PDA

View Full Version : Suffering Dokic Withdrawal Symptoms? ..discussion of past matches!

Golovinjured.
Feb 20th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Anyone feeling a bit weird lately? I was searching the net and found this, and it kind of scared me.

NOTE: not actual link
www.dokicwithdrawalsymptons.shoo.com

Dokic Withdrawal Symptoms
Anxiety
Confusion
Insomnia
Vomitting
Hallucinations
'SHOO' deficiency (FATAL)

:scared:

Thankfully it also let the cure be known. Sweet relief. What is it, you ask? Well, the only way to treat these symptons is to watch and talk about old Dokic matches. (hearts). The wins, the losses, the ones with (AUS) next to her name and the ones with (YUG) next to it, even the ones post meltdown. So rejoice Dokic fans, the end of this torturous waiting is not far away, and Indian Wells will come in no time if we stick the the treatment plan. Let's reminisce!

Golovinjured.
Feb 20th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Jelena Dokic (AUS) def. Anna Kournikova (RUS) 6-7(3), 7-5, 6-3
Fed Cup 2000, Russia

This HAS to be one of my favourites. The quality was pretty good, phenomenal groundstrokes from both, and both are hot on epic levels. :drool: Most importantly, Jelena won and she did it on foreign soil for Australia. Down 6-7 *1-2 00-40. It was also her last Fed Cup match for Australia before this year.

_BQLZwW975o
KhX5oynG28M
Iyvm7_tlNsg

ninanina19
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
I love that match but I don't have it in full. Can someone post some old Jelena matches or link to them?

Golovinjured.
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
I just use youtube. :sobbing:

Thanks for uploading that match for us. Did I thank you already?

Dominic
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
I would kill to see Dokic against Schnyder in Zurich 2003 and Dokic vs Henin in Betty Barclay cup 2002 I think

ninanina19
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:02 AM
I just use youtube. :sobbing:

Thanks for uploading that match for us. Did I thank you already?

Yeah you did, you goodrepped me :). If I had any download links, I would upload more videos. I spent like hours splitting and uploading the AO matches and then TA deleted them:fiery:. So if anyone has any non grandslam matches of old Dokic, I can upload them on youtube for the other Dokic fans.

KazeKarter
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:37 AM
I wasn't too much involved with tennis back then, but i remember a match against Clijisters which she won. I had no idea who she was then:lol:

Golovinjured.
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
^^ LOL.

^^ :spit: TA deleted your videos? :haha:

Привет
Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:51 AM
Since I started following tennis around the summer of 05 after Maria won Wimbledon the previous year, I don't really remember a lot about Jelena from before she came back to Australia. :) I do remember her playing Kournikova (I was sure it was her, but maybe it wasn't... :confused:). I remember my sister saying that Jelena was an Anna try hard because of the long blonde hair. :(

Babolatpro880
Feb 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Jelena and Anna always played great matches. I remember watching a match they played that I think was in the Acura Classic a bunch of years back? I know it was the semis.

cn ireland
Feb 27th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Jelena and Anna always played great matches. I remember watching a match they played that I think was in the Acura Classic a bunch of years back? I know it was the semis.

I remember that match really well. Jelena didn't play well at all and Anna should've won but the Dok pulled it out in 3:)!

She lost to Venus in the final though, 6-2 6-2!

ninanina19
Feb 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
^^ LOL.

^^ :spit: TA deleted your videos? :haha:

Welll maybe not directly but it said "videos deleted due to a copyright claim from Tennis Australia".

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 27th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I uploaded a bunch of Dokic stuff in my old video thread :hearts: