PDA

View Full Version : Whispers that it's Monica's last US Open

ttaM
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:24 PM
Why does that interviewer guy keep saying that?

Then Pat went on to say that the "whispers" are getting louder and louder as Seles struggles to win matches. *sigh* So the two players who aren't intimidated by power get Seles in their draw, and now Monica should retire because she lost a set to 'em? :rolleyes: I wonder what Pat thinks of Sampras? A lot worse results this year than Monica but I don't hear that interviewer guy or Pat saying there are "whispers" going around about this being Pete's last Open. I guess Pete's words that he will play next year is more clearly heard than Monica's I still love to play and will untill I'm tired of it, which she has been saying for the past 6 years. :rolleyes:

Fingon
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:25 PM
Her coach said different DURING the match.

selesrules
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:26 PM
I was also tired of the commentators talking about "Monica's last US Open this year". Monica denied this in her last interview, even her coach denied today on TV. It's just annoying that they have to keep bringing it up. Anyways I just hope Monica can raise her level for the next matches. Go Monica!

ttaM
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:26 PM
Mike?

I got to see the last 3 games of the match. What did Mike say?

irma
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:27 PM
guess martina will retire too, kimmy almost lost too, retire is in the air and justine troubles in 1 set against the number 1102(?) embrassing retirement right away!
guess the wta will be empty after this tournament :rolleyes: ;)

wongqks
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:29 PM
I guess Venus should seriously consider retirement coz she lost TWO game in the second set at the moment :eek:

nysaga
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:31 PM
all these rumors are coming from the damn media. it's like they trying to force Moni into retirement.

Mark43
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:38 PM
They also said that Monica has not signed up for any tournaments this fall. Is this true, and if so, why?

Kart
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:41 PM
She's signed up for Zurich.

Kart
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:41 PM
And she's said all year that she'd play the tour finals if they're not in Germany.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:55 PM
Monica's coach said she probably wont because of the way she has been training and stuff/

ttaM
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by KoolManSteven
Monica's coach said she probably wont because of the way she has been training and stuff/

Won't retire because the way she's been training (Training like really working out?)

or

Won't be back next year because of the way she's been training (or lack of I guess?)

What did you mean, KoolManSteven? :eek:

ktwtennis
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:59 PM
Yeah, Mike was pretty adamant and responded quickly when he denied Monica's retiring...

ktwtennis
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:01 PM
He said she's really been working hard on bettering her defensive ball and flexibility with her trainer...Sounds like she's working hard!...She really wants to if her body will work with her...