PDA

View Full Version : Even though Ana lost, she should get confidence from this QF

danieln1
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Im proud of her, she played her best tennis since Linz 2008!
But williams was on fire, even a 154 kmh she hit!
Ana now has a great chance of defending her title in Indian Wells!

Dodoboy.
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Anyone know the stats of the match???

joo.
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Or frustated since she still lost. I know I would.

Cankarlo
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM
After the match Serena said I just returned OK not any further and also said she served really bad. I thought she played very well for the first time. At least a player forced her to play her best and we saw Serena's best.

MagicMilan
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:53 PM
A lot of positives to take from this match :D

Mynarco
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Ana played better, but not well (those Ugly UE and DF are just :o)
Hope she could be back later and find the form of RG08

Volcana
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:07 PM
After the match Serena said I just returned OK not any further and also said she served really bad. I thought she played very well for the first time. At least a player forced her to play her best and we saw Serena's best.We saw Serena's best sometimes. We also saw Serena double-faulting twice in a row, try to make returns without moving he feet, and volley like an amateur.

Sometimes, Serena shows up as if she intends to put out just enough effort to win a match. Ivanovic made 'just enough' a pretty high bar today, but that wasn't the Serena of the 2007 or 2009 OZ finals.

That wasn't Ivanovic's best either today, btw.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
After the match Serena said I just returned OK not any further and also said she served really bad. I thought she played very well for the first time. At least a player forced her to play her best and we saw Serena's best.

that wasn't serena's best...lol :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:12 PM
but yes ana should take something away

Miss Amor
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Ana did play quite well. Hopefully she will play this way at IW

Dave.
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Serena played well but it wasn't her best. Ana can play miles better than she did but yes it was a confidence boosting performance. This has been one of her best tourneys since winning RG.

Ciarn
Feb 19th, 2009, 07:19 PM
She played some great points but Serena was just amazing.