PDA

View Full Version : Match where your fave never faced break point?

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Tell us all. :)

Ana, the only one I remember is against Hingis at Montreal 06. Never taken to deuce on serve. 6-2 6-3 for her first Tier I. :worship:

new-york
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
yesterday. :cool:

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM
yesterday. :cool:

I remember that. ;)

Lena fans can bring up her match against Dechy in Paris; never faced break point there. :eek:

debby
Feb 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Justine - Bartoli , Masters Madrid 2007 , in Round Robin. :)
She destroyed her 6-0 6-0, never faced a break or even game point. :inlove: Sweet revenge.

LDF
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Well, Sharapova didn't face any break points against Lindsay at the 2008 Australian Open.

I did not enjoy that, even if Maria is my current active favourite :o

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Justine - Bartoli , Masters Madrid 2007 , in Round Robin. :)
She destroyed her 6-0 6-0, never faced a break or even game point. :inlove: Sweet revenge.

Except the first game. I had woken up to see the deuce in the first game before getting too tired and decided to go to bed...so scared was I...but the double bagel was just :rolls:

vwfan
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
one of my favorites: Wimbledon 2005 QF against Pierce (then reigning French Open finalist). Great stuff from Venus.

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM
one of my favorites: Wimbledon 2005 QF against Pierce (then reigning French Open finalist). Great stuff from Venus.

The tiebreak was :drool: I remember. Venus was desperate to win in straights and Mary was trying so hard to bring it to the third set.

Dave.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Well, Sharapova didn't face any break points against Lindsay at the 2008 Australian Open.

I did not enjoy that, even if Maria is my current active favourite :o

Did Maria get a BP in the 6-0 6-0 match? If not I'll go with that one :drool:

LDF
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Yeah, in the last game :ras: Only one as well, IIRC.

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:12 PM

Lindsay lost two points from 30-15 up in the last game but Maria threw the break point away.

vwfan
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:12 PM
The tiebreak was :drool: I remember. Venus was desperate to win in straights and Mary was trying so hard to bring it to the third set.yeah. the tiebreaker was serious! great play from both players. there was one point that Venus won late in the breaker where Venus showed so much emotion with this fist pump that said "Not, today." :worship:

I am going to my video archives to look for it! :lol:

debby
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Except the first game. I had woken up to see the deuce in the first game before getting too tired and decided to go to bed...so scared was I...but the double bagel was just :rolls:

It was a Deuce at the first game, but not a break point for Marion ;) Justine was serving firstly.

You should have watched this pleasure, it was simply poetry in motion from Justine :drool: I was almost died laughing too hard !!! :lol: :tape: :hug: Marion.

zxcVbnm88
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Venus R16 at Wimbledon 07' against #2 seed Maria

http://2007.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/stats/day10/2120ms.html

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:18 PM
SHARAPOVA VS IVANOVIC MASTERS 2007 6162:lol::lol:

Dave.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah, in the last game :ras: Only one as well, IIRC.

Lindsay lost two points from 30-15 up in the last game but Maria threw the break point away.

Oh, Lindsay :smash:

There must be some match she didn't face BP. I'm useless at remembering these things though. :o

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
SHARAPOVA VS IVANOVIC MASTERS 2007 6162:lol::lol:

Ana had a few 0-30's in the second set and a couple deuces but Maria was just too good that day :sad: And Ana didn't play as well as she did against Sveta and Dani. But all credit to Maria, great match she played.

Ana didn't face break point against de los Rios in Wimbledon either. ;)

V-MAC
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM
yeah. the tiebreaker was serious! great play from both players. there was one point that Venus won late in the breaker where Venus showed so much emotion with this fist pump that said "Not, today." :worship:

I am going to my video archives to look for it! :lol:

Yeah I remember that so well...good times:D Vee was so fired up in that tiebreak:hearts:

LDF
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Oh, Lindsay :smash:

There must be some match she didn't face BP. I'm useless at remembering these things though. :o

Ooh, I remember one! Davenport def. Asagoe 6-1 6-1 [US Open 2004 QF] :cool:

She almost did it against Venus in the previous round; no break points faced until that multi-deuce final game :lol:

Mashafaaaaan
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Ana had a few 0-30's in the second set and a couple deuces but Maria was just too good that day :sad: And Ana didn't play as well as she did against Sveta and Dani. But all credit to Maria, great match she played.

Ana didn't face break point against de los Rios in Wimbledon either. ;)

Ana couldn't play as well as she did against Kuz.

pattyclijsters
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Kim Clijsters vs. Patty Schnyder Final Stanford 2006: 64 62 :cool:

That' also a match where my nextbestfave never had a break point :rolleyes:

Dave.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Ooh, I remember one! Davenport def. Asagoe 6-1 6-1 [US Open 2004 QF] :cool:

She almost did it against Venus in the previous round; no break points faced until that multi-deuce final game :lol:

Good one! but surely she's done it against someone better? :lol:

Trust Lindsay to always have one game where she goes walkabout :o

LDF
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Good one! but surely she's done it against someone better? :lol:

Trust Lindsay to always have one game where she goes walkabout :o

"Davenport didn't face a break point on her serve. She fired nine aces and connected on 74 percent of her first serves against Petrova, a first-time singles qualifier in the championships."

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200511/10/eng20051110_220285.html

[Yes, I have nothing else to do ;)]

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Lindsay never faced break point against Rezai in Auckland final last year and Govortsova in Memphis final. :)

Donny
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Serena defeat Maria 6-1 6-1, Miami 07.

Sylvester
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:44 PM
She also didn't face any break points on her 6-0 6-2 trashing against Caro and she didn't also face any break point on her comeback match against Daniilidou. :eek:

EDIT: She also didn't face any break point against Sprem in the Wimbledon QF.

EDIT2: Davenport hasn't allowed a single break point in 4 matches in a row! (vs Wozniacki, Erakovic and Govortsova in Memphis and then vs Dulko in Indian Wells!)

vwfan
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:54 PM
yeah. the tiebreaker was serious! great play from both players. there was one point that Venus won late in the breaker where Venus showed so much emotion with this fist pump that said "Not, today." :worship:

I am going to my video archives to look for it! :lol:Ok.

They were 6-6 in second set tiebreak. Pierce had just missed two setpoint opportunities.
Venus was serving, hit fh dtl and Pierce hit an amazing crosscourt winner, YET Venus gets there in time slices it back, but is completely out of position. The crowd roars as it appears that Pierce may have a easy put away with Williams out of position. She gets to the ball and hits it just long. Venus pumps her fist and explodes with passion.

Mary Joe commenting: "That shows just how much she wants this." The rest, as they say, is literally history: Venus Williams 2005 Wimbledon Champion after playing the longest women's match in Wimbledon history and winning despite being matchpoint down.

So, sorry Linds. :sad:

Dave.
Feb 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM
"Davenport didn't face a break point on her serve. She fired nine aces and connected on 74 percent of her first serves against Petrova, a first-time singles qualifier in the championships."

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200511/10/eng20051110_220285.html

[Yes, I have nothing else to do ;)]

:worship: Another tourney Linds should have won :(

Lindsay never faced break point against Rezai in Auckland final last year and Govortsova in Memphis final. :)

She also didn't face any break points on her 6-0 6-2 trashing against Caro and she didn't also face any break point on her comeback match against Daniilidou. :eek:

EDIT: She also didn't face any break point against Sprem in the Wimbledon QF.

EDIT2: Davenport hasn't allowed a single break point in 4 matches in a row! (vs Wozniacki, Erakovic and Govortsova in Memphis and then vs Dulko in Indian Wells!)

Ooh, good ones. I knew Linds had done it a few times!

Ok.

They were 6-6 in second set tiebreak. Pierce had just missed two setpoint opportunities.
Venus was serving, hit fh dtl and Pierce hit an amazing crosscourt winner, YET Venus gets there in time slices it back, but is completely out of position. The crowd roars as it appears that Pierce may have a easy put away with Williams out of position. She gets to the ball and hits it just long. Venus pumps her fist and explodes with passion.

Mary Joe commenting: "That shows just how much she wants this." The rest, as they say, is literally history: Venus Williams 2005 Wimbledon Champion after playing the longest women's match in Wimbledon history and winning despite being matchpoint down.

So, sorry Linds. :sad:

Ouch :sad: Venus, Lindsay, Mary, they all deserved another slam at that point. Why did they all have to play well at the same time? :sobbing: 2005 had many good matches but many heartbreaks too.

vwfan
Feb 18th, 2009, 05:39 PM
:worship: Another tourney Linds should have won :(

Ooh, good ones. I knew Linds had done it a few times!

Ouch :sad: Venus, Lindsay, Mary, they all deserved another slam at that point. Why did they all have to play well at the same time? :sobbing: 2005 had many good matches but many heartbreaks too.Yeah. All my favs and I would have been happy if either had won, but since Venus had not had a good result in a reaaaaaaally long time, I was (and am) so happy she pulled it out.

Epigone
Feb 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Zvonareva d. Peer 6-1 6-4 (Pattaya Open SF '09)

DA FOREHAND
Feb 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Iva Majoli -def Martina Hingis 1997 French Open Final!!!:worship:

dal
Feb 18th, 2009, 08:18 PM
the first match that comes to mind.. would be from last week- paris 1st rd ame against errani 6/2 6/0

The Dawntreader
Feb 18th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Wimby 2007 against Sharapova:drool::worship:

HenryMag.
Feb 18th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Lena fans can bring up her match against Dechy in Paris; never faced break point there. :eek:

Maybe you will be surpised, but it wasn't the 1st time to Lena.

Moscow 07 QF - Lena def. Vika 7-6 6-2, 0 bps faced and hit a serve at 194 km/h :worship:

Davodus
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:21 AM
lucie def stosur Brisbane 2nd round :yeah: played flawless tennis particularly on serve
ALG i don't remember
i know she faced none in her first qualies match against kutuzova this year in brisbane

KBdoubleu
Feb 19th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Venus vs. Pierce Wimbledon '05.
Serena vs. Sharapova Miami '07

Serena vs. Hingis US Open '01 was a great serving effort from Serena, despite the fact that she was broken twice.

LegionArgentina
Feb 19th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Bogota 2009
Katalin Marosi def Silvia Soler 6/3-6/0
Johanna Larsson def Carla Beltrami 6/2-6/2
Memphis 2009
Lucie Safarova def Melanie South 6/2-6/2
Caroline Wozniacki def Jelena Dokic 6/1-6/2

Sylvester
Feb 19th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Maybe you will be surpised, but it wasn't the 1st time to Lena.

Moscow 07 QF - Lena def. Vika 7-6 6-2, 0 bps faced and hit a serve at 194 km/h :worship:

Other matches Lena did that:

US Open 2006 2R: vs Emma Laine
Wimbledon 2003 2R: vs Arantxa Parra

InsideOut.
Feb 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM

:worship:

The Dawntreader
Feb 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM

Extremely impresive.