PDA

View Full Version : Serena's catsuit is ugly but I'm glad she wears it..

Rayny
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:33 AM
I love how Serena flaunts the fact that she does not have that bony model body that seems to be the rage in America. She almost dares you to not think she's sexy. There are a lot of women who are voluptuous like Serena and she shows that you don't have to be ashamed- an ample female form is not "disgusting" or something to be embarrassed by.

Bottom line: The booty is here to stay America- deal with it!!:bounce: :bounce:

anton
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:38 AM
http://venustennis.com/swbody02.jpg
You mean this?
Serena said she will wear the outfit again in one of the next rounds.

AjdeNate!
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:39 AM
Wow, look how the back, erm, rides up on her.
Wouldn't that cause chaffing? ;)

Joseosu19
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:41 AM
I agree with the orignial post...America has come to believe that to be "sexy" you have to be a stick with huge breasts...but Serena shows that this is not the case...More Power to Serena!

anton
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:42 AM
I think the material is soft but made to look like leather from a distance.

irma
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:45 AM
serena is sexy because she thinks she is and she shows that.
people don't know how important selfconfidence is and see it as arrogance. not me, I envy it!

Cybelle Darkholme
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:01 AM
Yeah it amazes me that some people think that having booty is not attractive, sorry but to some people it is. So if its not your cup of tea then move on because there are plenty of guys who love booty!

Bring on the booty lovers cause the haters are retarded!

GrandSlammed
Sep 1st, 2002, 01:24 AM
What exactly is so ugly about the catsuit???

It's black.

Not plaid. Not polka dot. Not leopard print. (hmmmmm...leopard print, ;)) ... it's just, black.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:01 AM
I dont like how shiny the material is, either than that she is built to wear whatever the hell she wants :p

servenrichie
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Seles:
Wow, look how the back, erm, rides up on her.
Wouldn't that cause chaffing?

Em Seles, you cant be serious!!! :mad:

Incidentally, i like Serenas body and it is a good thing that she is proud of it, but the catsuit is very inappropriate.
It missed its mark on a tennis court and it does not look good on her. It didnt do justice to her "sexy" body!:lick:

irma
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:27 AM
go serena, that you might be an example for many women in this world http://216.40.241.68/kao/chika/chirol_iei.gif

FS
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:29 AM
only serena could give justice to that outfit.;)

Crazy Canuck
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:56 AM
I still can't get over what they allow the women to wear, then shit their pants when Tommy Hass tries to pass off a tank top :rolleyes:

Iconoclast
Sep 2nd, 2002, 12:32 PM
'Every player shall dress and present himself for play in a professional manner. Clean and customarily acceptable tennis attire shall be worn as determined by each respective Grand Slam.'

Essentially it's a rubber rule. Slams can do anything they want as Wimbledon is testimony to with their "one color only" rule. But please spare us the double-standards.

Even though he should have submitted the outfit for approval beforehand, Haas should have been allowed to stay sleeveless when you consider what the women put on. Maybe they thought he was a bit too fancy and flamboyant for a guy - if you know what I mean.

I happen to enjoy the Serena catsuit and share the sentinments of the thread starter. Women have been told more or less succinctly that they need to hide their asses if they can't muster a petite, Kate Moss-like derriere. Which is essentially bunkum. A glorious, Serena-sized butt has every right to be displayed prominently. I assure you - it will be appreciated by millions of people around the world. Just look how far the good old gluteus got Jennifer Lopez.

AmErIcAn
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:11 PM
Tommy Haas should play topless dammit!

Crazy Canuck
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:17 PM
Haas made a comment in something I read ( was it on cnnsi maybe?) that he was out dining and 6 ladies came up to him and said that they wished he could play sleevless too ;)

GO tommy! :p

AmErIcAn
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:20 PM
mmmm Tommy is SO HOT!!!!

I wish he was American :sad: Oh well we have Gambil :D

Bella
Sep 2nd, 2002, 08:44 PM
Tommy is less comfortable in sleeves and that seems like a good reason to let him wear it. Since it can get so hot, it seems silly to make men be uncomfortable. I hope this opens a discussion and frees the men and their underarms.

Serena is someone who some young girls can identify with when their bodies change so quickly. Some girls suffer anxiety at the change and and hate their "fat" and begin dieting. She is a rare thing, though. I hope those girls don't start comparing waists with Serena.

I admire stongly-built women and heavy women who are confident and comfortable with their bodies. One of the things I admire in black women is how much better, as a group, they are at this. Obviously, black men deserve some of the credit for this, too.

Pamela Shriver
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:34 PM
I was the first style guru on the women's tour! Serena takes fashion tips from me.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:47 PM
One of the things I admire in black women is how much better, as a group, they are at this. Obviously, black men deserve some of the credit for this, too.

This is a really good point actually. Rather, a curious one.

Iconoclast
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:05 PM
Actually, I'm not sure how pertinent these inter-sex comparisons are. For instance:

Should a man be allowed to wear a skirt on court?

Crazy Canuck
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:07 PM
If he wants to, and has appropriate coverage, why not?

I dont feel that we should be encouraging gender sterotypes to be carried out onto the court.

Iconoclast
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:12 PM
True.

But try and imagine Max Mirnyi in Hantuchova's famed "cocktail dress".

nasty nick#2
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:32 PM
She got a nice body! I wish more players had those outfits, i promise i would watch more Female Tennis then :D

Crazy Canuck
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:53 PM
But try and imagine Max Mirnyi in Hantuchova's famed "cocktail dress".

*giggles* But hey, if that was what made him comfortable :o All the power to him ;)

selesadmirer
Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:59 PM
Damn serena has a jiggly ass.

express
Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:53 PM
i completely agree. at issue is NOT whether Serena is sexy. she most definitely is. at issue is whether this outfit is appropriate for TENNIS which it most certainly is not.

furthermore, as you say, the outfit is simply not suited to her particular body. a woman can look sexy in some outfits -- like Mary Pierce in her black dress a couple of years ago -- and look most unattractive in another kind of outfit -- like Mary Pierce in the Nike 2-piece a couple of years ago. same woman, same body, different outfit, different result. folks who are reading sime kind of advancement of WOMEN into this outfit are sadly deluded. this is nothing but a backward step, using your body to sell a product. in Serena's case, sadly, there was no need to. she could have kept this outfit for her private one-on-ones with Lennox Lewis. it would have been totally appropriate there. i don't know who it is that finally got thru to her to change her clothes but i'm glad she has and i hope that this outfit never reapppears.

Originally posted by servenrichie
Incidentally, i like Serenas body and it is a good thing that she is proud of it, but the catsuit is very inappropriate.
It missed its mark on a tennis court and it does not look good on her. It didnt do justice to her "sexy" body!

Williams Rulez
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:46 AM
Hmmm, I am glad we are not looking at more sticks... ;)

No but I'm glad that Serena is happy with her body, not affected by the stereotype that a thin body is the only way to go...

As for the issue with men, I agree that they should be allowed to wear whatever they want, even skirts. As long as it is truly for a good reason, then why not? If they feel comfy in it, then we should get over the gender stereotyping and allow them to wear it.

tennischick
Sep 4th, 2002, 03:48 PM
on the one hand i kinda admire her hutzpah (sp?) in wearing this outfit, but on the other hand i really wish she hadn't bec it just doesn't flatter her.

Hagar
Sep 4th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by GrandSlammed
What exactly is so ugly about the catsuit???

It's black.

Not plaid. Not polka dot. Not leopard print. (hmmmmm...leopard print, ;)) ... it's just, black.

That is only a matter of time, IMHO.

I like that outfit. Serena's got plenty of body to put in that suit. :D