PDA

View Full Version : Eurosport needs to be shot in the head....

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:09 PM
They promise live coverage of the WTA Dubai event, but all I get today is 1 hour of Kanepi defeating Vesina, 1/2 on Vera's match... and that's it. None on Venus - Dementieva match. Instead they're showing.... cycling. A REPEAT THAT IS.

Worse of all, Serena - Ana's match would also NOT be televised.

Thanks for the (almost non-existant) coverage, Eurosport! :rolleyes:

Ksenia.
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah the Eurosport coverage sucks big time :o But luckily there is a livestream for the macthes so it is not that bad.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM
its been on here all day from 6 hrs ago

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Serena will no way let Ana scream even once "Adje" in her match later.:tape:
So it's better to go sleep now.:p

MaBaker
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I agree...

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
You are not missing anything if you want to watch the Venus - Dementieva match . The quality is poor

Speak for yourself. The rally at 3-3 0/15 on Dementieva' serve was great.
And I'm really enjoying Venus' superb serving today. That 208 kmh serve even though it was out... :eek: :worship:

Sean.
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:20 PM
British Europort has shown the whole tournament :scratch:

frenchie
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:21 PM
ES France coverage has been great so far this year (including Dubai) but not today!!

Sylwiiia
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:23 PM
It is a shame esp that Venus Elena match is fantastic, I watch it on Dubai Sport :)

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM

French ES didn't. They stopped in the middle of Razzano/Zvonareva match.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Speak for yourself. The rally at 3-3 0/15 on Dementieva' serve was great.
And I'm really enjoying Venus' superb serving today. That 208 kmh serve even though it was out... :eek: :worship:

I don't know what match is good when one of the players have hit 7 winners and 18 Unforced Errors in 2 sets

nhissan
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:28 PM
are you sure you have eurosport 1 and 2?

volta
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
that's because ES2 is playing the matches

AnnaK_4ever
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I don't know what match is good when one of the players have hit 7 winners and 18 Unforced Errors in 2 sets

8 winners :p

19 UEs in 18 games = 1 UE per game = pretty normal stats when two hardhitters play :shrug:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:43 PM
8 winners :p

19 UEs in 18 games = 1 UE per game = pretty normal stats when two hardhitters play :shrug:

8 winners and 19 Unforced errors :o . Not mention to Venus throwing like 30 balls long or open

To dance a tango you need two dancers

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 20th, 2009, 12:22 AM

I'm not in UK, dear :p

cogent53
Feb 20th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Did anyone see the bit in the Zvonereva/Razzano match when they accidentally switched David Mercer and Annabelle Croft's microphones onto the PA - in the middle of a game!! It put Vera off!

I heard they say they were leaving the tennis for the Nordic skiing for Eurosport viewers (I'm a Brit too- thankfully!) and thought what a bum deal it was.

Eurosport appear to be involved in the running of the event. David Mercer introduces the players, Annabelle Croft is interviewing the players oncourt and they are always going on about the wonderful event, the beautiful stadium, what lovely people the organisers are. It's such a sell out! Not once have they mentioned the Peer situation. It was mentioned in the commentary at the Paris Indoor finals, but during this week, not a note of criticism of anything - even the lousy ballboys!!

Patrick345
Feb 20th, 2009, 01:23 AM
French ES didn't. They stopped in the middle of Razzano/Zvonareva match.

They didnīt think Razzano could do it, so they quit while being ahead. :p

Denise4925
Feb 20th, 2009, 01:26 AM
They promise live coverage of the WTA Dubai event, but all I get today is 1 hour of Kanepi defeating Vesina, 1/2 on Vera's match... and that's it. None on Venus - Dementieva match. Instead they're showing.... cycling. A REPEAT THAT IS.

Worse of all, Serena - Ana's match would also NOT be televised.

Thanks for the (almost non-existant) coverage, Eurosport! :rolleyes:

Wow, thanks for letting me know. I was thinking of dropping my cable and purchasing Dish Network in order to get Eurosport. I guess WTA fans just can't catch a break.

Denise4925
Feb 20th, 2009, 01:29 AM
its been on here all day from 6 hrs ago

I wonder which coverage we'd get here in the States with Dish or some other satellite TV.

Xylon
Feb 20th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I got Eurosport International only and didn't get to see Venus and Serena! And no live tennis for the semis and finals either! OMG! They will show a tape replay but most likely they will not show the full match. Some games will be missing...EUROSPORT IS SHIT!

TeamUla
Feb 20th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I'm watching it all on Dubai Sports.:p

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 20th, 2009, 07:23 AM
British Eurosport's coverage of this tournament has been great.

Did they say they will show the doubles, im sure the male commentator said that yesterday.

selestribe
Feb 20th, 2009, 08:32 AM
They didnīt think Razzano could do it, so they quit while being ahead. :p

Not true. On French ES, they had a break for the Nordic skiing and they said they'll be back soon. Actually, they went back at 3 all in the 2nd set up to the end. And we also got Serena vs Ivanovic from mid first set. We got some decent coverage here for now. ES did much worse.

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2009, 10:38 AM

this is what i tried in vain to point out to lior, the uk market is an important one to tennis otherwise why would british eurosport carry matches that eurosport didn't. it was the same with the live paris semi's and final, they were tape delayed in other european countries, but live in britain. i'd say british eurosport generaly carries a lot more tennis than any other eurosport, because it obviously gets better ratings than cycling and skiing ect.

cogent53
Feb 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM
British Eurosport is almost the ONLY place for WTA tennis in the UK. Sky do ATP and the US Open, Eurosport cover most WTA events in Europe.
Still think they are UAE stooges for this event in Dubai though...

LightWarrior
Feb 20th, 2009, 08:08 PM
It was even worse on Eurosport France : they showed the 2nd set of the Razzano match, then we got ski for 2 or 3 hours, then they showed the Razzano match AGAIN ! How dumb is that ? I'm totally pissed.

frenchie
Feb 20th, 2009, 08:43 PM
It was even worse on Eurosport France : they showed the 2nd set of the Razzano match, then we got ski for 2 or 3 hours, then they showed the Razzano match AGAIN ! How dumb is that ? I'm totally pissed.

and ES France won't show the final live tomorrow:o
As if having a french girl in a Top Tournament happens every day:rolleyes:

The good thing is that livestreams are great this week

momotastic
Feb 21st, 2009, 03:03 AM
Amelie's most recent ex GF is now the director of Eurosport. :devil:

hell has no fury than a woman scorned.

what did you expect?:tape:

Slammer7
Feb 21st, 2009, 09:38 AM
Amelie's most recent ex GF is now the director of Eurosport. :devil:

hell has no fury than a woman scorned.

what did you expect?:tape:

So she finally dumped her? Maybe now she can get a hot chick her own age. What's with the "Mommy complex" anyway?:lol:

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 21st, 2009, 09:49 AM
Don't have any problem, Eurosport player has a special channel for tennis, they shows WTA matches all year, in live and in pre-recorded, I'm watching Serena vs Ivanovic right now :drool:

kingbrh
Feb 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
I think eurosport do a reasonable job, certainly here in the UK with British Eurosport we have had full coverage this week

Wintermute
Feb 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM
Eurosport appear to be involved in the running of the event. David Mercer introduces the players, Annabelle Croft is interviewing the players oncourt and they are always going on about the wonderful event, the beautiful stadium, what lovely people the organisers are. It's such a sell out! Not once have they mentioned the Peer situation.

Aren't Croft and Mercer working for the Dubai Sports Channel, hence no criticism of the event? Eurosport is just carrying the feed.

UK is lucky to get pretty decent coverage of this event. I assume in Dubai they've shown some doubles as well as I think that was mentioned.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 21st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Aren't Croft and Mercer working for the Dubai Sports Channel, hence no criticism of the event? Eurosport is just carrying the feed.

UK is lucky to get pretty decent coverage of this event. I assume in Dubai they've shown some doubles as well as I think that was mentioned.

yes Mercer/Croft are working for Dubai Sports Channel like always.
Dubai Sports channel does show doubles.
Mercer stays on for the ATP event also.

sammy01
Feb 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM
yes Mercer/Croft are working for Dubai Sports Channel like always.
Dubai Sports channel does show doubles.
Mercer stays on for the ATP event also.

and croft goes back to chewing corn for gummy parrots :tape: