PDA

View Full Version : Will you stop calling Venus "Vee" and Serena "Rena" ??

LightWarrior
Feb 20th, 2009, 11:54 PM
They don't even call each other that way. So please have a little dignity when you don't even know theses woman. Plus "Rena" horrible, makes me think of "Renée", the worst name ever.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Feb 20th, 2009, 11:54 PM
No.

Craig.
Feb 20th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Hilar.

Lin Lin
Feb 20th, 2009, 11:55 PM
:lol:

Cp6uja
Feb 20th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah... why Serena to call RENA instead REE which is more natural nickname for her???

Marcelo.
Feb 20th, 2009, 11:58 PM
:timebomb:

volta
Feb 20th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I know i wont and ur wrong , Venus does get called vee alot by her fam , serena must have a family nickname as well but i dont think that ive heard them say it yet :lol:

Harvs
Feb 20th, 2009, 11:59 PM
lollollol.

you must have a busy and intruiging life:)

In The Zone
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:02 AM
:lol: They[Serena+family] do call Venus "Vee" and Rena "Ree". I know, Jankovic lost, but find something else to care about. ;)

SV_Fan
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:02 AM
They don't even call each other that way. So please have a little dignity when you don't even know theses woman. Plus "Rena" horrible, makes me think of "Renée", the worst name ever.

actually serena calls venus vee.

LightWarrior
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:04 AM
:lol: They[Serena+family] do call Venus "Vee" and Rena "Ree". I know, Jankovic lost, but find something else to care about. ;)

I'm not a fan of Jankovic, I love Serena, not "Renée"

tennisbum79
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:05 AM
Isn't there anything better to discuss about the WS, who are on the verge of second resurgence than not calling them names they call themselves?

Well, at least Serena call Venus Vee.

LightWarrior
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:14 AM
Isn't there anything better to discuss about the WS, who are on the verge of second resurgence than not calling them names they call themselves?

Well, at least Serena call Venus Vee.

Nadia Petrova is more efficient picking up potatoes, just like Safina. They are best buds in potatoe fields.

hablo
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:18 AM
What's next? Forbidding Amélie Mauresmo fans from callling her Momo? :tape:

(Yes, I know Mauresmo herself doesn't like that nickname. What's hilarious is that even Sveta calls her like that, apparently. :rolls: )

We'll continue to call them Rena and Vee.

Kirilenko's nickname reminds me of a french cheese, yet you don't hear me complaining (makiri = kiri :haha: )

BlameSerena
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM
Well Rena's nickname is Ree and Venus's is Vee. Richard has been known to also call Rena, "Meke," which is a shortened version of her middle name. I call Serena, Rena or Ree, and I don't pronounce Rena as "RENÈE." But, in the grand scheme of things, we must ask ourselves: Does it really matter??

Why is this a topic again??

:confused:

The Daviator
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM
I've seen Venus during matches talking to herself and calling herself Vee!

V's a star
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:21 AM
Actually Serena does call Venus VEE:ras: U make the most pointless dumb threads consistently that i have ever seen in 4 yrs of being on wtaworld and thers a ton!! to chose from :help:

Larrybidd
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:23 AM
NO. And I'll still refer to Jankovic as JJ, and Mauresmo as Momo, and Sharapova as Masha, etc. It's not disrespect - its called internet shorthand. You might wanna look into it.

Noctis
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:24 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-finger006.gif
Reall can We shorten your name to *Iwillmakemyselflookdumbineverythreadofmysadlife*?

LightWarrior
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:38 AM
Why is this a topic again??

:confused:

It is just because you're answering it.

debby
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:44 AM
Renée is not the worst ever, I would say... Henriette, Cunégonde, Bernadette, and that kind of old name :tape: (sorry for girls who are called like that :help: )

Justine hated her nickname "Juju" and prefered to be called "Ju", but we, her fans, were and are still calling her Juju :p

So it is the same for Momo (ROFLMAO for Makiri :lol: :tape: once, she played Cornet in Wimbledon 2007... in french, it means an ice-cream... ice-cream against cheese :tape: )and Serena maybe.

BlameSerena
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM
It is just because you're answering it.

My mistake.:rolleyes:

Good day, mate.

V's a star
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:50 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-finger006.gif
Reall can We shorten your name to *Iwillmakemyselflookdumbineverythreadofmysadlife*?

:haha::worship::worship:

Fabunny
Feb 21st, 2009, 01:10 AM
Venus mentioned in multiple interviews that she refers to herself as "Vee" when she is encouraging herself on the court to make inprovements in her game, e.g. she'll say to herself, "Com'on, Vee".
I don't know about Serena.

tonybotz
Feb 21st, 2009, 01:33 AM
it's not Vee, It's V-Starr, bitches!! And it's not Rena, it's Ree-Ree!!

égalité
Feb 21st, 2009, 01:34 AM

:spit:

Renalicious
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:11 AM
Rena definitely calls her sis Vee.

Black Mamba.
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:24 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2jcam90.png

Serenita
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:30 AM
uhm no

Ciarán
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:33 AM
I'm not a fan of Jankovic, I love Serena, not "Renée"

RENA not Renée. Strange how the whole world doesn't revolve around you. :weirdo:

Serena's Hubby
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:52 AM
Vee and Rena!!!!!! I like Serena's real nickname though Meeka for her middle name!!

Cakeisgood
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:52 AM
Remember when you made the "why don't you all have a life" thread?

http://jcnot4me.com/images/pot_calls_kettle_black.bmp

Apoleb
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:54 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Exactly.

miffedmax
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:58 AM
Okay. From now own I will call Serena "Miss Poopy Drawers" and Venus "Who Stole My HoHos."

Just to be fair, I'll call Elena "Tinky Winky Stinky Toes."

gmokb
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:01 AM
People tend to give people they love/like nicknames, it has nothing to do with what they call themselves. My calling them Vee and Ree is not being disrespectful and I will not stop doing so, unless one day they say stop, we don't like it.

Denise4925
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:32 AM

Well, their family does call Venus, Vee. Soooooooooooo no. :)

Denise4925
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:38 AM
Okay. From now own I will call Serena "Miss Poopy Drawers" and Venus "Who Stole My HoHos."

:spit: :haha:

tennnisfannn
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:42 AM

bloody racist pot!!
I take it Venus and serena do not frequesnt these boards anyway and if they did Ree and Vee would be the least of thier worries as far as name calling goes!

meyerpl
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:49 AM

Just to be fair, I'll call Elena "Tinky Winky Stinky Toes.":lol::lol::lol:I was going to post something along these lines but your names are much funnier than the names I had in mind.

darrinbaker00
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:59 AM
I call Venus "The Lanky One" and Serena "The Voluptuous One." Is that OK with you, Mr. Thread Starter?

supergrunt
Feb 21st, 2009, 04:13 AM
Vee and Rena

dreamgoddess099
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:18 AM
I know i wont and ur wrong , Venus does get called vee alot by her fam , serena must have a family nickname as well but i dont think that ive heard them say it yet :lol:

The family refers to Venus as "V" and to Serena as "Meek." Now Richard often yells "Meka" during Serena's matches, but for the rest you'll usually hear them call her Meek. The whole thing is quite ironic considering Serena is often called the strongest and outgoing woman or the strongest looking one, and yet her family nickname is Meek.:lol:

pav
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:53 AM
Are you constipated :confused: joking :confused: or just so puffed up with your own self importance that you resemble a poisoned pup!

Shawn
Feb 21st, 2009, 01:39 PM
even some of the players like Kutnetsova and Petrova call Venus, Vee. As for Serena, my little nephew who adores her before he could speak properly, he called her Rena. So I started calling her Rena because it sounded so cute. Actually he was filmed on the tennis channel when he was at the Arthur Ashe Kids Day calling her Rena...... so maybe he was the one who invented that nickname hmmmm.........

Dodoboy.
Feb 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
Bye girl, fly girl :wave:

pancake
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:51 PM
Who the hell are you to tell people how they should not be called? It's not like Vee and Rena are something bad and who cares the name horrifies you.

Indytennis
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:41 PM

LMAO!!! I knew there was a reason for me to read this stupid thread, and I found it.

sweetpeas
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Wow.wow...

The Dawntreader
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:30 PM
Fine, they're both Joan from now on.

All you had to do was ask...

sammy01
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
i just hate the stupid things people put before rena, like halfassedrena, quaterena, winnerrena ect, it really isn't funny and once one persons done it it gets old fast.

as for vee and rena i dont mind them there quick to type the same as lena d, chaky, momo ect

fufuqifuqishahah
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
hey there Nono

giving people a pet name / nick name is usually a sign of endearment, not an attempt to insult their dignity :D

Slutiana
Feb 21st, 2009, 06:40 PM
even some of the players like Kutnetsova and Petrova call Venus, Vee. As for Serena, my little nephew who adores her before he could speak properly, he called her Rena. So I started calling her Rena because it sounded so cute. Actually he was filmed on the tennis channel when he was at the Arthur Ashe Kids Day calling her Rena...... so maybe he was the one who invented that nickname hmmmm.........
Petrova calls her The V. :rolls:

Destiny
Feb 21st, 2009, 08:46 PM
Hell no

Inger67
Feb 21st, 2009, 09:13 PM
You call out other people for not having lives that have over 5,000 posts but there you are sitting at your house thinking of the most absurd and ludicrous topics possible. :shrugs: Just get over it.

Lulu.
Feb 21st, 2009, 09:31 PM
No.

debby
Feb 21st, 2009, 09:31 PM
http://www.gala.fr/var/gal/storage/images/media/images/photos_lifestyle/cuisine/nouveau_gout/kiri/271119-1-fre-FR/kiri_reference.jpg

Kirilenko ? Golovin? :bigcry:

Ciarán
Feb 21st, 2009, 09:32 PM
:lol:

Dawn Marie
Feb 21st, 2009, 09:39 PM
Er, nobody is calling anyone anything in here because this is the internet. We WRITE their names we don't speak them. If you don't like how I write the names "Vee" and "Ree" then u can put me on ignore.
I would appreciate it, if you don't try to tell me what to do. I don't know who or what you're trying to be, but you got me messed up. If u think you're not going to "see" this foot in your ass, think again.
LOL

Dominic
Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:21 AM
Who the hell are you to tell people how they should not be called? It's not like Vee and Rena are something bad and who cares the name horrifies you.

Hey great sig honey. I'm glad I have my own fanclub now.

Infiniti2001
Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:31 AM
Vee :banana::rocker:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:35 AM
:worship:VEE and RENA :worship:

hablo
Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:48 AM
http://www.gala.fr/var/gal/storage/images/media/images/photos_lifestyle/cuisine/nouveau_gout/kiri/271119-1-fre-FR/kiri_reference.jpg

Kirilenko ? Golovin? :bigcry:

:rolls:

TennisViewer531
Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:53 AM
VeeRena Williams! hehehe