PDA

View Full Version : Where's The TV Coverage Of The Defending Champ = Venus

GogoGirl
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:22 PM
Not once has CBS cut to the Venus match. I am toooo fit to be tied - and even w/them showing James Blake.

Venus is the defending champion and yet - she is not getting the coverage she deserves IMO.

Too tied up in knots to even expound further.

Becool
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:25 PM
Im watching her :)

"Topaz"
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:42 PM
Lucky you, Becool! Here in North America, we get the men's. :(
But this Blake-Hewitt match promises to be a good one. This is gonna be tennis galore from two great shot makers.

Okasu
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:44 PM
If they do show Venus match it will be taped-delayed.

Mitzi
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:45 PM
We had covredge of the match...

anton
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:46 PM
did VEnus play well? she won quickly.

nysaga
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:49 PM
Venus' matches are boring until she plays a big name.

Becool
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:51 PM
Yes she's very fast and powerful

Muller didn't had any chances :o

But crowd tried to cheer her up, but Venus was there :cool:

Infiniti2001
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:32 PM
I love Vee, but I don't have any complains today... I enjoyed the Seles /Cho match, and now I am so loving Blake/Hewitt ... I'm hoping that Blake beats that loud -mouth frat boy:p

Sophie
Aug 31st, 2002, 06:39 PM
Even Venus looks bored with her early round matches.

harloo
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:30 PM
I think at times Venus kinds of embarasses her opponents. I was a little ticked because I wanted to tape the match, but I knew it was another slaughter. Vee is in a class of her own, and I know Mueller wasn't going to be up to snuff with her.
Also, the James/Hewitt matchup is pretty heated. Go Jamie!!!!!!!!!!Kiss some Aussie ass!!!! Even though I think Hewitt will win. Good luck to my boy!!!!

I know they will show Jenny regardless of what the score is, she is America's Sweetheart.:rolleyes: Anyways, I guess I will watch that one and she what Caps is up too.

servenrichie
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:17 AM
I have been fuming here in Germany also. Where is the tv coverage of 2-times defending champion. You would think people know something about respect!

TeeRexx
Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:21 AM
They only respect old Petey, Andre & little Andy.

Sam L
Sep 2nd, 2002, 09:10 AM
I think I've seen like a few seconds of her on Australian TV and that was during the sports news :eek:

Oh well, the final is coming up.