PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Vaidisova - Forehand and Backhand?

Sexysova
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:05 PM
I wanted to ask if somebody knows if Nicole has her own technique on her FH or if she has similar to somebody because I'm sure it's well-known Nicole copied Williams' backhand

next question is, is it Venus or Serena she copied? :)

I think Venus but I'm not that sure..

frenchie
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM
She definitely modelled her BH on Venus' one
Not with the same success though...

volta
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:18 PM
oh yeah that BH has Venus written all over it :lol:

her FH not sure, can't really think of a player who hits it like her

Sexysova
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:28 PM
She definitely modelled her BH on Venus' one
Not with the same success though...

agree

frenchie
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:34 PM
Nicole's problem with the BH is her hitting plan
She often takes the ball behind her instead of in front of her, especially on the DTL

Daniel K
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah her backhand is def. modeled after Venus. She can get pretty lazy with it though.

SV_Fan
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
I like venus back; thats why I like vaidisova's its cool looking.

Ciarán
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM
The BH copied yes, but I think the FH is her own.

SM
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:54 AM
lately her teachnique looks like this granny from my tennis club :o jokes...

she does have pretty good technique overall, just needs to snap out of this which she will shes so young.

Привет
Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:12 AM
I reckon her forehand isn't modelled after anybody else. Her backhand is similar to Venus', though she doesn't seem to wrap the racquet around her body on the follow through quite like Venus does.

Corswandt
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Nicole's problem with the BH is her hitting plan
She often takes the ball behind her instead of in front of her, especially on the DTL

Yup, she took the ball too late on the BH quite often when trying to go DTL. It usually flew into the doubles alley.

her FH not sure, can't really think of a player who hits it like her

Mario Ancic is just about the only other player I can remember who has such an early takeback and wide swing on the FH side.

schorsch
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
but mario doesnt hit out on the fh as much :( he should/could be so much more aggressive with it.

Harvs
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
well she can't get either shot in at the moment so theyre both proving to be pretty unsuccessful right now lol

pollison
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
nicoles backhand is definitely modelled on Venus', the difference being nicole has nowhere near the anticipation and preparation that V has

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Very awful BH, she has a very weird preparation and an awful technique just like Venus :tape:

The Dawntreader
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Very awful BH, she has a very weird preparation and an awful technique just like Venus :tape:

Early preperation, intricate footwork, open-stance. How does Venus have awful technique again?

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Early preperation, intricate footwork, open-stance. How does Venus have awful technique again?

I don't think Venus BH is the shot who help her in her matches.

new-york
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM

Venus is the exemple that it can be accurate though.

Nicole's backhand is not awful but the way she hits it, she can't afford to have a bad timing.

The Dawntreader
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:35 PM

It was the shot that saved her in a Slam final.

pollison
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
sharapovas backhand WISHES it was as good as Venus'.

venus' has more power and has a better down the line and can hit it on the run unlike sharapova!

Dominic
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:38 PM

venus' has more power and has a better down the line and can hit it on the run unlike sharapova!

hem ok :rolleyes:

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
It was the shot that saved her in a Slam final.

Right, but it doesn't change the fact she has a weird technique.;)

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM

:lol:OK.

The Dawntreader
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Right, but it doesn't change the fact she has a weird technique.;)

Yeah, sure it's wierd and unorthodox, but it doesnt mean the technique is 'awful'. It's one of the key shots in the top 10.

volta
Feb 22nd, 2009, 02:26 PM

u clearly don't know much about Venus game then, you might want to go watch her match against Capriati at the 2001 USopen semi.
what you see now is players aiming for her FH because that's the wing that will probably break first so you don't really see her using her BH as much as she did back in the days.
Venus now more then ever(since Jelena isn't playing at her lvl) has the best DTL backhand in the game.
awkward Technique ? yes AWFUL? no or it wouldn't be as effective as it is/has been through out her career

rockstar
Feb 22nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
her fh reminds me a little of ana's in the sense that both their racquet faces are very open :shrug:

Sexysova
Feb 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
her fh reminds me a little of ana's in the sense that both their racquet faces are very open :shrug:

not at all..

Mightymirza
Feb 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Very ugly jerky FH :help: Resulting in back issues..