PDA

View Full Version : Who Played The Best 3rd Round Match On The Top 1/2 Of The Draw?

AjdeNate!
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:10 AM
I hope it's ok to start this thread.... I tried to praise Serena's match in another thread and got kicked in the head. SO, here's try #2 and hopefully I won't get ganged up and insulted and personally criticized this time.....

I think Serena. She really stepped up her intensity and hitting, I think. She was whacking the ball with serious conviction. Dechy is no slouch and I really expected a slightly closer match. I think Serena's performance was the most awesome display of tennis for today.

Sometimes players hit the same level and win against early round opponents, but have the same level against the big guns and lose. Serena's level today would have beaten nearly any one in the Top 10 today, IMO.

So who needs to raise their level of play on the top 1/2 for the upcoming 4th round matches and who has hit their stride.

(And, yes even tho' she lost 1 more game than the other day, I feel that Serena made a bit of an improvement in her level of play).

Becool
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:17 AM
I couldn't see the match, but good that Serena is improving match by match :)

I hope she can reach the finals and play with the same intensity there and win again :D

wongqks
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:27 AM
Looking at the stat, Serena scares the hell out of me, I dun think anyone will pose her any problem until the final

Sam L
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:35 AM
Honestly I don't know why you deleted that thread. You have to stand up for yourself!

Since I didn't see ANY of the women, thanks to Australian TV coverage, I can't comment! :(