PDA

View Full Version : A lot of Two Handed Backhands

CJ07
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:00 AM
Jan-Micheal Gambil, Mariol Bartoli, Sluiter and obviously Monica, i wonder why more people are using it? Isnt it a disadvantage?

mboyle
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:21 AM
You mean two handed forehands? I can name some more: Su Wei Hsieh, Fabrice Santoro, and Casanova used to.

Monica@53
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:23 AM
two-handed forehands???

Include Adriana Serra-Zanetti, Nana Miyagi, Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo and a host of others.

I would like to think a lot of them have idolised Monica and copied her style, although many of them are fairly old and established so probably didn't take on the two handed forehand as a result of idolising her.

I think perhaps for people who aren't naturally powerful, they see the two handed forehand as a way to enhance the strength in their forehand. Or for others, it just feels more natural, like it did for Monica.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:25 AM
Yeah dear, the minority is the one handed backhand!!! Go Guga, Rogi, and Justine--making tennis carefree and fluent!

venusfan
Aug 31st, 2002, 12:32 AM
I think JMG forehand is one of the ugliest shots in tennis. He will never get up into the top 10 with a shot like that.

Sam L
Aug 31st, 2002, 03:08 AM
I agree venusfan, he really should lose it if he wants to further his career.

And in fact that goes for most all other players except Monica. You either have it or you don't. It just does't work on others.

jadore
Aug 31st, 2002, 04:07 AM
i have a 2handed 4hand :)