PDA

View Full Version : Does your game change on a daily basis?

Renalicious
Feb 21st, 2009, 11:37 AM
So, my question is, do aspects of your game change day-to-day?

It's weird. Just last week I couldn't get a backhand in, like I literally could not and my forehand was on FIYA. Especially DTL.

This week, the forehand isn't good anymore. I don't really know how to get it in either, lol. However I can hit BH DTL winners at will, anytime, and even in the hardest positions.

It's crazy! Tell me what's going on here LOL.

Tripp
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:40 PM
Every day. Sometimes I hit a two-handed forehand -that is actually a left hander's backhand-, sometimes I use a regular FH, some days my best shot is my FH and sometimes it's my two-handed BH, or my slicy BH. Some days I'm a claycourter and some days all I do is go to the net.

It's not easy for us non-pros sticking to a style :p

Renalicious
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Lol, good. Although I really go to extremes. Yesterday I couldn't hit a forehand. It was so hard lol. And the backhand was awesome.

Are there any ways or methods to get a balance? Or is this just a way of life? :p

manutoo
Feb 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
Lol, good. Although I really go to extremes. Yesterday I couldn't hit a forehand. It was so hard lol. And the backhand was awesome.

Are there any ways or methods to get a balance? Or is this just a way of life? :p Are your shots flat? That could be why your strokes are inconsistent. If your hitting with topspin and your hitting errors then your stroke probally breaks down.

Just work on getting your stroke consistent get a partner or ball machine to hit you many balls and your strokes will improve. but this does not happen in one day.

Renalicious
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Yep, they're flat. :p

Thanks for the tips, I guess I just have to go out and play as much tennis as I can. :)

ArturoAce.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:49 AM
mine change every hour. :bigcry:
my forehand can be so penetrating at a moment, and then all of a sudden i keep hitting long or netting them :sad:
my backhand is crazy. one day they all go in with cool angles, but then it all disappears and all i do is net them or they go long.
and those days, i just slice my backhand just to get them in. :ras:

Theta
Mar 3rd, 2009, 02:46 AM
I hate the wind. Wind just makes me not want to try. One, allergies. Two, i set up for a perfect shot then mother nature decides to blow it away and i then get laughed at. If it's a windy day at practice my game's off.

The thing that changes most is my net play. There are just some days when i'm hopped up on...something and i play aggressive and effective net. Other days the fear kicks in and i realize that stupid ball is coming at my at 56mph on a mediocre day (i know, we've gotten a speedometer out).

I think every tennis player has bad days and that's what really changes your play. I mean, unlike the pros, tennis isn't all we do. We've got work and school and tennis usually comes after and can suffer accordingly.

Renalicious
Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Yep the wind can be annoying. Expecially if it's blowing to the right, which means that my forehand DTL will not be as effective as it was. Which sucks.

crazillo
Mar 17th, 2009, 05:34 PM
It depends on how much I play. My FH pretty much is the same all the time and my main weapon, I got a consistent BH and a slice to rely on, but I really need to be serving a lot to get a good high percentage of first serves in. I can serve quite well, but I need match practise for that! My volleys can really be great or bad, although I try to finish points at the net when it is possible I sometimes overhit easy shots there...

So all in all I have a similair game, but there is always a few things that can go wrong. Also I can adapt my game a little bit depending on who I play.

Petkorazzi
Mar 18th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Well, it depends on the day. Sometimes my backhand is good, sometimes by forehand, but I've had only 3 days in all my life in which I got everything in. I wish one of those days would come soon. :sobbing:

hdfb
Mar 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
^I've only had one. I want that serve back. :(
I'm very streaky, I'm what you'd call a ballbasher who falsely believes they play with their head. :angel: My forehands are usually good but my BH is so crap sometimes and sometimes its mediocre... My footwork affects it a lot... sometimes I'm so lazy with my feet without realising,

Renalicious
Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah that's true. Stupid feet. :(

Gawd, my backhand is so crap now. *sigh*. Boo. :o

GavinC360
Mar 23rd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Yes it definitely changes day to day