PDA

View Full Version : Cho vs Seles

Infiniti2001
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:30 PM
Anyone watching this live match??? OMG! I am so impressed with Cho-- she is not at all intimidate by Monica... What a match-- hoping Monica will pull it off though... And they say the men's tour has more depth grrrrrrrr

Berlin_Calling
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:33 PM
GO YOON JEONG!!

ttaM
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:34 PM
Why does Monica always get the non-intimidated opponents?

C'mon Monica!

Infiniti2001
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:07 PM
WOW!! This is the BEST match at the Open thus far!!!! Congrats Monica...

nysaga
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:09 PM
Moni needs a bitch-slap for scaring me like that..lol

luv ya Moni!

M2k
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:16 PM
*bitch slaps nysaga* :p

nysaga
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:22 PM
luv ya too, M2k ...didn't want you to feel left out :kiss: ;)

selesrules
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:22 PM
I'm so happy that Monica won. She was up 6-1, 5-1 and I was starting to feel confident about her chances against Hingis or Venus. I thought that she started finding her form but then all of a sudden she started to struggle. But I'm glad that she won whatever the score is, she hasn't played a lot recently and she hasn't found her rythm yet.

Everyone is talking about how Hingis is not playing a lot recently and that Monica should beat her but we have to remember that Monica also coming back from injury and hasn't played a lot. I just hope she can finally pick up her game but I won't have very high hopes at this point. But Monica IS capable of raising her level and I hope she will start playing the way she played last summer. Keep fighting Monica!

Greenout
Aug 31st, 2002, 05:25 PM
So, what will Cho's new ranking be? Will she still have
play qualify for events?

In her early rounds she beat Magui Serna ,and Paola
Suarez. I can really see now how she beat them.
The balls were really deep at times.

TomLovesMonica
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:27 PM
WOw, I just watched this match and I really enjoyed it! Of course I wished that Monica would take in in two, but Cho was fighting so hard and...she is such a sweet girl who really enjoys herself on the court, that I didn't mind the fact that she won the 2nd set.

But still I am glad Monica won! I really don't know what to exprct from her against Hingis. To be honest, I'm not too impressed by Monica's current form; it's ovious that she doesn't have any match rithm at all. But hey, who cares?

I loves Monica's dropshots by the way! I am so glad that she is using them again!

harloo
Aug 31st, 2002, 07:38 PM
Well the match was good, but I was suprised that Monica choked at 6-1,5-1. If Monica didn't choke, the match would of been predictable. It wasn't a case of Cho doing anything spectacular, it was a case of Monica having a temporary breakdown IMO.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Aug 31st, 2002, 09:17 PM
Cho will be #66 in a week :D Well done to her, a nice debut in the top 100! :)

I am impressed (not her serve) but everything else as well. Monica, however, displayed true champions form. So well done to her as well :D