PDA

View Full Version : Please stop the insanity

AmonRa777
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:24 AM
I really enjoy reading this board..but the 'Best Ball Striker.' thread sounds like some of Tracy Austin drivel on tv...Read these words very carefully...THERE IS NO SINGLE PLAYER THAT STRIKES THE BALL MORE PURE THAN EVERYONE ELSE!!

You guys named some good candidates but some of the profers were just silly...the sound of the ball coming off a racket is a function of several things...string type and tension, racket type, how hard the ball is struck and yes how true it was struck( true meaning in the sweetspot i guess)

First of all Jennifer makes too many unforced errors to even be considered...Davenport does strike a flat solid ball when its hit to her..but she is very average on the move...Seles is without a doubt the closest player to the mantle you guys are debating...But Venus backhand is without a doubt the best stroke on the tour...Sugiyama is a good ball striker, but you guys didn't even mention her because she doesn't win ...if winning is a criteria then Venus and Serena must strike it really well...the best ball striker is the one that wins the most....LOGIC IS VIRTUE

AjdeNate!
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:29 AM
I agree with you for what you're saying. At the pro level, they all must strike the ball pretty good, right?