off to the RenaNuts, they are the better fans, to paraphrase Williams pere, because they are meaner.

Bullshit......Veenuts have contended that the only Serena won all those grandslams was because Venus let her because she was the baby sister. Don't have selective memory all of a sudden.

AkademiQ
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:26 AM
:rolleyes: Another fanbase post by a group that loves to sing their own laurels :help: Fact check Sherlock, you don't have to be a fan of the other just because they're sisters. Venus fans aren't excatly the Serena flag bearers when Venus is out of a tournament and often wish Serena's opponent will win so cut this kumbaya crap out because it's disingenuous and should be below people who swear they have the copyright on class. It is from Venus fans that we get Venus gave Serena those grand slam wins during Serena's dominating stretch and it is from Venus fans that we get Serena is a brat while Queen Vee's shit don't stink and it is from Venus fans that we get the resentful cry that if not for Serena Venus would be the best that there ever could have been in women's tennis. That must be the Veenut definition of class and acknowledgment. It's okay if it's said in a non-mean way right :confused: Venus fans aren't exactly the angels they believe themselves to be. Just because you are a Serena fan doesn't mean you automatically are dropped in Venus' corner and just because you are a Venus fan doesn't mean you automatically dropped into Serena's corner. Why isn't this understood?

I'd rather be a mean Serena fan anyday than a hypocritical Veenut who clearly has a revisionist take on the history between the fans and sisters. You're not lying to me, you're only lying to yourself. But thanks for the lesson in class that you as a Venus fan are clearly exhibiting in this calling out thread :lol: Especially since your audience wasn't the Serena fan :rolleyes:

Noctis
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:29 AM
Chris Rocker said *Leave them alone* :sad:

Uranium
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:32 AM
With 17 singles Grand Slams between them, 73 total WTA titles, two career Slam in doubles and two Olympic Gold medals in doubles, both reaching #1, more than $40 million combined just in tennis money, every thing else is gravy.

Congrats to the best sister act in any sport EVER! :worship:

Not true, they haven't won a second RG or USO.

Uranium
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
:rolleyes: Another fanbase post by a group that loves to sing their own laurels :help: Fact check Sherlock, you don't have to be a fan of the other just because they're sisters. Venus fans aren't excatly the Serena flag bearers when Venus is out of a tournament and often wish Serena's opponent will win so cut this kumbaya crap out because it's disingenuous and should be below people who swear they have the copyright on class. It is from Venus fans that we get Venus gave Serena those grand slam wins during Serena's dominating stretch and it is from Venus fans that we get Serena is a brat while Queen Vee's shit don't stink and it is from Venus fans that we get the resentful cry that if not for Serena Venus would be the best that there ever could have been in women's tennis. That must be the Veenut definition of class and acknowledgment. It's okay if it's said in a non-mean way right :confused: Venus fans aren't exactly the angels they believe themselves to be. Just because you are a Serena fan doesn't mean you automatically are dropped in Venus' corner and just because you are a Venus fan doesn't mean you automatically dropped into Serena's corner. Why isn't this understood?

I'd rather be a mean Serena fan anyday than a hypocritical Veenut who clearly has a revisionist take on the history between the fans and sisters. You're not lying to me, you're only lying to yourself. But thanks for the lesson in class that you as a Venus fan are clearly exhibiting in this calling out thread :lol: Especially since your audience wasn't the Serena fan :rolleyes:

:yawn::zzz:

vwfan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:44 AM
Not true, they haven't won a second RG or USO.1999 for both.

Noctis
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:45 AM
Seriously People judge by one fan,like we all said Venus cheated:o,One person doesn't represent us all :help:

Uranium
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:45 AM
1999 for both.

Yes, but you said 2 Career slams in doubles, unless you counted 1 for each of them then nevermind.:lol:

vwfan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:55 AM
Yes, but you said 2 Career slams in doubles, unless you counted 1 for each of them then nevermind.:lol:I meant that they each have a career
slam in doubles.

tennisbum79
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:19 AM
I have not seen any fights worth getting into.

I love them both.

V&SWilliams Fan
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM

:clap2: well said.

iGOAT
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
OK for the sake of sounding good could you please call them ReeNuts? Much better :)

But I totally agree. I like the Serena fans, but I am a little disappointed with their behavior :(