PDA

View Full Version : Ok, why men's tennis has more depth?

Nimi
Aug 30th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Davenport def. Testud 6-1 7-6, commentators say that Sandrine gave a superb fight & that it was a close match, & Lindsay struggled.

Seles def. Schiavone 6-4 6-4, commentators say that Schiavone gave one hell of a fight & that Monica struggled.

But!

Hewitt def. Agassi 7-5 6-3, commentators say that Hewitt cruised easily, & outplayed Agassi.

Federer def. Mirnyi 6-4 6-4, commentators say that both semi finals have been extremely one sided (the other one was Safin def. Robredo 6-2 4-2 ret.)

Thats why! :)

harloo
Aug 30th, 2002, 06:26 PM
I think last night when some of the men were cruising the male commentators were on the defensive. They kept saying that the mens side has so much depth which is true, but last night the men's side was on cruise control.

I think the women should go back to 16 seeds because 32 seeds is producing alot of challengers who aren't cutting it. It's like these girls are just happy to be in a grand slam, and are coming to lose.

Nimi
Aug 30th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Big deal, one night.

harloo
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:37 PM
:rolleyes:

bluepastures
Aug 30th, 2002, 09:32 PM
These kind of arguments are meaningless. I don't think the men's game is noticeably stronger or weaker in depth than the ladies game. Men's scores will on average always be closer, because the serve is much more dominant & powerful, and breaks of serve are much rarer. Elise Burgin on Sky Sports a couple of nights ago, said exactly the same thing.