PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Dokic's brother nurtures fragile family relations

spiceboy
Feb 4th, 2009, 05:26 PM
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/europe/news/article_1457287.php/Jelena_Dokics_brother_nurtures_fragile_family_rela tions_

Jelena Dokic's brother nurtures fragile family relations

Belgrade - Jelena Dokic re-emerged as a force in tennis with an Australian Open quarter-final berth last week, and may also find a path to rebuild ties with her estranged teenage brother, a report said Tuesday.
'Jelena and I talk on the phone whenever we have a chance and discuss many things, mostly tennis, but also family,' her 18-year-old brother Sava told the Belgrade daily Press. 'I'm so happy she returned to the court, showing everybody how strong she is.'
Sava Dokic, who lives alone in Belgrade, refuses to discuss what he said are 'entangled' family relations, particularly the once sour, now severed ties between his sister and their father, Damir.
'I wish those issues could be resolved one day, but until then, I only wish my sister to return to full form,' he said.
Now in a final year of a private high school in Belgrade, Sava said he visited his sister and mother in Australia last summer.
After a long period of total silence with all members of her family, Jelena recently also re-established contact with her mother, now divorced from Damir and residing in Australia.
Father Damir's apparent appeal for reconciliation, in recent interviews, however so far remain ignored by Jelena.
The Dokic family fled from Croatia to Serbia during wars in former Yugoslavia and eventually made their way to Australia, taking Australian citizenship.
In 2001, however, Damir returned the family to Serbia with plans to start a tennis academy.
But, amid frequent antics of the hot-tempered former truck driver, his projects soured as did relations with Jelena, who was at one point ranked fourth in the world but then went through a long slump.

Lindsayfan32
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Glad to see Jelena rebuilding her relationship with her mum and brother. I just hope she keeps saying no to Damir he only wants back in because of the money she making. He's a dickhead who deserves to live alone and rot in hell for the way he's treated Jelena and the rest of the family. Continue doing well Jelena so you can keep putting it up him.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Feb 4th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Good inspiration for budding drama writers.

frenchie
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Her brother is Savo not Sava

Golovinjured.
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I read that a few days ago, nothing really mindblowing.

Lulu.
Feb 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Nice article.

iGOAT
Feb 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Good :hug:

Dawn Marie
Feb 5th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Glad that her mom divorced Damir. It's nice to know that Jelena has her mom with her in Australia and that her and her brother are bonding again. This is great news.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 5th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Jelena will be happier and more at peace with everything if she rekindles relationships with her mom and brother. Nice to see the ball is rolling off the court as well.