PDA

View Full Version : I had some ideas about this place....

iGOAT
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:35 AM
I think we should have the "Szavay Agnes" thread stickied, as well as the results, livescore, and the picture and video threads. We also could get a moderator, I don't know if most forums this size do, but whatever I volunteer, but I'm not set or anything and it might be better if a Hungarian did it. What do you guys think?

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:45 AM
Not sure about the stickies. Sure, it would be great, but...then what other threads would exist? Maybe threads for each tournament or each few tournaments. Example:
-Agi's Australian summer cheering thread
-Agi's February Cheering thread
-Agnes in the US-Indian Wells and Miami
etc. etc.

What do you think?

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:49 AM
Also, looking at other forums, possible threads include:
-News and Articles about Agnes
-Agnes' statistics thread
-Off-topic chat thread
-Expectations for Agi (a place to post what her goals for each season/month/tournament should be)

*Also, Agnes Szavay as the name of the sub-forum seems a bit boring. Any1 got ideas?

iGOAT
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:58 AM
I think Agnes Szavay is pretty good and it keeps us away from the extreme cheesiness and strangess some places have (moNA LIsa smile, The Mansion of Princess Chakvetadze, Beauty and her Beasts) :tape:.

I guess maybe the Agnes Szavay thread should kind of stop since its pointless now that we have a subforum, for stickies could be
-News, Articles
-Results
-Livescores
-Pictures, Videos
-Expectations, also could just sort of be chat about her...

IMO we don't really need a chat thread, there seem to be millions anyway, but I am open to your opinions....

Then we could do a cheering/discussion thread each tournament

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:04 AM
About the name, I think that maybe we could find a non-Cheesy name?
siberian siren, greek goddess gang, momosapiens, smash 'em sam, etc. seem like good names to me:shrug:

Maybe "Szavay's Shack"?

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:05 AM
About the name, I think that maybe we could find a non-Cheesy name?
siberian siren, greek goddess gang, momosapiens, smash 'em sam, etc. seem like good names to me:shrug:

Maybe "Szavay's Shack"?

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:13 AM
I don't know about this, and I don't think it will be a great idea, but maybe a thread for Blanka? On MTF, Dinara has a thread in the Marat forum, Giovanni Lapentti has one in Nicolas Lapentti's forum, Novak's brothers each have in his forum, etc. Or maybe it would belong in Tennis Hungaria?

iGOAT
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:18 AM
I don't know about this, and I don't think it will be a great idea, but maybe a thread for Blanka? On MTF, Dinara has a thread in the Marat forum, Giovanni Lapentti has one in Nicolas Lapentti's forum, Novak's brothers each have in his forum, etc. Or maybe it would belong in Tennis Hungaria?
Sure :lol:

Hmmm Szavay's Shack is okay, but doesn't quite have the same ring imo. We should try to think of something :unsure:

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:24 AM
Maybe....Szavay's allies?
Szavay's supplies?
Szavay's spies?

Any other ideas?

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:25 AM
Maybe "Bless Agnes(stress the 'es') with success"?

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:27 AM
How about "Szavay's ship"?

iGOAT
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:49 AM
I kind of like Szavay's Supplies actually :lol:

They're all pretty good. None are embarassing :lol:

Also something like "Cocktail Party" that is totally random (I think anyway) would be kind of fun...

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:50 AM
perhaps.

maybe szavay's surprise!?

iGOAT
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:54 AM
Or Agi's Allies
-Szavay Loves I (that's pretty bad I guess)

iGOAT
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:54 AM
perhaps.

maybe szavay's surprise!?
That's good. Let's wait for some of the Europeans :lol:

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:57 AM
Or Agi's Allies
-Szavay Loves I (that's pretty bad I guess)

Actually, that sounds like a good idea to me:)

I really like it actually:hearts:

Good night:wavey:

#kArLoS#
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:15 PM
Agi´s family?not sounds good:(
wait,I´m thinking in a good name:angel::p

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Once we get a few more ideas, we'll make a primary poll(multiple choice) like they did in the polish forum and then the top3 go to another poll with only one vote per person and the winning choice will be the name of the subforum;)

#kArLoS#
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:23 PM
ok:)

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM
So, as of now the poll options would be:
1.keep it as it is(Agnes Szavay)
2.Szavay's shack
3.Szavay's supplies
4.Szavay's allies
5.Szavay's spies
6.Bless Agnes(stress the 'es')with success
7.Szavay's surprise
8.Szavay Loves I
9.Agi's Allies
10.Agi's family

iGOAT
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:29 PM
OK, so you vote for 5 the first time maybe, then one the second time :D

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:41 PM
so should I put up a poll? Do I notify an admin first? How does it work?

hellas719
Feb 21st, 2009, 05:33 PM
iSzavay., if I'm not around when the poll is up, make sure it is 3 days. I think that's fair:shrug:

edit-make it a public poll;)

iGOAT
Feb 22nd, 2009, 06:23 AM
IMO like a week is better to make sure no one misses it. You can have it close automatically. Just post it in this forum then we vote and when it's done we have the mods sticky those threads and change the name :) (or possibly keep it I guess :p)

hellas719
Feb 22nd, 2009, 04:34 PM
So should I make a thread?

hellas719
Feb 22nd, 2009, 08:50 PM
I'll make a 1-week long poll now ;)

hellas719
Feb 24th, 2009, 07:37 PM
So...current suggestions are:
-New name(under construction)
-Moderator. I think a moderator for Tennis Hungaria would be better.
-Statistics Thread/Trophy Room/Records Thread ?
-Cheering Threads for each tournament/string of tournaments (Will start in Indian Wells)
-Off-topic chat thread ?
-Expectations/Wishes thread ?
-News and articles about Agnes (will be made in the near future)

We need a moderator. I'll PM an admin for more info;)
Is a statistics thread a good idea?
Will people actually post in a chat thread? I have an idea that we bring up news from around the world and we discuss it there. Anyone like that idea?
-Is Dear Agnes... enough or should we make an expectations/wishes thread? I think that it would be good to post expectations/wishes in Dear Agnes...
IMO, just write:
Dear Agnes,
Please reach at least the QF's here.

And finally, if Blanka gets a thread, I would put it in Tennis Hungaria. After all, she belongs with the other Hungarian players:shrug:

hellas719
Feb 24th, 2009, 11:49 PM
The mods said they will discuss it;)

iGOAT
Feb 25th, 2009, 03:20 AM
The mods said they will discuss it;)
Oh good :)

hellas719
Feb 27th, 2009, 12:23 AM
So, I think I've come to a conclusion.
a)no thread for Blanka in Agnes' forum;). Someone could make one in Tennis Hungaria if they want:shrug:
b)yes to a statistics thread, but I don't want to start it and have to update it:o. Whoever makes it is responsible for updating it constantly, with her records, random stats, titles, etc.
c)yes to a chat thread. it doesnt have to be that active. someone could ask a question and we could all answer it, and then move on.
d)expectations and wishes will be posted in the dear agnes thread, in the form of a letter;)

I am always open to your ideas!

hellas719
Feb 27th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Now all we need is a stats thread, as I made a thread for news, and an off-topic thread. Monterrey will be Agi's last tournament in that thread. From then on, we will have tournament threads, the first one will be called "Agi's American Mission-Indian Wells and Miami Cheering Thread", or something like that;)

iGOAT
Feb 27th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Ok

hellas719
Feb 27th, 2009, 03:11 AM
^Sorry If you feel bossed around. I've always been intrested in this stuff and I want this sub-forum to be a big success;)

iGOAT
Feb 27th, 2009, 03:14 AM
:lol: No not at all. But I think we should have a thread per tournament...

Then the results thread just lists her results, it could be stats too...

hellas719
Feb 27th, 2009, 06:47 PM
^Yes. That sounds good. A post with all of her accomplishments and records could be included their too;)

hellas719
Mar 6th, 2009, 02:53 AM
I'll make a thread in the Bug/Error Reporting and Questions sub-forum to make the livescore, video/photo, calendar, and results thread stickied:D

iGOAT
Mar 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Great idea :D

And tell them we want a mod for the Hungarian forum too

hellas719
Mar 14th, 2009, 06:58 PM
So, do you guys agree on "Agi's Allies"?
I need to know;)

hellas719
Mar 31st, 2009, 12:42 AM
What do you guys think about an introductions thread? And iSzavay., are you going to make the statistics thread or should you wait?:unsure:
I must admit that Agi's forum is really developing. Before we know it, we will be at volume 2 of the livescore thread:angel:

iGOAT
Mar 31st, 2009, 03:14 AM
I agree, we are getting bigger, and if Ági gets better, fans will come ;)

I don't want to keep a statistics thread, but I hope someone does :p

#kArLoS#
Mar 31st, 2009, 01:43 PM
OK,I agree with the introductions thread:bigclap:

hellas719
Mar 31st, 2009, 07:09 PM
It's alright, iSzavay;)
I'm sure that someday there will be a thread, as Agi will have more fans. Who wants to start the introductions thread? Also, who wants to start the Stuttgart thread? I mean, we don't need to start a thread for Stuttgart for a few weeks, but-you know:p

hellas719
Mar 31st, 2009, 08:34 PM
I'll make the intoductions thread;)

hellas719
Apr 21st, 2009, 02:38 AM
iSzavay, can I make the Rome thread?:)
Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaasssssssseeeeeeee??????:)

I'll start thinking of catchy names;)
Hmm...how's:
When in Rome? Now! Agi is there!
never mind:tape:
I'll keep thinking...:lol:

iGOAT
Apr 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Sure :shrug: I don't care who makes them, but if no one has yet then I will do it.......

Also, if anybody wants to apply to be a Hungarian forum moderator, they should do it now, since the admins are looking for new mods

Christinawww
May 8th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Hi
I would like to make the stats thread. Though be patient with me. It takes a lot of time. You can see on my homepage for Vika what kind of stats I like doing. I also have a word document comparing the 88-89-90-91 girls in addition to the individual stats. I like making stats, but don't have a ton of time for it.

hellas719
May 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM
It's okay:p
You can take your time. Why do you think I didn't want to start it?:p

Christinawww
May 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I'm not quite sure how to make it look pretty. So far I have organized the stats in tables in word. That looks fine. I can either take screen shots and post pictures or I can create a subpage for her on my domain and post in html as I have with Vika, Danka and Caro.
Or post it directly here in the posts/threads but then I don't know how it will look.

iGOAT
May 10th, 2009, 04:30 AM
You could ask watchdogfish how to do the way he does the FITD charts, that looks good. Thanks so much for volunteering to do it! If it's okay, I will make the results thread stats too, or even just stats and you can keep results.

hellas719
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
What about a name change now?:p

hellas719
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
So, how does "The Hungarian Hammer" sound?:unsure:

Sally Todd
Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
So, how does "The Hungarian Hammer" sound?:unsure:

I like it. :D

Though she had me wanting to throw a hammer at Point Tracker today. :tape:

hellas719
Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
:rolls:
I actually laughed out loud during that:p

hellas719
Aug 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM
So anyone for a name change or no?:p

iGOAT
Aug 13th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not opposed to it, but I don't really see any point :shrug:.

hellas719
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I think that I'll bring that topic back in the offseason so we have something to discuss here or during/after one of Agi's big tournaments next year (like if she gets to the semis of IW or quarters of RG or w/e)

hellas719
Mar 6th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Anyone think we should make a schedule of starting tournament threads? Sounds lame, I know :p
Like I think Nick said he'd do Indian Wells and Miami, maybe Carlos can do Stuttgart, I can do Estoril, ... :p

iGOAT
Mar 6th, 2010, 03:35 AM
IDK :shrug: it's not good if one person does all, but scheduling is a little much too :p I'd say just different people should try to start them and if people have been making them then don't start them unless the tournament is about to start and noone's done anything yet.

hellas719
Mar 6th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Sounds good :p

Hakapeszi
Mar 6th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Anyone think we should make a schedule of starting tournament threads? Sounds lame, I know :p
Like I think Nick said he'd do Indian Wells and Miami, maybe Carlos can do Stuttgart, I can do Estoril, ... :p

We have Indian Wells, Miami and Stuttgart threads yet.
Why we need new ones?

hellas719
Mar 6th, 2010, 04:44 AM
For each year :p
Or that could be a new idea, keep the same thread forever I guess :unsure:
Other player forums get a new thread each year though...

iGOAT
Mar 6th, 2010, 05:05 AM
I think new each year is better, because each thread you cheer for her tournament. Quite frankly, year to year the tournament seems totally different, it's sort of odd if all the last-year stuff is there. And if she does bad one year, it's not too good for the re-bump...

#kArLoS#
Mar 6th, 2010, 11:43 PM

actually,I like your idea.Sounds cool,really;).But it seems I am alone in this point,so...
In the other hand,I disagree about having the thread of the last year.Doesn´t sound logical:p,and like Nick said,if the tournament the last year has been shit,it´s not like we want to remember it

iGOAT
Jul 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Who wants to make summer threads :p?

I might be away this weekend so someone else make Prague! I can take care of New Haven :D then there's San Diego and US Open ;).

Then back to names for here, maybe it's time? IDK, what do you guys think? I remember liking "Ági's Allies" okay, and especially "Szávay's Supplies" ;). Those are both cool-sounding, but it would be more fun to have like a forum inside-joke, like "Cocktail Party" if we can think of any like that?

#kArLoS#
Jul 9th, 2010, 03:32 PM
US Open for me,please :angel:

San Diego for Hellas,Hakapeszki o whoever wants it :p

About the names,Szavay´s Supplies is my favourite of these two.Anyway I think we can give two days or so on think another name.If after that time there aren´t new ones or we don´t like those new suggestions,we could make a poll with the two that Nick mentioned :shrug:

Hakapeszi
Jul 11th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Who wants to make summer threads :p?

I might be away this weekend so someone else make Prague!

Draws are out. So who wants to make it now?

iGOAT
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Okay, I'll make Prague, why not? Then New Haven too...

Then Toronto can be hellas719 and US Open for Karlos maybe :).