PDA

View Full Version : Bovina fights Foretz for win

MinskLynx
Aug 30th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Drama in that match, of course USA showed Henman and Safin early in their matches instead of the conclusion of this match.

Bovina cruises for 6-2 in the first set, and is up 5-4 in the second. She starts losing her serve, making unforced errors. Foretz conversely is hitting winners, keeping her unforced errors low. Foretz breaks, holds, and breaks again for the set. She then gets the break early in the third. But Elena after dropping her serve just holds on untill Foretz serves for it at 4-5. Elena gets the must have game, holds belting 105mph+ serves, and breaks Stef at love. :bounce:

But not only in games was it a battle, but Bovina regularly came from behind in games to win them. As in, from 40-15 to break Foretz. Or from 15-40 serving to hold.

Perhaps she is breaking the "Russia complex", where the Russian girls tend to choke and lose the battles.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Great match both players, gave me a bit of anxiety.

Elena for sure will be back in the top 50 after the open:D :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Aug 30th, 2002, 08:33 PM
It was a good match so glad Elena won!i think shes the most talented russian since Kournikova i mean she can do more than belt the ball she has great volleys,is a good mover and a good serve.

Shooter
Aug 30th, 2002, 11:33 PM
How would one go about getting a videotape of this match? Is it even possible? Did any network film it from start to finish? Thanks.