PDA

View Full Version : VENUS: A champion on a mission

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:48 PM
VENUS WILLIAMS is have a very good seasons with seven titles and appearances in two Grand Slam finals, but she is not happy.
VENUS has grown tired of the word 'fomer" before many of her great accomplishments.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020831/mdf97055.jpg

Some of VENUS' current "formers":

1. Former no. 1 player in the world
2. Former reigining Wimbledon champ
3. Former best player in the family and her own house

VENUS is on fire right now and has lost only 6 games after playing 3 matches in this years U.S. Open competition.

The current no. 1 player is playing some great 'cat like' tennis, but it is probably going to be VENUS who will take the winning trophy back to her Florida home and maybe the no. 1 ranking later on this year.

:cool:

selesrules
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:52 PM
Well, according to your post, it means that you should title the thread "Venus: A former champion on a mission". ;)

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:57 PM
Selesrules - VENUS is the reigning U.S. Open Womens Singles champion.
Apparently you were unaware of that fact. :p

selesrules
Aug 31st, 2002, 09:02 PM
Well, she won't be for long :)

TSequoia01
Aug 31st, 2002, 09:02 PM
Venus is on a mission. Her Wimbie lost hurt! Right now she is the player to beat. But I never ever count Rena out! Go Venus and three peat. :cool:

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 09:15 PM
I hope and expect to see an all WILLIAMS final with great play from both players, but if it is close, one of them has the strongest mental toughness in the game and that will get her the title.

I don't see a Catwoman holding the winning trophy in the end.
But, I wouldn't mind if a feline did get the title if it is not VENUS. :)

Bright Red
Aug 31st, 2002, 10:37 PM
I sure hope you're right, TeeRexx. I haven't seen Vee play yet, but I've heard that she is BAD TO THE BONE.

C'mon Champion Venus!!! It's time for you to show everyone (baby sisters included) who's the BOSS!!!

Grycochek
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:29 PM
This is definitely for Venus. You go girl!!!

Kart
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:33 PM
Venus always cruises through the draw, it's no real surprise. She's pretty much a safe bet for at least the final.

However, it strikes me though after watching the Wimbledon final that winning this title is in her sister's hands more than it is in hers.

If sisters do meet in the final, I hope that Venus has a few more answers than she did last time.

CC
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:51 PM
Interestingly, I am beginning to doubt that she can beat Serena in a baseline battle. She has to mix things up if they should meet again.

harloo
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:53 PM
both sisters are on form so far. I think Vee is ready to take lil sis out if they do meet in the finals. But something tells me that you can never count out Rena. Many, including myself thought Vee would take Wimby but Rena fooled me.

I also feel I have saw a new determination in Venus now. She seems more focused more now than ever, and I hope she can take it this time, but if Serena is on her game then you never know.

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:55 PM
Kart - Yeah, VENUS has such an easy draw left.
Rubin then maybe Seles and possibly Capriati in the semis.
A real cushy draw. :rolleyes:

Roseie
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:56 PM
Venus serve just disapeared at the French & Wim. I went back & looked at the stats. Venus was serving very well, around 115 MPH first serves, then in the finals she went way down to about 100 MPH. What happened? At last year US Open, her serve was huge. She knocked the racked out of Serena hand with one of her serves. She's got to serve big to beat Serena.

Kart
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:53 AM
Tee Rexx, I didn't say it was cushy but are you seriously telling me you don't expect her to get to the final at least :eek:.

TeeRexx
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:09 AM
Kart - Many Cappy, Seles & Momo fans would disagree with you.

junkartist
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:54 AM
Venus looks like a tennis assasin out there! Very very dangerous!

Williams Rulez
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:09 PM
Yes, her play has definitely picked up a notch... glad to see that that painful lost at Wimby has woken her up.

TeeRexx
Sep 1st, 2002, 04:35 PM
So far, at this current Open, VENUS has lost only 6 games in 3 matches!!

Go VENUS Go!!

junkartist
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:43 PM
Against Mueller this morning...she was rather ruthless and dismissive with some of her shots...amazing to behold! :eek: :eek:
She really looks like a goddess out there...an amazing aura...not many look like that on a tennis court! :D

elektra 4 u
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:56 PM
well Venus will find out exactly how well she is playing when she plays Chanda Rubin, now that should be a real test!

TeeRexx
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:44 PM
elektra - Beating VENUS in a Grand Slam is not an easy task and luck plays as much a part in victories over the Goddess as does skill.

joao
Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:09 AM
There's a real possibility for Venus to put things "in order" after the USO ... if she defeats Rubin, then Seles, then Capriati then her sister in the finals, Venus will have won a GS this year, will still lead in the number of titles, will still lead in the champion's Race and most of all, she will regain her #1 spot!!!!!!!!! Not by much (something like 80 points!) but she will .......... and everything will look "normal" again!!!!!!!!!ehehehe!!!!!!!!

GO VENUS!!!!!!!!! Do it all, threepeat and get back your #1 rank!

goodolvs
Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:47 AM
i wish venus could wim if she meets serena in Final!

Deira
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:04 AM
Hey!!! This is Venus' trophy y'all :)

Weevee
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:24 AM
It will not e easy to beat Serena. Venus may need a prayer so I am praying for her.

TeeRexx
Sep 3rd, 2002, 06:58 AM
weevee - Don't pray for VENUS;
pray for SERENA. :)

TeeRexx
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:25 PM
VENUS is back in the finals once more and looking to defend. :)

Informative
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Let's hear it for two-time defending champion of the USO and the winner of her last 19 matches, and 3 titles since Wimbledon!!! You are the BEST Venus and are blessed with the heart, mind, and SOUL of a CHAMPION. Please take down your equally magnificent sister tomorrow in the finals!! But win or lose tomorrow (and I'm putting ALL of my hopes on you winning!), I know you will always represent with great dignity, grace, style, beauty, and intelligence. You're NUMBER ONE Venus and always will be, rankings or no rankings. Best wishes to you and come out smoking in the finals. You can do it. You have before.

WilliamzX2
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Venus...congrats on a gutzy win today...you are "too much for words"

I soooooo want you to win tomorrow..but if its not in the cards please be sure that you're always and forever #1 for me.

your loyal fan!

TeeRexx
Sep 7th, 2002, 04:00 PM
VENUS fought off a fiesty opponent, a painful blister and partial crowd support to reach the finals once again on a quest to defend her title.

Go VENUS!

TeeRexx
Sep 8th, 2002, 07:48 AM
The mission will now point to the Australian Open in 2003 for VENUS.