PDA

View Full Version : OMG The Bagel girls have taken all of August off!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:04 AM
Well, not Keiko obviously;)

But seriously, who the hell do Nancy, Dewonder, Stefanie, Becky, and Amy think they are?! HUH?!:fiery: Are they too IMPORTANT for the game now?! They would fit right in with the many 60 60 and 60 61 matches going on at the Open! Come on ladies, the WTA NEEDS YOU! Nancy has yet to get her annual win this year, and time is running out! Just when she starts to get a game per match, she quits. Where's the f*cking commitment!?:mad: Let's go Bagel Girls!

disposablehero
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:11 AM
Nancy has won a match in qualifying.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:18 AM
True disposable, she has actually had a few qualy wins over Bye. But other than that, the closest she has come was when she waddled her way to 3 games over Raquel-Kops Jones, losing 6-1 6-2. Her last wins came over Karen Fodera in the Bell Challenge in 2001 and Becky Brown in round 1 of a 10K qualie in 2000

disposablehero
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:26 AM
My bad, it was Quebec, last September.

GoDominique
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:50 AM
Not all of them have been lazy !

Fernanda Silva from Brazil played 2 events in Mexico and was double-bageled in both of them. Even more impressing is that one of the pair of bagels was given by Keiko Tameishi. :eek: :o

Monica Acosta played twice and lost badly each time. She has a record of 1/30. Her only win was against Ariela Primo, who is 0/12 for this year. Primo also played an event this month (and lost, BTW).

selesfan1
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:55 AM
I think we'll see them in the 10k's after the US open right? I wonder why Lizzie Freeman young doesn't play more she could qualify I think for a 10k

CoryAnnAvants#1
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:57 AM
Sheesh why doesn't Fernanda give it up?! It just seems like they sat down and said "What's a good way to blow $50,000? I know! I'll go play the pro tennis circuit!" Do they think that all of a sudden they are just gonna keep on improving and start beating Venus in a few years? If they play for the love of it then thats great, but im not sure all of them are like that

GoDominique
Sep 1st, 2002, 02:01 AM
Why so harsh on poor Fernanda ? ;)

Come on, she's just 19. Considering Dewonder's age, she has at least 24 years left to win a match. ;)

GoDominique
Sep 1st, 2002, 02:04 AM
BTW, does anyone know if you get any prize-money when losing in qualifying of a 10K-tournament ?

And how much do you get if you lose in the first round ?

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 1st, 2002, 02:26 AM
you don't get any prizemoney if you lose in qualies in a $10K ;)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Sep 1st, 2002, 03:39 AM
I'm just harsh on Fernanda cuz Nancy and Dewonder seem to play for the love of the game knowing their limitations (at least I hope they do) Since Vanessa and Fernanda are young, and because someone posted that they were bratty after a loss, they seem to think they can really make it:rolleyes:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:15 AM
To answer the question of why they play, I'm reminded of something somebody told me regarding Catherine Barclay a while back: They'll have travelled the world and will have wonderful stories to tell their grandkids. I'm sure Keiko will regale everybody with her adventures of vanquishing Fernanda Silva. :D