PDA

View Full Version : Who is going:

Richie's
Feb 20th, 2009, 09:36 AM
First names will be published after Miami and when Europe Clay Season starts.

Paris75
Feb 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
I hoped the tournament website would announce some names, but we have to wait a bit more ... :(
I believe Anabel will come back. Otherwise, I hope Kata, Jelena Dokic will come back too. And obviously i hope top players will come too! (why not Amélie and Elena for a Paris final rematch :) )
I'll be there for sure from Wenesday to the final !

Ballbasher
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
Elena can't go, because she's played Auckland!

Paris75
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
Argh... I forgot that rule ...
So no Elena (aukland), no Vera (Pattaya), no Ana( Brisbane), no Jelena (Marbella), no Serena (Marbella) no Venus (Monterrey)and no Aga ! :(
Anyway, there would have been very little chance to see one of those girls playing here!

iGOAT
Feb 22nd, 2009, 06:09 AM
JJ can't play Marbella so IMO there's a pretty good chance she plays here.

Sharapova can't cause of Ponte Vedra either, so maybe Kuzzie otherwise, possibly Safina :shrug: Plus Petrova, Wozniacki, Pennetta etc. can play

Paris75
Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
I thought the tournament of Marbella paid the wta to be able to let play 2 top 10 players! Are sure sure Jelena won't be there ?

Since the tournament is now owned by the French federation (like GDF Paris), we can hope for some good names here!

iGOAT
Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
I thought the tournament of Marbella paid the wta to be able to let play 2 top 10 players! Are sure sure Jelena won't be there ?

Since the tournament is now owned by the French federation (like GDF Paris), we can hope for some good names here!
I don't think it did...

Paris75
Mar 4th, 2009, 07:21 PM
An interview of Amelie Mauresmo about the tournament now host by the French federation can be found in the official web site of the tournament. :http://www.internationaux-strasbourg.fr/

She says she really enjoyed the tournament when she came for the last time (2007), it's a very nice place to go before a Slam because there, she didn't feel usual pre-french open pressure.
Moroever, for the moment she doesn't plan to play there, and as expected, she says that if she goes there, it'll be a last minute decision.

gardengnome3
Apr 24th, 2009, 04:35 PM
j'y serai :) du moins du lundi au samedi

hellas719
May 15th, 2009, 02:26 AM
I'd like to ask the people who are going if they can get photos/videos/reports of the girls in my signature who will be there please:p
Especially Eleni:p