PDA

View Full Version : SERENA: The finess game

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:16 PM
SERENA WILLIAMS has wowed fans with her mental toughness, power, speed and great athletic ability and during the current U.S. Open competition she has added thrilling fashion and a finess game to her already potent power game as well.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020831/mdf96693.jpg

SERENA has been using angle shots as good as those hit by Hingis, slices like Conchita and drop shots like VENUS' along with her best in the game serves.

These improvements have brought her another step away from everyone in the tour except for her sister, VENUS.
SERENA has been taking the power off of a lot of her shots and has been seeking the sharp angled shots for winners and near winners.
Add these jewels to her sweet slices and deadly second serves and it is no wonder why the Catwoman is the #1 player on the third rock from the sun.

Without any injury or an act of god, I do not see anyone in her half even causing her to go three sets.
VENUS is the only real possibility of stopping the big cat.

MinskLynx
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:19 PM
Yes, her shots may have finess, but I would hardly call the actions to hit those shots finess. For me, it's an all or nothing package.

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:24 PM
Megan - You opinions are duly noted.
It is apparent you see a much different version of what most people are seeing in SERENA'S game at this time.
I have never heard of anyone calling skilled angled and slice shots and all or nothing approach to a tennis strategy.

But, such is life. :)

kiwifan
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:24 PM
Tee, guess who's back and looking for a fight?

Our favorite "Russian".

Behave better this time, I'm being a bit of a bad cop over in the Anke thread.

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:29 PM
Kiwi - Yeah, some people will never get over the Cold War. LOL

MinskLynx
Aug 31st, 2002, 08:54 PM
:rolleyes:

S-T-U-P-I-D

TeeRexx
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:07 PM
:)

kiwifan
Aug 31st, 2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Megan
:rolleyes:

S-T-U-P-I-D :) :) :)

:angel: :angel: :angel:

MinskLynx
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:04 AM
:cool:

kiwifan
Sep 1st, 2002, 12:27 AM
:p :p :p

MinskLynx
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:06 AM
:o

Sam L
Sep 1st, 2002, 05:13 AM
FINESSE

But otherwise I agree. I wonder if Serena really is a lover of cats. I would like to see her starting charities or creating awareness for felines in nature such as saving tigers from extinction :)

kiwifan
Sep 1st, 2002, 06:14 AM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: